Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Malhotra's Back

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Is it me or is he continuing to improve to the level of last year when he got Selke consideration. He's playing his best hockey in a year. Suddenly I'm optimistic about the playoffs even though Daniel is still hurt.

#2 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

He had a few great scoring chances tonight. Would have felt good for him to slot one.

As I've said before, Manny Malhotra as our 4th line centre? I will take that any day of the week. Now lets gets Daniel, Bally and Bitz back in the line up and we're GOLDEN!

#3 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

He's been playing really good, but I wouldn't concider him Selke-material tho

#4 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Ever since he had those games off. Rest does matter!!!!

But can you imagine if he does return to form...manny,pahlsson and lapierre...wow

2lnqqu.jpg

#5 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

I wonder if Kesler is gonna be nominated for the Selke this year, I doubt he will :/

#6 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Malholtra's problems don't connect with his eye injury.. It's the aftermath of the eye injury. He had little to no time for conditioning for the 2011-12 season. He's finally starting to get used to things again.

#7 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

I thought this was a thread about his back...

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#8 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

He's been playing really good, but I wouldn't concider him Selke-material tho

Not a lot of 4th line centers are B)

2nd line centers on the other hand... :towel:

#9 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

He's returning to form. I see great improvements in his game.

#10 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

I love manny... And he is incredible to have on the fourth line!
Our depth is unbelievable!

Manny is a great 3rd line center but plays on the fourth here.... Higgins is a top 6 caliber player... Kesler is a number 1 caliber center... Booth could be top line on some teams... Ballard was a top 2 PPQB on another team, Salo is a number 2 caliber dman, so is Hamhuis, Edler is #1 Caliber, Bieksa is #3 caliber, Tanev is arguably top 4 ready, Schneider is a number 1 goalie. So much depth!!!!!

Edited by Edler's Mind Tricks, 28 March 2012 - 11:42 PM.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#11 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

He's had a couple of good games lately but his vision is still affecting him. For example; his givaway on McLeod (I think). He was just skating straight up and didn't even know Mcleod was right behind him.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#12 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

he's such a great leader doing whatever he can for the team to win, he's starting to get more chances lets hope he buries em !

#13 Kesler the Beast

Kesler the Beast

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

He's had a couple of good games lately but his vision is still affecting him. For example; his givaway on McLeod (I think). He was just skating straight up and didn't even know Mcleod was right behind him.

I didn't realize the eye in the back of his head got injured last year as well.

#14 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

if his vision was that bad he wouldn't be playing - he can see and his vision does not affect him one bit.
He's late in conditioning and getting used to playing again.

he'll be a solid playoff performer - do not blame his eyesight for dumb mistakes -

he's still one of the best in the league at faceoff's

and agree'd he does not have eyes in the back of his head.

just liek a lot of canucks players - he's had a tough time this year and he's starting to turn it aroudn
just like hansen and everybody else./

#15 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Jeez man, is he the only player on our team who has given up the puck like that? On your opinion, half our team would be lining up at Specsavers. Get real and stop looking to stigmatise the man with faulty vision.

I do believe the Canucks have their own ophthalmologists who will have carried out plenty of tests and checks on Manny's eyes.

What is it with CDC that every time they want to criticise a player they compare him to some fictitious PERFECT PLAYER.

Here's a free one for you. The next time you see one of our players fail your perfectionist test, ask yourself if you've seen any of our other players do the same thing. Unless you have the memory of a budgie, I'm sure you will think of a few.

Edit: Manny is a warrior...........He has already scored two of the best goals I have seen from a Canuck this season. One of them could only have been scored by a player with perfect vision.

Edited by Bodee, 29 March 2012 - 04:15 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#16 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

He should be able to return to the Manny of old as long as he's given the opportunity to. He's been skating well of late and gets his chances. Hopefully he'll start burying a couple more and life will be good.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#17 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

Ive thought there was something else wrong with Manny. HIs vision shouldnt affect his play or he wouldnt be playing. (at least not to the degreee his play has dropped off) and does it really take all season to get into game shape if you come to camp out of shape?
GOD BE PRAISED

#18 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,218 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

I firmly believe that most players who suffer a serious injury are a little tentative for awhile upon their return. Requires a bit of an easing in and many will have lost a step or two, as well as being a bit cautious at first. Both conditioning and psychologically related stuff to shake off. He's had a lot to work through and the fact that he was off for personal issues also indicates that he hasn't had an easy time over the recent past.

The thing that helps Manny bounce back is the fact that he is such a dedicated team player/leader and will work hard to contribute vs just being happy to be there. He looked more confident and he had some jump last night...good to see. Was also very solid on f/o's and we all know his importance in that aspect of things.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#19 CanucksCouchCoach

CanucksCouchCoach

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

99% of the people that write on these blogs would have packed it in and collected disability after suffering an injury like Malhotra did. His heart and determination is inspiring. I hope that after Henrik hands the cup to Daniel it gets handed to Malhotra.

#20 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Henrik
Kesler
Hodgson
Pahlsson
Malhotra
Lapierre
Ebbett
Reinprecht
Schroeder
Bitz (playing centre with the wolves right now)

Seriously, it's no Crosby-Malkin-Staal, but this has got to be one of the deepest rosters for centres.

#21 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

I thought you were referring to something in his back. I'm glad his back is fine, I was worried he hurt it or something. Your title is very misleading, the use of apostrophies changes your intent.

#22 iamspuzzum

iamspuzzum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Things take time to adjust. Just look at Mattias Ohlund. He had issues as well.. and possibly still does.

Edited by iamspuzzum, 29 March 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#23 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I thought this was a thread about his back...

:picard:

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#24 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Lappy and Manny are both 3rd line players playing fourth line

#25 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,896 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

I freaking love depth <3

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.