The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Do The Canucks Do If They Lose In First Round.

Macgruber_Mullet

Fire AV (6 years and 1 year going to the finals/conference isn't going to cut it).

Trade either Luongo or Schneider

Dump Ballard

Trade Raymond

4 big moves followed by the minor tweaks that we always do.

you sit back and assess what went wrong and why it went wrong. did luongo and schneider fold? did the defence pack in? did we score? doubtful AV would be blamed for it. chock it up to fatigue from last year + playoffs + this year etc.? then reset for next year, move the pieces that didn't work bring in some new guns. try again.

Been watching the nucks since '82 and AV is by far the best coach Vancouver has ever had. He's also the winningest (is that a word??) coach in the history of the Vancouver Canucks.

You do not fire AV until he has a season where the Canucks miss the playoffs entirely.

If they lose first round, you tweak for next season. Maybe re-evaluate your defence and goaltending situation (trade Lou or Schneid for a top d-man), that is all.

The term "hypothetical" does not pertain to the Canucks. You are thinking of the worst case scenario in reference to the POs.That would be like me asking what happens if my daughter is killed in a car accident. It has not happened, hopefully it never happens and until then, why dwell on the possibility? It can only breed negativity.

Reload, and try again next year.

Or...

CDC explodes after the loss. MG is unable to see any of the CDC trade proposals and is paralyzed without his favourite resource. With CDC gone, he tries out trades in NHL12 until he finds the right combination that wins the cup in an EA simulation.

:lol:

I think we need more threads like this. What to do if the plane crashes and we need all new players and coaches, what to do if there is a massive west coast earthquake and Vancouver falls into the ocean, etc. etc.

I think the Canuck organization should have contingencies for all of this.

You think this is "premature"? It's the end of the regular season. I don't know about you but I've been thinking about round 1 of the playoffs since the end of summer. So if ever there was a time to think about our season's review, now is the time. We've already made the playoffs and now we're waiting for our opponent. Expectations are high and if we lose, I'm going to be on needles waiting to hear from Gillis and the boys.

I think we need more threads like this. What to do if the plane crashes and we need all new players and coaches, what to do if there is a massive west coast earthquake and Vancouver falls into the ocean, etc. etc.

I think the Canuck organization should have contingencies for all of this.

Just wondering what you think / would want the Canucks organization to do if they were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Fire AV? Trades? etc.

I know this obviously won't happen because we are going to win the cup this year...but hypothetically speaking if it does, what would be the next step in your mind! :canucks:

Archived