The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Or Should Av Automatically Put Daniel Back On The 1St Line When He Comes Back?

MJDDawg

A week ago this would have been a stupid question, but I really like the make up of the first line with Hank, Lappy and Burr right now. While they haven't been lights out, Burr and Lappy seem to have woken Hank from his slumber and he looks like he has quite a bit more energy suddenly.

I really like the look of our third line now heading into the playoffs. With Lappy on the "first" line, our fourth line has looked better and been more involved lately as well. Kass had his best game in a while last night in my view.

So when Daniel is ready, is it automatic that AV puts him back with Hank and Burr?

Would or should AV even consider putting him on the second line with Kes and Booth or MayRay to help that line get going?

So heading into the playoffs:

Lappy Hank Burr

Daniel Kes Booth/MayRay

Higgy Pahlsson Hansen

Kassian Malhotra Weise/Pinizzotto/Volpatti/Ebbett

i like the suggestion...

except sedin kesler raymond is a terrible lineup... why would you take booth off the second??? every game i notice his speed and willingness to fight for the puck in tough areas.

i think the press box is the best line for raymond when daniel returns.

I don't know what they're going to do with the lineup when (if) they call up Reinprecht and Bitz for the playoffs.

DSedin-HSedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Lapierre-Malhotra-Ebbett

Bitz/Reinprecht/Raymond/Weise

^^That's not a suggested lineup, just illustrating a point. Who's gonna fit where?

i like the suggestion...

except sedin kesler raymond is a terrible lineup... why would you take booth off the second??? every game i notice his speed and willingness to fight for the puck in tough areas.

i think the press box is the best line for raymond when daniel returns.

may be that's what the second line needs to get them productive, another Sedin on their line

so yeah i would try Danny on the second with Kes & Booth (Raymond in the press box) that is when Danny comes back and if the first line of Burr, Hank, Lappy is still as exciting as they have been

i would not mess with the third line right now as I love what I'm seeing from Higgy, Hansen and Pahlsson

as for the 4th line, AV has lots of choices with the return of Ebbett

Is Pinnizzotto also ready to come back ? I hear that Volpatti might be able to return soon ?

That would be great as it would give us a FULL HEALTHY roster if Ballard, Daniel and Bieksa are coming back too.

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot::emot-parrot:

There are much bigger conundrums in Canuckland today than where to play Daniel on his return. Today the Rangers play the Bruins. Now if our boys are to have a shot at rolling into 1st overall, they find themeselves in a position where they might actually appreciate help from the likes of Boston.

What a revoltin' development this is!

SO MUCH DEPTH

H. Sedin

D. Sedin

Kesler

Booth

Burrows

Higgins

Hansen

Raymond

Pahlsson

Lapierre

Kassian

Malhotra

Ebbett

Bitz

Volpatti ?

Reinprecht

Weise

That would be my depth chart. So much depth compared to last year.

Last year:

H. Sedin

D. Sedin

Kesler

Burrows

Samuelsson

Raymond

Malhotra

Torres

Hansen

Lapierre

Higgins

Glass

Bolduc

Oreskovich

Hodgson

Tambellini

A week ago this would have been a stupid question, but I really like the make up of the first line with Hank, Lappy and Burr right now. While they haven't been lights out, Burr and Lappy seem to have woken Hank from his slumber and he looks like he has quite a bit more energy suddenly.

I really like the look of our third line now heading into the playoffs. With Lappy on the "first" line, our fourth line has looked better and been more involved lately as well. Kass had his best game in a while last night in my view.

So when Daniel is ready, is it automatic that AV puts him back with Hank and Burr?

Would or should AV even consider putting him on the second line with Kes and Booth or MayRay to help that line get going?

So heading into the playoffs:

Lappy Hank Burr

Daniel Kes Booth/MayRay

Higgy Pahlsson Hansen

Kassian Malhotra Weise/Pinizzotto/Volpatti/Ebbett

i like this suggestion too, as we have seen pretty good play from that line, but;

i think this teams chances as a real threat in the playoffs hinge on the sedins playing up to their potential. if we are in a position where the best option is seemingly their seperation we may be in trouble. i'm not underestimating the depth of this team, or the ability of role players to make big-time contributions, but we're going to need the twins to be a force on the ice night in - night out in the later rounds if we're going to match up against the top level competition.

throughout their careers they've been at their best as a unit. if by some chance this has changed and they become consistently productive as individual focal points on seperate lines i'll gladly stand corrected. i suppose the main, and obvious point, is we need them in top form.

Splitting up the twins will give us three scoring lines as opposing coaches won't know which line to shut down.

Pittsburgh has had Crosby on the third line since he came back. Puff points against third-pair defenders is a great way to light 'em up. Can't do that unless you have three scoring lines. Cheers.

TOML

Well Daniel can make plays like a playmaker would... And if Daniel can return to play one game before the playoffs.....

Burr - Hank - Lappy

Dan - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Kassian - Manny - Ebbett Or Kassian - Ebbett - Blitz

I dont expect lapierre to produce every game but if he can generate some space and protect henrik sedin then why not. If hank plays with dan and burr they will get pushed around agains but if u have hank with lappy and burr no one will know who to attack because lapierre turns in to the tasmanian devil in the playoffs when burrows is also a beast and both these guys can keep Hank positive. We will be a much tougher team besides in my opinion obviously lappy has the ability to play with the higher lines so why not? http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynightincanada/closeup/video/#id=2217978557

Lapierre will not see time with the first line once we have danny back. He is playing there now because these games don't matter. In the playoffs if Danny can't go, I could see ebbett moving up to play second line and raymond or booth moving up to first

I don't think it would be a bad idea to start there. With the Sedins still together on the 1st unit. May Ray has gone back into his 'slump'.

Lapierre - Henrik - Burrows

Daniel - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Reinprecht - Malhotra - Kassian

Can always switch it back to normal if it starts badly. Honestly Daniel is probably the best passer/playmaker able to play LW for Kes and Booth who some nights look like they sorely need one.

Archived