Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Daniel Sedin "should" Be Ready For Round 1 [Article]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#61 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,692 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Gillis knows next to squat about concussions.

Commenting with no knowledge or experience himself is useless.

Wishful thinking.

But he happens to be the GM, and he probably is getting daily updates from the medical staff. So just maybe the medical staff is letting him know? Thanks for coming out.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#62 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

:towel:

Great news!!!!

Can someone help me jog my memory........

When Daniel was out before didn't it take a good 6 or 7 games for Henrik to get going with the scoring?
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#63 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

http://forum.canucks...ound-1-article/

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#64 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

Oh thank the lord.

Gillis knows next to squat about concussions.

Commenting with no knowledge or experience himself is useless.

Wishful thinking.

Don't you think that before addressing the media about this sort of thing, he would have heard from not only Daniel himself, but as well as the medical staff? He's not an idiot.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#65 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

:towel:

Great news!!!!

Can someone help me jog my memory........

When Daniel was out before didn't it take a good 6 or 7 games for Henrik to get going with the scoring?
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#66 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

With are full lineup ready for playoffs the Nucks will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs... Bring on the cup!
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#67 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Don't you think that before addressing the media about this sort of thing, he would have heard from not only Daniel himself, but as well as the medical staff? He's not an idiot.

He's not an idiot.He is just stating wishful thinking thoughts.
This is the manager of the team that let Raymond skate off the ice and Daniel play the next shift after taking a head shot.
Asking a concussed player how he feels and then stating said concussed player will hopefully be playing in the first round is hopeful at best and silly in the least.

Edited by nuck nit, 30 March 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#68 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

But he happens to be the GM, and he probably is getting daily updates from the medical staff. So just maybe the medical staff is letting him know? Thanks for coming out.

Another concussion expert speaking squat.

#69 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

So what I get out of this is that Daniel Sedin never really was injured as badly as he looked to be. They're just making sure he's rested for the playoffs. B)

Sig too big. 

#70 Northern

Northern

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

This is the manager of the team that let Raymond skate off the ice and Daniel play the next shift after taking a head shot.
Asking a concussed player how he feels and then stating said concussed player will hopefully be playing in the first round is hopeful at best and silly in the least.

Dear Mr nuck nitwit

I was not aware that the GM called the games. Thanks for that info. Also, im sure thats all the info he has regarding Sedin's injury. " Hey Danny, how you feeling? Good? Oh thats great. I'll pass that on to the media"

I appreciate your insight though.

#71 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

C'mon Ghostsof1915, Nuck nit knows all. I mean he's world renowned, if you want concussion information on a Canuck player who do you go to, Canuck GM Mike Gillis? Of course not you nitwit, nuck nit is the world authority on this stuff.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#72 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,583 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

OK, can exhale now....

Better be a zero tolerance, both by his teammates AND the refs, with regard to taking any runs/cheap shots at him. Brad Marshrat, I'm looking at you...

Posted Image

#73 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

You obviously have no idea how hockey works. The manager of a team has no say who plays certain shifts during a game or who should or shouldn't be allowed to still play hockey during said game. That decision is made by the coaching staff and by trainers.

If you would have ever played competitive sports you would understand that some concussions can be fairly accurately assesed as to their timeline of recovery and some general predictions can be made. Not every concussion is an unknown with widely ranging symptoms and up and down days. Most are you get hit in the head it takes several days for the swelling to go down. A couple days to feel good again and you're ready to go.

Finally, MG has been entrenched in the hockey world for 20+ years at the NHL level. I think he knows a thing or two about concussions. What about you?

Edited by Dogbyte, 30 March 2012 - 08:17 AM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#74 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Another concussion expert speaking squat.

and you are?

#75 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

I have been on this board for over 5 years now and yet I still find myself wondering "why does every damn thread on here end up in an argument?!?" I visit other team's boards now and then and I never hear them bicker as much as we do. No wonder 60% of the other team's have threads about disdain for our fans. We cannot even get along with each other.

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

#76 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

hopefully not game 4 of the first round

Posted Image

#77 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

Not celebrating just yet, there always seems to be complications with concussions

#78 nuxforever

nuxforever

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Made my morning
Posted Image

waiting for the day to hear the announcer say........"As the clock winds down. They have done it! Ladies and Gentleman, Your Vancouver Canucks are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

#79 linden16kesler17

linden16kesler17

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

I just hope whenever he does get back that the knock to the head hasn't knocked off the twin-ism, the twin magic or whatever we call it.

#80 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

I really hope that the Canucks are just milking this because they don't want to make it look like they were lying about Daniels injury to the NHL when they were deciding on the disciPline.

