The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

400 Consecutive Sellouts

CoreyPerry

Congrats to the canucks organization for achieving this milestone, only red sox and dallas mavs are ahead of us currently. The colorado Avalanche is the current NHL record holder for longest consecutive sellouts with 487. I have a question though, people on twitter were like putting this in quotations like the canucks sellout "record" that ended a few years ago. I dont understand what that means, did somewhere we not sellout and organization maybe bought tickets or something like that?? just curious thanks.

It's a "record" because there will always be some sort of cooperation willing to buy tickets, probably long-term, which technically means they were sold by the organization even though it was more of a mass scale compared to individual tix/packages

My take on it at least.

Still impressive with the crazy ticket prices..

Congrats to the canucks organization for achieving this milestone, only red sox and dallas mavs are ahead of us currently. The colorado Avalanche is the current NHL record holder for longest consecutive sellouts with 487. I have a question though, people on twitter were like putting this in quotations like the canucks sellout "record" that ended a few years ago. I dont understand what that means, did somewhere we not sellout and organization maybe bought tickets or something like that?? just curious thanks.

Sellouts? Why so many empty seats? Ive been to 12 games this season since december when i moved here. I have sat all over the arena, moving a few times. The game vs columbus there were 6 empty seats in area. it sells out up top for sure, but down below. Man why buy seasons tickets if your not going to use them!

Sell out? There always tonnes of empty seats. Ive been to 12 games since december and there are always tonnes of seats. Ive sat everywhere down in the lower bowl. Ive moved a few times. Game vs la. I sat behind Quick for malhotras goal front row. I was banging on the glass. The ownerof the seats came 10 mins late..i dont understand why peopel buy seats dont show up or show up late. Then prices rise and the common poor person cant go. Sell out? Thanks super rich for wasting your money and jacking up prices.

Sell out? There always tonnes of empty seats. Ive been to 12 games since december and there are always tonnes of seats. Ive sat everywhere down in the lower bowl. Ive moved a few times. Game vs la. I sat behind Quick for malhotras goal front row. I was banging on the glass. The ownerof the seats came 10 mins late..i dont understand why peopel buy seats dont show up or show up late. Then prices rise and the common poor person cant go. Sell out? Thanks super rich for wasting your money and jacking up prices.

Any tickets left are purchased by the club itself thus "papering" the number.Attendance is very high and for most games it is a true sell out but not all of them.

Not big on giving credit to a coporate entity for draining my wallet.

Let's keep the negativity out of this thread. We have a thread complaining and whining about the crowd every week. And you're being incredibly naive if you think this is the only place where management buys tickets or where there's empty seats. Happens in every arena in the NHL, even Toronto. And those tickets would be snapped up in a minute but a lot of the people (suits) don't show up. For having the second highest ticket prices in the league and still having a full house every night is remarkable.

I think it's a great milestone. Something to be proud of for sure. The growth of the Canucks in this province has been great to watch over the last 10 years or so.

• 2 weeks later...

"And you're being incredibly naive if you think this is the only place where management buys tickets or where there's empty seats. Happens in every arena in the NHL, even Toronto. "

I don't recall anyone saying only the nucks do this.

Archived