The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Recchi Has Something To Say About The Canucks.... Again

Believe-in-blue23

Recchi thinks Canucks can grow from Cup loss

Retired NHLer and Kamloops product Mark Recchi, whose criticism of the Canucks last year made him persona non grata among some hockey fans in his home province, pushed a little praise towards the Vancouver team on Toronto radio Thursday morning.

In November, five months after his Boston Bruins’ defeated the Canucks in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final at Rogers Arena, Recchi told Boston radio that “(In) 22 years they are the most arrogant team I played against and the most hated team I’ve ever played against.”

But Thursday, during an appearance on Sportsnet 590 The Fan’s Brady and Lang show, Recchi had only positive things to say about the “hated” Vancouver side when he was asked if the Canucks could learn from their defeat – much like the young and immature Oilers did when they were swept by the New York Islanders in the 1983 final.

“Absolutely they can. When you go through a series like that and you get to that point, you learn and grow from it absolutely as a player,” Recchi told host Greg Brady. “They have a good coach who will help guide them in that direction as well … prod them and guide them. They are a great hockey team. They got deep again and added good pieces at the deadline. I like what they did.”

“They have an opportunity to go far and if they keep getting goaltending like they’ve gotten the last two nights they are going to be a team that is really tough on that (west) side.”

Recchi also said the talent-laden but still goal-starved Los Angeles Kings could be a dangerous team if they manage to qualify for the Stanley Cup playoffs.

“They are going to be a team that I would hate to play in the first round,” he said. “They are tight defensively, they added (Jeff) Carter and they have great goaltending.”

Watch the full interview here: RECC

I can't wait to see how CDC flames him for this. Good for him.

If Toronto went to the finals next year (not saying they will), not many on here could find it within themselves to genuinely compliment them.

Don't say Recchi is saying this because of ulterior motives (unless you wear a tinfoil hat that is, then go ahead and say anything you want!).

I still don't put much into what he says but it says good things about him that he can recognize growth and change.

If Toronto went to the finals next year (not saying they will), not many on here could find it within themselves to genuinely compliment them.

Don't say Recchi is saying this because of ulterior motives (unless you wear a tinfoil hat that is, then go ahead and say anything you want!).

I still don't put much into what he says but it says good things about him that he can recognize growth and change.

callling out the other team Arrogant, accusation's of players faking injuries, no, I don't care. You live by your words. He's the only player in the history of the game, to win the cup, and call the other team, they just beat in the cup finals, Arrogant. He can suck it. What he said we all know. We know our team can go deep, and we know L.A is scary as hell.

Archived