The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boohoomeester

That emotion looks good on him after all that hype b4 the phlegms inked him to that massive contract. Have fun lowering your handicap this summer ,and fighting for scraps at the northwest div doghouse for years to come. Long live our humble players and their depth friendly contracts.

Not sure what emotion you are referring to OP? Was he crying after the game? I personally don't dislike him - it's just obvious that he isn't able to live up to his contract.

I thought Calgary played a strong game tonight. As much as I have always loved watching the Canucks beat them, the pleasure in this victory was solely due to the fact it put the Nucks back in first. I could not stand the Flames for a long, long time, but they were a dirty, clutch and grab team before the rule changes, whereas now I think they play the game the right way, and have a lot of class acts wearing their uniform. I hope they don't blow it up, but make the necessary moves - Bouwmeester's $6.7 cap hit probably has to be first priority.

Given how stacked those Flames teams were in the 80's, i'm surprised they only have one cup, to be honest. But i guess they weren't gift-wrapped a Gretzky.

Hey... Remember the 80's? The A-Team. Mullets. Wang Chung. And Alberta hockey dominance.

Jay Bouwmeester is quite possibly the easiest 'number 1' defenseman to score on in the entire NHL. But Phaneuf is right there as well. Meh.

TOML

Bouwmeester wasn't crying. He is just awkward during interviews. Have you heard him in an interview previously? I remember when he signed with Calgary and they had that big press conference. It was painful to watch and listen. He wasn't happy but he wasn't crying ether. He is just socially awkward or super shy.

The ONLY two Flames I would want on our team is Iginla and Cammelari (sp?).

I wouldn't even take Kipper. He's not as good as Schneider.

Backlund? Granlund?

Most of our healthy scratches would be in the middle of their line-up.

Jay Bo isn't a bad defenseman - just overpaid. Saying he sucks is like saying "Brian Campbell sucks" last year.

I think Jay is stagnating on that team. A younger, faster team would suit his strengths far more.

If he really wants to be part of a winner in the near future, he should waive his no-trade to go to the Islanders. They would actually trade for him (since they have had so much trouble attracting a free agent defenseman). And with a young, skilled team, and Streit paired with him, I think they'd be a playoff team as early as next season.

Archived