The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Do The Canucks Do If They Lose In First Round.

Macgruber_Mullet

If that happens, we'll have weeks and weeks to talk about it indepth before the draft, and this thread will get buried in a myriad of other discussions.

If it doesn't, this thread will end up nothing more than pointless drivel.

So, either way...this thread sucks.

It's kinda interesting to speculate about.

Gillis is a patient GM and it would totally depend on the circumstances - for example: is Daniel and the gang all healthy? Did Luongo have a GAA of 6.5?

I would say Bowness & AV would definitely get let go regardless. Maybe GMMG would overpay for a solid top-4 defenseman just to make sure that something was done. Schneider might get moved for something more immediately helpful than draft picks/prospects. Some role players might be moved at the most, but GMMG would probably focus more on keeping Vancouver an attractive place to play and would probably also stick to his guns about not asking players to waive their NTCs/NMCs.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Fire AV (6 years and 1 year going to the finals/conference isn't going to cut it).

Trade either Luongo or Schneider

Dump Ballard

Trade Raymond

4 big moves followed by the minor tweaks that we always do.

You wake up, because it's only a bad dream.

I have too much faith in the team, top to bottom, to think such a hypothetical scenario is remotely possible.

However in order to have the decency to answer your question. I think firstly it would depend on the circumstances. We may have met the eventual winners. If that was the case we are no worse than any of the other teams.

If our goal tending was found wanting then that must be rectified. I doubt this could happen.

If our defence was not up to the task then we would have to make trades, similarly with our attack. If you want me to say, sack AV, I would not on the evidence of one failure because I think he would be almost impossible to replace........similarly with MG.

Archived