The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Line Up Jordan Schroeder To Fill Gap Left By Hodgson

elvis15

lol @ callups Bitz and Reinprecht being 'out with the flu' for three weeks down the stretch.

In Schroeder i see a similar player to Raymond or a poor man's Darren Helm... Speedy. Defensively responsible. Can be knocked off the puck fairly easily.

If he blossoms into an offensive star at the NHL level, then that'll be nice. We'll see.

TOML

38 points in 67 games?

Hodgson was already doing that at the NHL level, is Schroder expected to replace Hodgsons eventual projected production? (70-80 points per season was what Ive heard)

If he brings intangables instead then youre not replacing anything, its like replacing an apple with an orange.

38 points in 67 games?

Hodgson was already doing that at the NHL level, is Schroder expected to replace Hodgsons eventual projected production? (70-80 points per season was what Ive heard)

If he brings intangables instead then youre not replacing anything, its like replacing an apple with an orange.

We dont need Schroeder this year, more playing time in the ahl playoffs will do him a world of good. Next year maybe as he could possibly go head to head with raymond for the last spot on the team.

Sedins Burrows

Schroeder Kesler Booth

Higgins Pahlsson Hansen

Malhotra Lappierre Kassian

Schroeder definitely would slide in to the roster and play Raymond's role. Given Schroeder was our first rounder, who was ranked higher than Hodgson, I think it's not a baseless observation that Schroeder was supposed to supplant Raymond, not Hodgson. But hey, if you think Raymond will be a better player than Schroeder, then all the power to ya.

I was listening to 1040 today, and I heard Craig MacTavish saying that Jordan Schroeder has been playing really good for the Wolves. When asked, CM said that Schroeder can play in traffic and can bring the puck out with him. MacTavish says that his potential is limitless right now ( which meant to me that he is steadily improving), but says he will do better with a couple of big wingers, when he comes up. At 5'8" that won't be hard! LOL....I know he means real big!

He also said that Lack will have no problem playing in the NHL next season. He also said that KC had been a nice suprise and is playing great. Can't remember much more than that, but kind of confirms what everyone has been saying. Hmmm, I wonder id Kassian would like playing with him?

Did anyone else hear the interview?

Archived