The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Or Should Av Automatically Put Daniel Back On The 1St Line When He Comes Back?

MJDDawg

You guys are retarded.

Lets put Daniel Sedin, the best finisher on the team and a really good passer with two people that wont give him the puck.

No we need to put Kesler and Booth with people who can't score to make three scoring lines because when they get the puck they don't give it up.

Putting Booth with the Sedins should have been tried some time during the season, adding speed might make them try to make plays off of the rush instead of just cycling and Booth would not puckhog on the first line.

We should keep the new 1st line together for now and Danny goes onto the second. If 1st line starts to run dry the put Danny back on it. If the second stays invisible then we go back to the original sedin triplet line and reunite the amex line. Put lappy on the third because he always seems to work well with jannik. Both can hit and are hard on the puck.

i like this suggestion too, as we have seen pretty good play from that line, but;

i think this teams chances as a real threat in the playoffs hinge on the sedins playing up to their potential. if we are in a position where the best option is seemingly their seperation we may be in trouble. i'm not underestimating the depth of this team, or the ability of role players to make big-time contributions, but we're going to need the twins to be a force on the ice night in - night out in the later rounds if we're going to match up against the top level competition.

throughout their careers they've been at their best as a unit. if by some chance this has changed and they become consistently productive as individual focal points on seperate lines i'll gladly stand corrected. i suppose the main, and obvious point, is we need them in top form.

Not really a new suggestion as I and many others have proposed this before and got flamed.

I have always liked the idea of spiltting the Sedins to balance the toughness and scoring throughout the lineup. I think this is a way of countering the teams that have figured out how to neutralize the Sedin cycle (Boston and Chicago).

Anyways, AV has a pleasent problem on his hands....how to utilize all the weapons at his disposal.

Was Mancari left out on purpose or is he injured?

Lineup :

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Kesler/Booth/Higgins

Pahlsson/Burrows/Hansen

Malhotra/Lapierre/Raymond(or someone else)

That in my mind is the forward lineup that will win the Stanley Cup for the Canucks this year.

Why has Vigneault not tried Kassian up with the Sedins for a few games yet? That is beyond my understanding... hopefully come playoff time, Kassian will be put up with the Sedins...

GO CANUCKS GO!

You guys are retarded.

Lets put Daniel Sedin, the best finisher on the team and a really good passer with two people that wont give him the puck.

No we need to put Kesler and Booth with people who can't score to make three scoring lines because when they get the puck they don't give it up.

Putting Booth with the Sedins should have been tried some time during the season, adding speed might make them try to make plays off of the rush instead of just cycling and Booth would not puckhog on the first line.

I liked Bitz on the first line with Danny/Hank? (and we were on a win streak, first overall then as well)

Maybe not all the time, but against big D line-ups like Nashville, nasty forward line ups like Boston...

A week ago this would have been a stupid question, but I really like the make up of the first line with Hank, Lappy and Burr right now. While they haven't been lights out, Burr and Lappy seem to have woken Hank from his slumber and he looks like he has quite a bit more energy suddenly.

I really like the look of our third line now heading into the playoffs. With Lappy on the "first" line, our fourth line has looked better and been more involved lately as well. Kass had his best game in a while last night in my view.

So when Daniel is ready, is it automatic that AV puts him back with Hank and Burr?

Would or should AV even consider putting him on the second line with Kes and Booth or MayRay to help that line get going?

So heading into the playoffs:

Lappy Hank Burr

Daniel Kes Booth/MayRay

Higgy Pahlsson Hansen

Kassian Malhotra Weise/Pinizzotto/Volpatti/Ebbett

Best argument I've seen yet for splitting the Twins...

They have been effective together in the past but not in recent history. What I notice with Danny out is Hank isn't always looking for Danny to pass to but to whichever Canuck happens to be open. THis is why he is having so much success lately. Hank is so good at seeing the ice and protecting the puck, other teams can't possibly cover everyone so they focus on Danny knowing that is who Hank is looking for.

2 of Hank's assists in the last 2 games came off passes to the trailing defenceman (ALberts and Gragnani). These are guys Hank would normally overlook or pass up instead trying to force a cross-ice pass to Danny or pass behind the net for the cycle.

I say give it a bit more time and Danny on the second can only increase the effectiveness of Booth and Kesler. Nothing stopping AV from putting the twins together later but boy, would this make it hard on opposing teams to shut down our top 6!!

You guys are retarded.

Uhm; Kassian has not played that well. You can see the athleticism, last game we had some energy, but as a whole he just has not deserved any prime time opportunities.

All of those on the Kass bandwagon; you will be surprised to see AV pop him in the press box for 30 to 50% of play off games! But you should not be...

Lineup :

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Kesler/Booth/Higgins

Pahlsson/Burrows/Hansen

Malhotra/Lapierre/Raymond(or someone else)

That in my mind is the forward lineup that will win the Stanley Cup for the Canucks this year.

Why has Vigneault not tried Kassian up with the Sedins for a few games yet? That is beyond my understanding... hopefully come playoff time, Kassian will be put up with the Sedins...

GO CANUCKS GO!

I dont expect lapierre to produce every game but if he can generate some space and protect henrik sedin then why not. If hank plays with dan and burr they will get pushed around agains but if u have hank with lappy and burr no one will know who to attack because lapierre turns in to the tasmanian devil in the playoffs when burrows is also a beast and both these guys can keep Hank positive. We will be a much tougher team besides in my opinion obviously lappy has the ability to play with the higher lines so why not? http://www.cbc.ca/sp.../#id=2217978557

If the top line keeps clicking, I would leave it together when Daniel comes back. Henrik plays noticeably different without his brother. He holds onto the puck longer, tries to do more and makes plays to everyone. Usually he's only looking to pass to Daniel. Right now he is more of a well-rounded player. That's a good thing. It allows him to use all of his considerable skill with the puck, rather than just blind passes to Daniel.

Of course, we do miss out the on the magic only the Sedins together can provide, but their is nothing stopping AV from re-uniting the twins at any point.

Playoff Lines:

Burrows - Henrik - Lapierre

Daniel - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian

Burrows and Lapierre are there to make room for Henrik. Retrieve the puck, forecheck, give to Henrik, create space and get to the net. The 2nd line has a nice mix with Daniel. He's the team's 2nd best passer next to Henrik and can be the playmaker Kesler and Booth so desperately need. 3rd line has been fantastic. Leave it. Raymond gives the 4th line some speed and offense, coupled with Kassian's size. Manny and Raymond are solid defensively. This 4th line should be able to destroy other team's plugs.

Uhm; Kassian has not played that well. You can see the athleticism, last game we had some energy, but as a whole he just has not deserved any prime time opportunities.

All of those on the Kass bandwagon; you will be surprised to see AV pop him in the press box for 30 to 50% of play off games! But you should not be...

Yes, but keep Lappy on that line. Need to keep riding the hot hand. Maybe rotate Burrows and Lappy on the top line RW spot.

Below is my oppinion of what the lines should be when Daniel comes back (start of playoffs)

LW-----------C-------------RW

Daniel-----Henrik-------Lappy

Booth------Kesler-------Higgins

Burrows--Paulsson----Hansen

Ebbett-----Malhotra----Kassian

Higgins needs to be put back on the 2nd line, he is the most effective on that line and he also makes Booth and Kesler more effective at the same time.

You guys are retarded.

Archived