Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Would Or Should Av Automatically Put Daniel Back On The 1St Line When He Comes Back?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#91 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Noticed nobody mentioned these lines.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen
Raymond/others-Malhotra-Kassian

I would also have no issue with burrows and lap swaping spots, lap might have trouble playing left wing, i cant recall.

Higgins is the only guy that has made the second line effective, even burrows looked bad playing on that line.

Canucks will seriously need to consider moving kesler to the wing on off season. Nobody except higgins has played well lately with him.

And before someone mentions burrows and kes used to play great together, yes they used to, but the last couple years we jugled the lines burrows went from a passing line to a line that does not pass, and has not played well with him.

#92 binderdonedat

binderdonedat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I have news for you and the rest of the Canucks fanbase that think this way.It's a stupid question. Last week, last month, last year, the year before and for the next few years, it's a stupid question. Daniel & Henrik are the 2 best Canucks, period. They are great together. Breaking up two people who do what they do is idiotic.So yeah, stupid question. Only Canucks fans would think of breaking up the Sedins and leaving Lapierre on the top line.

In FTW as the most ridiculous thing I've read on CDC so far today.

The only stupidity I see in this thread is when users like you interject unsubstantiated opinions that my 6 year old nephew normally resorts to when he fights over Lego toys. And the only "news" you're giving me (and 'the rest of the Canucks fan-base' :rolleyes:) is that we need to ignore your opinion, since it contains nothing but sand-kicking and childish declarations. "Stupid"? "Idiotic"? Yeah... ummm... Cool story bro.

How about you allow us to bask in this secret sea of profundity you seem to have at your disposal, that reasonable and fact-based arguments are suddenly just STUPID and IDIOTIC. Reading through this thread I've seen quite of few intellectually sound opinions, good arguments made for both cases, most of which is based around offensive strategies regarding assets the Canucks have at their disposal. All quite appropriate. At the very least there seems to be quite a bit of on-topic, contextual debating about our team's strengths and weaknesses. On the other hand there's you swooping in here and declaring everyone "stupid idiots" with no corroborating argument for why that is the case, other than 'just because I said so'.

And then of course, there's this: "Daniel & Henrik are the 2 best Canucks". Way to be Captain Obvious. Plenty of us stupid folk have already established that fact, oh mighty Socrates. That they are the 2 best Canucks is NOT a sound reason they NEED to be on the same line all the time. Not at all. In fact that's actually a perfectly legitimate argument for why they could/should be split up occasionally to help the Canucks in many different ways.

Just one more thing, oh great Yoda. "Only Canucks fans would think of this?" First off, what the f**k does that even mean, and secondly, what's that make you, a NON Canuck fan? I digress. That could be the only point where you might be right, because any team playing us wouldn't want to ever see Daniel and Henrik split up over 2 lines, ever. It would cause them nightmares and PTSD.

Edited by binderdonedat, 03 April 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#93 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

^^^Very well said!!

And a +1 for being the first on these forums that I've seen use the word profundity correctly. :towel:

Edited by MJDDawg, 02 April 2012 - 07:43 PM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#94 binderdonedat

binderdonedat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Noticed nobody mentioned these lines.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen
Raymond/others-Malhotra-Kassian

I would also have no issue with burrows and lap swaping spots, lap might have trouble playing left wing, i cant recall.

Higgins is the only guy that has made the second line effective, even burrows looked bad playing on that line.

Canucks will seriously need to consider moving kesler to the wing on off season. Nobody except higgins has played well lately with him.

And before someone mentions burrows and kes used to play great together, yes they used to, but the last couple years we jugled the lines burrows went from a passing line to a line that does not pass, and has not played well with him.

Like you said about Burrows, I really think his time with the Sedins should be over. Laps is doing his thing with Henrik now and we'd do best not to eff that up. And really, even if both Sedins are line #1 again, Burrows is better served elsewhere, while Lapierre is more a grinder and physical presence for the twins to utilize. I also think that touching Higgins line at all is a mistake - at least until it stops producing. Lately that line has been the one clicking most consistently, grinding hard and scoring goals when they're needed.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.