The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time To Ban Smoking In Public

YaK

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Smokers are the shallowest people. They started smoking, because their friends pressured them into it. They will never get an ounce of sympathy out of me.

Second hand smoke is dangerous for kids under 12, and has been proven to reduce lung compacity, and cause a number other of issues later in life.

There's a difference between smoking cigs and driving cars, you see. The former is not necessary at all while the latter is (for some people at the very least)

Try a different comparison, yeah?

Imo it should be treated the same as alcohol consumption.

OP. I would love for you to go anywhere outside Vancouver and complain. Pick any city in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe etc. and just observe how well non-smokers have it on the West Coast of North America. I think only San Fransico is the only city ahead of Vancouver for its persecution of smokers. Even in places such as Oslo or Stockholm, people smoke all over, even in cafes outside.

If you wish, however, I can send you some goggles and a nose plug, or perhaps even a gas mask.

There's a difference between smoking cigs and driving cars, you see. The former is not necessary at all while the latter is (for some people at the very least)

Try a different comparison, yeah?

Imo it should be treated the same as alcohol consumption.

Going to ban perfume, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, leather jackets, hand lotion, anyone who has had garlic for lunch while you're at it?

Nothing worse then being in a confined space with someone who is fresh from the salon, the shower, lunch, the gym or the washroom and stands next to you. See how silly that sounds?

Who are you to decide what's necesary? The overwhelming majority of driving is NOT necesary.

Alchohol and tobacco should be regulated as absolutely little as possible so long as the safety of the public is maintained. It's fair enough to not expect to have to work in a hazy smoke filled enviroment and we should expect people behind the wheel to be sober. Fair enough.

The nazis trying to stop you from having a smoke or enjoy a glass of wine on the beach have go to go.......

Perfumes, deodorants, hand lotions, and any cooked foods do contain carcinogens.  They, like the fumes coming from somene who has recently had a smoke, woudl be in extremely low quantities though.

Let's face it, it's no the health risk that concerns you, it's the "offensive odour".

Archived