The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Max Lapierre Appreciation Thread

LuongoSweep

He's one of the few guys on this team that makes the effort to hit EVERYONE. He rarely takes stupid penalties and often trolls opposing players into taking them. He is very responsible in the faceoff circle and in his own zone. Lappy doesn't score a lot of goals, but the few he does get usually leave a lasting impression. Most importantly, he stands up for his teammates.

Cheers #40, I hope you stay a Canuck for years to come.

Well said...not much to add that hasn't already been said. He brings an energy to the team and I see the same sort of traits that I see in Burr - hard work in any given situation, skates hard, hits, ALWAYS has his teammate's backs, etc. What's not to love?

I've appreciated Max's game since the first day he donned the blue and green.

Hustle, heart, hits, has some size, and speed and puts in a full effort every night. Plus, he'll hit the score sheet now and then.

Absolutely a great pick up by MG last year (as was Higgins and Paulsson this year)

Max defines "depth"

Lappy is a beast. He finishes his checks and can score important goals in times of crisis. i.e. he scored the only goal in game 5 in the Stanley Cup playoffs 2011. IMO he was a absolute steal. BTW I LOVE HIS TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:bigblush:

Your timing is inherently bad .. do you intentionally come on here and try to intentionally act the "douche", or is it mere happenstance?? inquiring minds are desperate to know .. a team is made up of so many disparate parts .. and when the run to the Cup starts, guys like Lappy are invaluable .. I am not sure I will ever consider anything you say ever again as anything other than "crap" .. perspective is everything .. strive,dude .. STRIVE .. :picard:

In a other topic I atcually voted for him being the unsung hero. Lapierre was a hard missing piece in the Canucks lineups, we needed a guy who would standup for his teammates and could play physical offense hockey.

Whenever something happened to a teammate, and Lapierre is on the ice, he is always the first to get in there and do something about it. Same thing with Weise, and hopefully Kassian in the future.

I have watched Lapierre quite closely this season as he was one of my favorite players from last years playoff run. And despite some people (tas) saying that he was MIA for 60 games this season, nothing really could be farther from the truth.

Only in a handful of games can I recall Max being a negative factor on the ice and when you don't notice your 4th line players...that is generally a good thing. Leading team in hits, kills penalties with the tenacity of a bulldog and is willing to get in the face of anybody in the League, what's not to like?

Really hoping Max is a Canuck for the foreseable future.

Once again guys like tearloch try to look intelligent, but end up giving the impression they are the idiot in the crowd. Lappy is one of the hardest working Canucks and has been all season long. His worth is only amplified when the team is playing well as a whole. Hansen, Higgins, Lapierre,Burrows and Kassian are all players who can play up and down the lineup.

Anyone agree that he should stay on the first, esp. if the Kass Project doesn't work out in the short term? Max's only 1" shorter and 7 lbs lighter than Kass, he's got speed, he can hit, has grit, can fight when it's called for, plus he's clutch and he's even got a decent shot (see that snipe job he did on Lehtonen yesterday?), can score some dirty but timely goals (youtube with the Habs and even last post season) and he's definitely got positioning and smarts (trolls aren't dumb okay ::D)

he is a great player i was pumped to see him get to play top line with burrows (those two play with more heart then most teams combined)

just hope he knows that he got a good thing going here and wants to stay for a cheap price.. if he didn't come to Van who knows if he would even be in the NHL right now. deff turned his game around in a big way, same with higgy.

Archived