Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Canucks Line Up Jordan Schroeder To Fill Gap Left By Hodgson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Agreed,however,if any team falters in November and December then March and April don't mean much.

I would love to see Stamkos and St. Louis play every night in a meaningless game rather than 1-0 win by an elite club like the Nucks or a 1-0 loss by the Ducks.

I like open,free wheeling hockey with lots of goals and endless opportunities to score.

There is enough defense in the playoffs to fill my boots.

True. I really enjoyed the Dallas game last Friday. The crowd gets into it more when there are a few more goals.I don't mind the odd 1-0 game but I don't want it served up every night.
Posted Image

#62 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

It is when it is game #65 in the regular season.

Playoffs haven't begun yet on my tv.Maybe you got one of those new fangled ones?

Note the date of the post - March 31st - and 3 games left in the season - 9 when this recent shutdown winning streak started.

Nope - no fancy tv - maybe your calendar is broken...

And forget the context - the Canucks have been playing with half of their top 6 d out of the lineup - their forwards have been playing shutdown hockey to support the two rookies in the lineup - they are getting their team d game in order for the playoffs - as is absolutely necessary. If you need to see goals so badly, watch a Leafs game.

#63 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,080 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Cody Hodgson #19 - C/RW
Buffalo

DOB: 1990/02/18
POB: Toronto, Ont, Canada
Height: 6-0 Weight: 185lbs
Shoots: R
NHL Seasons: 1
Drafted by Vancouver in 2008 (1/10).

Jordan Schroeder #40 - C/RW
Vancouver

DOB: 1990/09/29
POB: Burnsville, MN
Height: 5-8 Weight: 175lbs
Shoots: R
NHL Seasons: 0
Drafted by Vancouver in 2009 (1/22).

Jordan Schroeder's stats as a 21 year old:

AHL: 69gp 19g 21a 40pts +6

Cody Hodgson's stats as a 21 year old:

AHL: 52gp 17G 13A 30pts -12 (projected 22.55g 17.25a 39.8pts -16 over Schroeder's 69gp)
NHL 8gp 1g 1a 2pts +1

Not so far off, is it now?

No - and a few positive differences.... +18 differential - and a much bettter skater who has more grit than his frame would indicate. Like Hodgson, will need some strong wingers, as MacT noted....
Nice to hear that he and Connauton are playing so well.

#64 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,903 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

I could see him as a 3rd line center, but he's not at Pahlsson's defensive level just yet. He could play Higgins' role certainly with Hansen on the other wing and learn from any of our three defensive centermen while providing speed an offence.

In future though, I could see him between Jensen and Kassian, but that wouldn't be an NHL 3rd line on our team while they're learning, and once they've developed they'll be too good for that role.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.