The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Or Should Av Automatically Put Daniel Back On The 1St Line When He Comes Back?

MJDDawg

Daniel a great playmaker, he's put up 50 plus assists 3 times & 60+ assists once. Booth and Kesler need a playmaker.

Daniel often gets labeled as a finisher, but that's just because that's the role he's stuck with as Henrik's linemate. With two finishers, you can bet Daniel would be able to make plays almost as awesome as Henrik can.

Bitz & the Sedins was a horrible experiment, besides the three points Bitz got, the line sustained absolutely no pressure and showed little chemistry. Bitz getting those 3 points and saying he was complimenting the Sedins is like saying Jeff Cowan is a sniper. He got lucky on a line that was due for some points.

Kass COULD work out with the Sedins and I agree that they could use a bigger body who can bring a physical game, but AV's strategy to give younger/unproven players easy minutes until the minutes look too easy for said player is a pretty good one - look at Schneider, Hodgson, Tanev and even Kesler & Burrows. It also shows players that you have to earn your spot. Right now, it is hard to tell whether Kassian is being held on a short leash or if he is just plain inconsistent (not unexpected for a young player (rookie)). Last year Cody didn't get a sniff in the playoffs in the top-6 and I wouldn't be surprised if Kassian hardly gets one unless he turns into Steve Downie circa last year for Tampa.

With Lappy showing some chemistry with Hank, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the first one called upon to protect the Sedins in the case that they are getting shoved around.

knock on wood...heres hoping danny makes it back for the playoffs, period.

if he does, i expect him him to be with his bro and it will be business as usual....but obviously if its not clicking, AV, knows he has lots of options to mix things up and still get great results.

sedin-sedin-lappy

booth-kes-burr

higgy-pahly-hanny

ebbett-manny-kass

or swap ebbett and lappy at times or.. or.. or.....its so nice to have depth and so many options....im sure burr will be one of av's first choices to be with the sedins when danny is back as well.

I'm for Danny on the 2nd line when he's back; he and Hank have been playing together for way too long, if they'll just be cycling it I'd rather both of them make more dynamic plays with different guys

agreed with

Burr - Hank - Lapierre

(Gritty guys w/ good shots playing w/ one of the league's best setup men-- never thought I'd see this for 1st line, but it works!)

Danny - Kes - Booth (Danny can pass and also play with two other physical guys with skill, esp. when things get dirty out there)

Higgins - PaHlsson - Hansen (another Jack of all trades line)

Bitz - Malhotra - Kassian (STEP AWAY FROM THE PUCK! Manny can beat you on the draw, and if you touch the puck the wingers can break the glass on you-- throw in one tough Oreo cookie and we're really good to go!)

//Ebbett, Raymond, Weise, Schroeder?

i like this suggestion too, as we have seen pretty good play from that line, but;

i think this teams chances as a real threat in the playoffs hinge on the sedins playing up to their potential. if we are in a position where the best option is seemingly their seperation we may be in trouble. i'm not underestimating the depth of this team, or the ability of role players to make big-time contributions, but we're going to need the twins to be a force on the ice night in - night out in the later rounds if we're going to match up against the top level competition.

throughout their careers they've been at their best as a unit. if by some chance this has changed and they become consistently productive as individual focal points on seperate lines i'll gladly stand corrected. i suppose the main, and obvious point, is we need them in top form.

I'm for Danny on the 2nd line when he's back; he and Hank have been playing together for way too long, if they'll just be cycling it I'd rather both of them make more dynamic plays with different guys

agreed with

Burr - Hank - Lapierre

(Gritty guys w/ good shots playing w/ one of the league's best setup men-- never thought I'd see this for 1st line, but it works!)

Danny - Kes - Booth (Danny can pass and also play with two other physical guys with skill, esp. when things get dirty out there)

Higgins - PaHlsson - Hansen (another Jack of all trades line)

Bitz - Malhotra - Kassian (STEP AWAY FROM THE PUCK! Manny can beat you on the draw, and if you touch the puck the wingers can break the glass on you-- throw in one tough Oreo cookie and we're really good to go!)

//Ebbett, Raymond, Weise, Schroeder?

"Uhm", are you stupid? Clearly you haven't been watching the games. You see my friend, do you not remember when Vigneault put Bitz up with the Sedins that one game and he scored a goal and an assist?

We NEED that power forward in Kassian complementing two of the best finesse players in the world in the Sedins. And you never know unless you try, so why not give it a shot? Did you not see what happened last year in the playoffs when the Sedins were getting pushed around?

I just don't get how some Canucks fans like yourself are so ignorant and blatantly blind in not seeing the potential of Kassian with the Sedins. Also, don't assume I'm a "Kass bandwagon fan" buddy, because I'm not, I just know potential when I see it, unlike you. I won't be "surprised" because Kassian being put up in the press box won't happen.

I never said said Bitz complemented the Sedins, I said a power forward, next time read what I post and try to understand better. And don't even try to compare Cody Hodgson to Kassian, they're two completely different players, and Kassian has a solid fourth line position secured already and possibly higher if he gets the chance, especially with the Sedins, he needs a few GAMES, not a few SHIFTS with the Sedins and you'll never know unless you try it out. Kassian hasn't been sent down to the minors yet has he, and he isn't going to. He has proven himself already with his secure fourth line play.

Lapierre will not see time with the first line once we have danny back. He is playing there now because these games don't matter. In the playoffs if Danny can't go, I could see ebbett moving up to play second line and raymond or booth moving up to first

,,,or maybe the 5th :bigblush:

He is once again becoming a perimeter player that falls down and can't seem to handle the puck. Ebbett was more effective his first game back after being off for 3 months.

Sorry to say it but Mason is a depth player in playoff hockey, not a top 6 starter.

Wouldn't mind seeing it. Would definitely give us more offensive depth throughout our lines, and I think Henrik and Daniel together has become more one dimensional. Could still put them on the same line for PP opportunities.

Archived