The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It Will Be Better To Finish 2Nd In The West

alexkidd

theres threads on this

but for the sake of arguement - going against nashville/detroit winner isn't a bad thing... thats going to be a violent series, and i don't expect the winner to come out without injury problems... at the very least the skill players will be banged up

With the standings being the gong show they are, it is in the Canucks best interest to finish 2nd. If we finish 1st and LA manages to beat Chicago we are stuck playing the winner of Detroit / Nashville. If we finish 2nd we would play LA. This is assuming we get out of the 1st round.

no matter who we play against as long as the attitude of the players is winning and not looking for an "easier" opponent, we will do fine in the playoffs. besides, even a "weak" team in the playoffs can make the upset, in the playoffs all teams are in equal footing except in home advantage.

i rather play to win than play for positioning to get an "easier" team.

Winning is always better than losing and being first overall is better than second or third. Furthermore, in the second round, I want us to play Chicago, who will take the winner of the Pacific division. Facing them will get us fired up and into payback mode, which might finally give us the killer instinct we haven't always had in the playoffs. Taking them out authoritatively would still be good for us mentally, even after slaying the dragon last year. And physically, I don't think they'd be as much of a challenge as Nashville or Detroit.

With the standings being the gong show they are, it is in the Canucks best interest to finish 2nd. If we finish 1st and LA manages to beat Chicago we are stuck playing the winner of Detroit / Nashville. If we finish 2nd we would play LA. This is assuming we get out of the 1st round.

The thing is, I have a strong feeling that the 6th place seed will knock off the the 3rd seed no matter which team it is because those are weaker teams and there's some strong teams at the bottom.

That means in the second round, the 1st place team would get the 6th place team and avoid either Detroit or Nashville.

Archived