Hopefully he recovers fully and never has problems like this again. If he comes back for game 1, Rogers arena better go off the charts loud with noise. There will be a lot of emotion in the building and hopefully that rallies the team and they come Out hitting everything in site. Lapierre will beast with hits and I think kassian will feed off of that and the crowd and also hit like crazy.

#81 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'll be relieved when he dresses for his next game. Anything up until then is just speculation as concussions are so unpredictable. Still, favorable news is better than none, or bad news.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

View Postbahkwan, on 03 December 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#82 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Seemed to be more of a positive comment and hopeful wishing than "news" of his return, though.

#83 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

It is wishful thinking.

Gillis,having never had a concussion knows only what he is being told.

It is a quote,a sound bite,an answer to a question in vague,hopeful terms

The Nucks medical staff and especially Gillisare like the rest of humanity that have not suffered concussions or even a single concussion.

The replies/comments here on this serious medical issue range from somewhat knowledgeable and very thoughtful to accusatorial ignorance.

And yes,I do know somewhat that of which Dan is going through as I have had not one but multiple concussions at various times in my life and of varying degrees of severity.

Pray the concussion is not in any way hampering his cognitive skills or abilities.

This is an injury that is deadly serious and being 'hopeful' is in no way a forecast of any merit,whatsoever.

Ballard,Booth,Hamhuis and now Daniel.These guys are all playing a super high intensity sport at breakneck speed and are only one potential hit away from retirement-or worse.

Edited by nuck nit, 30 March 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#84 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

I sure hope so! *fingers crossed* But I also hope he doesn't feel pressured to come back before he's fully healed and ready. He's an awesome player who contributes so much to our team, but he has to keep being a husband, father, brother and son long after he stops being a hockey player so concern for that part of his life should come first.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#85 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

You obviously have no idea how hockey works. The manager of a team has no say who plays certain shifts during a game or who should or shouldn't be allowed to still play hockey during said game. That decision is made by the coaching staff and by trainers.

If you would have ever played competitive sports you would understand that some concussions can be fairly accurately assesed as to their timeline of recovery and some general predictions can be made. Not every concussion is an unknown with widely ranging symptoms and up and down days. Most are you get hit in the head it takes several days for the swelling to go down. A couple days to feel good again and you're ready to go.

Finally, MG has been entrenched in the hockey world for 20+ years at the NHL level. I think he knows a thing or two about concussions. What about you?

Dogbyte,you better stick with pucks n sticks.
You must have some idea how uneducated you are on the subject and yet you write in neurological soliloquys.
What prompts you to do such a thing?

Edited by nuck nit, 30 March 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#86 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

It is wishful thinking.

The Nucks medical staff   and especially Gillisare like the rest of humanity that have not suffered concussions or even a single concussion.

How do you know MG or his medical staff have NEVER sustained a concussion? You may want to take a look in the mirror because you are sounding an awful lot like the pot calling the tea kettle black here. You make a "couple" valid points, but the rest just seem like personal opinion.

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

#87 NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Probably a weight off Keith's shoulders.
Go Canucks Go!!!

#88 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

It is wishful thinking.

The Nucks medical staff and especially Gillisare like the rest of humanity that have not suffered concussions or even a single concussion.

The replies/comments here on this serious medical issue range from somewhat knowledgeable and very thoughtful to accusatorial ignorance.

And yes,I do know somewhat that of which Dan is going through as I have had not one but multiple concussions at various times in my life and of varying degrees of severity.

Pray the concussion is not in any way hampering his cognitive skills or abilities.

This is an injury that is deadly serious and being 'hopeful' is in no way a forecast of any merit,whatsoever.

Ballard,Booth,Hamhuis and now Daniel.These guys are all playing a super high intensity sport at breakneck speed and are only one potential hit away from retirement-or worse.

So let me get this straight. A surgeon should only perform surgery if he's had the same surgery? A psychiatrist should only asses people with mental problems if they have had the same mental problems?

The medical staff is educated on how to deal with injuries. Just because you had a concussion does not suddenly make you more knowledgeable than people who have been trained extensively to do their jobs properly.

To have a member of CDC claim to know better than people working in the organization with full disclosure of what is actually happening is laughable. They get feedback from the player and do the best they can with the information at hand. But to go on a forum and insult the GM and medical staff just because you had a concussion before is incredibly condescending to professionals in their field.

You may be right, you may be wrong but your delivery of your statements is what makes your argument seem immature.

Edited by DooBie604, 30 March 2012 - 12:13 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.