The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Do The Canucks Do If They Lose In First Round.

Macgruber_Mullet

Just wondering what you think / would want the Canucks organization to do if they were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Fire AV? Trades? etc.

I know this obviously won't happen because we are going to win the cup this year...but hypothetically speaking if it does, what would be the next step in your mind! :canucks:

Do we really have to do this now? We're heading into the playoffs, everybody's carrying a positive vibe and now this crap?? Call it superstitious, call it whatever you want but really, how is this helpful to even discuss before the Stanley Cup playoffs are over? Before they've even begun, FFS.

Always good to have contingencies in place before something like that happens. I'm sure MG is prepared for that to happen, but of course we're all hoping for a deep run.

Personally, I have no idea what that would spark, but I would hope MG sticks with his plan, it seems to be working out well so far.

Do we really have to do this now? We're heading into the playoffs, everybody's carrying a positive vibe and now this crap?? Call it superstitious, call it whatever you want but really, how is this helpful to even discuss before the Stanley Cup playoffs are over? Before they've even begun, FFS.

Fire Alain and his whole staff. I think they do a great job, but heads need to roll. Other than that, I don't think they'll make any big changes. We still have a fantastic team, and MG doesn't seem like the type to make that sort of reactionary move.

It depends. If it's a first/second round loss I'm guessing AV is gone.

If Luongo collapses again I would have to imagine that Schneider would be starting for us next year.

No matter how we do in the playoffs I get the feeling that MG is going to add a significant piece at the draft (2nd line winger or a 2nd pairing Dman).

Other than that I assume he'll do what he usually does. Stock up on 4th liners and 7th/8th Dmen for depth.

What I really want him to do:

1) Get Parise

2) Sign Tootoo

3) Sign Jackman

Archived