Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Pgt] - Nux 5-2 Stars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
191 replies to this topic

#181 kazoosoup

kazoosoup

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

So why is AV splitting the Lapierre, Sedin, and Burrows line?

Stanley Cup 2015 Champions
The Vancouver Canucks

#182 iamacanuck15

iamacanuck15

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

I LOVE LOU
I LOVE LOU
I LOVE LOU
I LOVE LOU
I LOVE LOU

Are you really at least 30?

I WANTA LOU HuGGY Bear...anyone know where to get one? How about a Lou soother? Underoos?

Posted Image

#183 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

well, if we meet the stars in the first round, i wont be worried:O)
great game by our boys tonight, good time to get our scoring touch back and finally get a PPG.

You can view all of my CDC artwork in this thread:

http://forum.canucks...f-toni-zamboni/

Follow me on Twitter:  @Toni_Zamboni

#184 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

A late post, but if you watch carefully; Kassian skates really hard in the first couple of seconds of his shift, but looks out of breath and careless for the rest of it. You see it when he's cycling the puck, he just stands behind the net holding the puck while leaning on the glass... He's not nhl ready just yet, but hopefully over the summer he can condition himself and come back with better endurance and size.
That way, we can see the true player he really is.
This isn't uncommon, when I was a fan of Lucic I noticed the same thing when he first came to the NHL.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#185 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'd prefer he goes to the Lightning.I'd like 2 see him and Matty Ohlund as teammates.

Fair enough. What would you want from them in return?

#186 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Lou is starting game 1 of the playoffs. That's pretty much a guarantee. If he stumbles we have a great backup to go in and play well. When or if Schneids stumbles then Lou goes back in. I don't see why people have to argue over the two I personally think this is an amazing thing to have for any team heading into the playoffs

Edited by rkoshack, 31 March 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#187 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

man gotta love higgins. this is the depth scoring we were missing last year. Now we know our team can step up and produce even when the sedins arent at their best.

Edited by one-x, 31 March 2012 - 10:37 AM.

tumblr_m8tr8mGRkW1rdrug2o1_400.jpg    tumblr_ncj1ajVA7j1tb6rtvo2_250.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#188 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm guessing Ebett, who scored 40 something in 50 something games with Selanne a cpl years back, will step in and play some top 6 minutes; with probably Kass in the press box against Calgary.

Lappy did look very good eh! But valuable in his role with Manny, getting the puck out of our end also...

So why is AV splitting the Lapierre, Sedin, and Burrows line?

#189 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,280 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

man gotta love higgins. this is the depth scoring we were missing last year. Now we know our team can step up and produce even when the sedins arent at their best.

well, he was on the team post trade deadline last yr. the depth scoring this year is getting booth, and improved play of hansen and coho. after coho left, they lost that a bit. lost of samuelsson affects scoring depth too.
Posted Image

#190 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

A late post, but if you watch carefully; Kassian skates really hard in the first couple of seconds of his shift, but looks out of breath and careless for the rest of it. You see it when he's cycling the puck, he just stands behind the net holding the puck while leaning on the glass... He's not nhl ready just yet, but hopefully over the summer he can condition himself and come back with better endurance and size.
That way, we can see the true player he really is.
This isn't uncommon, when I was a fan of Lucic I noticed the same thing when he first came to the NHL.

Funny you say this because it is exactly what I was thinking, that Kass definitely doesn't have the physical conditioning of the rest of the team.

#191 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,280 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

Lou is starting game 1 of the playoffs. That's pretty much a guarantee. If he stumbles we have a great backup to go in and play well. When or if Schneids stumbles then Lou goes back in. I don't see why people have to argue over the two I personally think this is an amazing thing to have for any team heading into the playoffs

goal tending is not an issue nux have this yr. both goalies gained much experience to handle pressure since last yr. lui with 15 wins in playoffs, cory had his first playoff start, and played substantially more games this yr.

health and special teams are a concern come playoffs. dan, juice, ballard, rome are still out. when they get back soon, they will be rusty. Getting by first round will be tougher than expected.
Posted Image

#192 binderdonedat

binderdonedat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Dude's been banned, TheCammer, can you say "Hallelujah"? We don't have to read anymore of his BS. ;)

Yeah he was tanked yesterday. Knucklehead was private messaging people (me included) with some of the most ridiculous and childish rants I think I've read in quite a while. I've got a 12 year old son with more maturity than he had. Hilarious that dude was talking about being a 30 year Canuck fan when his posts and attitude shows there's little chance he was much more than 14 years old.

You know, that poster reminds me of why my theory still holds strong... Theory: Every kid needs a proper beat down at some point in Junior or high school, a real solid, completely embarrassing a$$ whooping.... if only so they might learn the concept of respect before the real world swallows them whole.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.