The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Latest Straightjab (Nhl Discipline - D. Sedin)

OFFSIDEsports

nicely done. That was my first thought after listening to Hank's post game interview after Chicago: that the twins were absolutely fed up with the league's BS "game management" style of officiating. I'm not saying there is a conspiracy against the Canucks, but there is no question in my mind that games are not reffed at a consistent standard, rather, they are managed in a fashion to provide a close game and maximize entertainment for fans. (of both teams)

Sadly, you've hit the mark and that glazed look that Daniel had.

This league has learned nothing since 2004 and the fact that there are "repeat offenders" is proof of that. Zero tolerance means you don't tolerate repeat performances. Not that this applies in this case (Danny/Keith), but somehow it does in that the message still isn't strong and clear enough.

This one disturbs me because it's someone who's never played that kind of game who's been subjected to it. Just plain wrong.

Well done, sir.

Fantastic art work!

I reiterate my proposal; one for one. for every game that a player misses as a result of blatant intent to injure the offending player misses an equal amount of games and his salary is donated to a charity of the injured players choice. If the league is serious about taking serious injury (including Raymonds broken back) out of the game, a paltry 5 game suspension for Keith at this juncture of the season doesn't cut it. This is simply a good rest for him before the playoffs begin. If Shanny was serious, he would have suspended him the first 5 games of the playoffs.

And yes, this would be directed at Bertuzzi and at Matt Cooke. The message needs to be clear. This is entertainment, not at the cost of life changing injuries.

Fantastic art work!

I reiterate my proposal; one for one. for every game that a player misses as a result of blatant intent to injure the offending player misses an equal amount of games and his salary is donated to a charity of the injured players choice. If the league is serious about taking serious injury (including Raymonds broken back) out of the game, a paltry 5 game suspension for Keith at this juncture of the season doesn't cut it. This is simply a good rest for him before the playoffs begin. If Shanny was serious, he would have suspended him the first 5 games of the playoffs.

And yes, this would be directed at Bertuzzi and at Matt Cooke. The message needs to be clear. This is entertainment, not at the cost of life changing injuries.

I like it. I just hope "Fragile" is referring to the head and not the player. With all the abuse the Sedins have taken over the years they have proven they are not fragile. Just wish they didn't always turn the other cheek. Or, even better, if they had some teammates that would actually come to the aid of a couple Art Ross winners. Kassian, Weise, Bitz, Alberts ANYONE!!!!

Good comic.

I remember seeing a comic in one of the newspapers, it was Bettman standing in front of a New Orleans Saint player and saying "That'll be two minutes"

It really is a joke how light the NHL punishments are for these things. The Players union should make this a top priority in their negotiations. Honestly I would suffer through another lockout if they came back the year after a safer and more respectful league. Do it for the players, it's their careers and their health on the line.

Fantastic art work!

Archived