The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] - Nux 5-2 Stars

Jaimito

Oh I didn't know being a canuck fan for 30 years means you have to think Luongo is a better goalie than Schneider and/or the best goalie in the world...that you can have your own opinion unless its contrary to yours or self appointed 'real fans'...

I get it now your highness..I see we all have to agree with blind people...

ok sir...you're right sir, Luongo is better sir, his stats are better sir, i'm sorry sir you're right sir...

LMAO!!!

Solid game by the Nucks, first one in a while and the timing couldn't be better.

Schneider was absolutely amazing in net, Dallas must be getting sick of this guy by now haha.

Henrik, Higgins, Hansen, MAG, Pahlsson, Tanev, Hammer, Alberts and of course Lappy played very solid hockey this evening. Congrats boys, you continue to play like that and playoff success becomes all the more likely.

solid win. not to bring back the luongo conversation but i really don't understand how people can say he would have lost. there is just no way to know if he would have won or not. it would have been a completely different game. unless you throw a really crappy goalie in there (i'm talking bad in the AHL), there is just no way to know how the game would have gone. so saying he would have lost with any kind of certainty is preposterous (just as saying he would have won is). seems like asinine debate since there is no reasonable way to forecast how this game would have gone, particularly in a league where anyone can be anyone on any given night.

anyone notice the crowd after the 3rd goal? (10 second mark on video below) jeez getting a 2 goal cushion at the end of the 2nd is just about as big a goal you can get and these people can't even get off their arses. am i missing something here? obviously most people got up, but i mean you can count like 20 people just sitting (even with people standing in front of them). my god alberts just scored, show some enthusiasm.

solid win. not to bring back the luongo conversation but i really don't understand how people can say he would have lost. there is just no way to know if he would have won or not. it would have been a completely different game. unless you throw a really crappy goalie in there (i'm talking bad in the AHL), there is just no way to know how the game would have gone. so saying he would have lost with any kind of certainty is preposterous (just as saying he would have won is). seems like asinine debate since there is no reasonable way to forecast how this game would have gone, particularly in a league where anyone can be anyone on any given night.

anyone notice the crowd after the 3rd goal? (10 second mark on video below) jeez getting a 2 goal cushion at the end of the 2nd is just about as big a goal you can get and these people can't even get off their arses. am i missing something here? obviously most people got up, but i mean you can count like 20 people just sitting (even with people standing in front of them). my god alberts just scored, show some enthusiasm.

Last nights game was so similar to last years playoffs against Boston. Dallas was outplaying us very badly,and against the flow Higgins scores a pretty weak goal to give us the lead, They were outplayed us again in the 2nd and their goalie let in 2 goals in about 5 minutes and they were down 3-1 to a goalie playing lights out.

It is a stupid thing to say Lou would have lost us the game to be sure because he has played very well the last couple weeks, but to think that if he did play and let in 1 early on and Dallas had a 1-0 lead that the game would have been completly different is also just as wrong because as someone else said that Lou would have needed to let in 6 goals for us to lose is just a dumb thing to say because if Dallas had the lead and momentum who knows what the score could have been. Could have been 5-0 Canucks or 3-2 Dallas or any other score.

Defensive play in the first was terrible as was the pp. Again, Schnieds holds the fort, allows the team to find itself, some HUGE saves. Lou would have lost...kid is proving he's the one to go with in the Cup run, going to be a contraversy by the end of it....Even the commentators in the break were saying its not such an easy decision who to keep, and these guys are 'hockey guys' ...

Regardless, great to see them find some goals, Higgy stays Jiggy, Henrik finding his game, love that MayRay was going to try the lacrosse move at the end, shows he's gaining some confidence...

All in all a good 40 mins, 20 mins not so much, but its pretty hard to beat a brick wall....Kid is unbelievable

This guy is obviously infatuated with Schneider, and he has good cause to be the way Schneider has played IN A BACKUP ROLE this season. What I have a problem with is his disrespect for Luongo. This guy must not be old enough to remember who helped turn a struggling Canucks team around by giving them the elite goaltending they always needed. The team has been surging steadily in each of the 6 years that Lu has been on it. The team got to game 7 of the SCF last year and are looking to challenge for the cup again. Lu has been solid again this year after his usual slow start and had just a short slump at a time when the whole team slumped.

This guy probably doesn't realize Lu is second in all-time wins among active NHL goalies, second only to Brodeur. His career save % (since this guy loves stats) is .919, among the best all-time. His current save % is .920. That's consistency.

Schneider is great, but we've seen hot young goalies before that didn't go on to an elite level. He may or may not ever match Lu's career achievements. But right now, I'd rather go with the proven product who has played under the most intense pressure situations and is still on top of his game. And Lu deserves a lot more respect than he gets here on his own team's boards.

Defensive play in the first was terrible as was the pp. Again, Schnieds holds the fort, allows the team to find itself, some HUGE saves. Lou would have lost...kid is proving he's the one to go with in the Cup run, going to be a contraversy by the end of it....Even the commentators in the break were saying its not such an easy decision who to keep, and these guys are 'hockey guys' ...

Regardless, great to see them find some goals, Higgy stays Jiggy, Henrik finding his game, love that MayRay was going to try the lacrosse move at the end, shows he's gaining some confidence...

All in all a good 40 mins, 20 mins not so much, but its pretty hard to beat a brick wall....Kid is unbelievable

Archived