The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Max Lapierre Appreciation Thread

LuongoSweep

Well okay, not any team, but most teams. He has great puck possession because of his size, he's got hard forecheck and is liable defensively (making him an effective two-way centre), decent at draws, and makes great passes.

All for pretty much peanuts; this, along with Pahlsson, are some of the best acquisitions MG has made, imo.

Great pick up by MG. Higgins as well. Perhaps Kassian will eventually get the message and see how he should be playing. Think Kass has a ton of upside - and will be much better next year - but he needs to start finishing his checks. Max never turns away from a check...never.

He's young (think 26?) and I'm sure MG will ensure he sticks around with this club for many years to come!

+1 to Maxamillion for tonight's game!

Well okay, not any team, but most teams. He has great puck possession because of his size, he's got hard forecheck and is liable defensively (making him an effective two-way centre), decent at draws, and makes great passes.

All for pretty much peanuts; this, along with Pahlsson, are some of the best acquisitions MG has made, imo.

Lapierre is definitely a player that stands out when he is on the ice. Similar to Higgins, he is a player who plays his heart out every game putting all his effort into his hits, fore-check and puck possession. Hope to see him in a Canucks uniform for the years to come.

did you guys miss the 60 or so games this year where max was a total non-factor? don't get me wrong, i'm a lapierre fan and i appreciate what he brings to the table, generally, but let's be serious here.

LOL at people thinking Lapierre is a legitimate top 6 forward.

The guy is an ideal bottom 6 guy, someone who can step in when needed, and only that. He barely brings any offense to any line, but he does get the puck with his excellent forecheck. He's definitely one of the best 4th liners in the whole entire league, and he definitely can be a 3rd liner. (As we saw during last years playoffs)

He will never ever be a regular top 6 forward though. Even now, he's only there cause Danny's injured.

Archived