The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chimera Hit On Mcquaid

Lychees

The hit looks bad, but Chimera was flying and had McQuaid lined up. McQuaid shouldn't have turned into the boards. Players going in deep along the boards to get the puck should expect to get hammered. How many times are players going to turn their back to the play? Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

I don't think Chimera should be suspended, maybe a fine at most. He was just forechecking hard and McQuaid turned his back at the very last second. Chimera was already right on top of him when McQuaid turned and had almost no time to react. And I'm not saying this because I hate the Bruins. McQuaid should have looked over his shoulder before he got to the puck, that way he would have seen Chimera coming and braced himself for the hit.

I don't even know if you can call that charging as usually forechecking forwards are coming in with speed anyways.

I don't think Chimera should be suspended, maybe a fine at most. He was just forechecking hard and McQuaid turned his back at the very last second. Chimera was already right on top of him when McQuaid turned and had almost no time to react. And I'm not saying this because I hate the Bruins. McQuaid should have looked over his shoulder before he got to the puck, that way he would have seen Chimera coming and braced himself for the hit.

I don't even know if you can call that charging as usually forechecking forwards are coming in with speed anyways.

Archived