The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Year's Playoffs Will Be The Defining Moment Of Luongo's Career

Sia

Winning the longest game in Canuck history vs Dallas.. Round One, Game One of the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs, 4th overtime. That was probably Lou's "best" performance in his NHL career.

As for waiving his no trade clause if they lose this year... I'd bet he'd be begging to get away from all the damn boo-birds. Wouldn't blame him in the least.

To: op,

create a vote list, let see what fans are voting for...

Basically, Lui is top 5 goalie in the league (regular season) no question about it.

in play off, eh... in Chicago or Boston... killing him brutally.

I hope he can stand up in this year's playoff. However, I also want Schneider play some games in opponent's arena.

By the way, it is also AV's final year for us, GM, or owner to decide keep him or fire him....

hes alreaddy proved himself get ogg his case. took us to game 7 of cup finals. he stole plenty playoff games for us last year. we had no business being in game 7 against boston way we were playing defensively and offensively, w/o luongo that series would have been over in 4. people put too much pressure on luongo, hes THE best goalie canucks have EVER had, once hes gone and does huge things for another team, im betting alot of lou haters will regret trading him. you dont appreciate something you have until its gone

With the mentality of a lot of the fans, even if we do win the cup they will say it was despite his performance and that he has did it with an elite team in front of him. And if he loses, it will be his fault and he let his team down.

Even last years Final, even if he did choke in the away games, he stole the games at home for us. What game did his team steal for him? Not one game in the finals did his team bail him out. We had no business even making it to game seven without him. Yet fans here still put the blame squarely on his shoulders.

Look at Game 7 versus Chicago last year. He nearly got a shutout and got scored on with less than 2 minutes left when his team was on the power play. Chicago had no business even being on the offense yet they were and scores. Fans on here use that to say that we almost lost because of him even though he was named the second star of the game and ended the game with a 97 save percentage.

I actually feel sorry for him with how this city treats him sometimes and I do think he deserves better.

These playoffs change nothing for him. Its a team game. Win as a team lose as a team. Aside from Daniel being sidelined right now I think we are a fairly healthy team. Knock on wood. Even Salo is still in the line up. Is this a record amount of games for him? From what I've seen thus far the Canucks have been playing with in themselves and staying with there system. There really has been no need to go to that extra gear that they will frequent in the playoffs. Healthy forwards + depth and size waiting... healthy defense with well Alberts and Ballard waiting :picard: and a couple great goalies playing well. I think Canucks have as good a chance as any. What more can you ask for?

We got 2 solid goaltenders who can fill in for each other whenever. Our defence has stopped making bad/hesitant pinches that lead to the odd man rushes, so now we just gotta get the top 2 offensive lines rolling. The 3rd and 4th lines are making sure they get pucks to the net, and they're putting up the points when our top 2 lines are sleeping.

The best TEAM wins the cup, not the best individual.

I wouldn't say Hall of Fame class.. More like Mike Vernon, Tom Barrasso, Mike Richter class.. Good goalies who are always steady in the regular season, and have at least 1 cup. Not quite hall of fame, but will always be remembered as a solid, winning, good goaltender

Seems like this questions gets asked before every playoffs since the loss to Chicago in the 2009 playoffs.......

2010 playoffs was supposed to be the defining moment in Luongo's career.

Then 2011 playoffs was supposed to be the defining moment in Luongo's career.

But here comes 2012 and now it is supposed to be it...

I guess we can safely assume that 2013 is going to be it if Canucks don't win this year

In my book, Lou is a very good goalie , Schneider is a good goalie.

We will win or lose in the playoffs as a team.

the real question is , will Lou be the weakest link, I do not think so. Not all goals scored against are the fault of the goalie!!

We all know lou can steal us a few wins, and thats the most I expect !!

Honestly I think luongo's at the point where he's numb to all the backlash and hate, he's approached interviews a lot differently then before...I want him to succeed i really do but as you said this WILL be the year that will define his career. Fingers crossed mates!...and also it could be worse just look at my display pic :bigblush:

Honestly I think luongo's at the point where he's numb to all the backlash and hate, he's approached interviews a lot differently then before...I want him to succeed i really do but as you said this WILL be the year that will define his career. Fingers crossed mates!...and also it could be worse just look at my display pic :bigblush:

Archived