The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible 1St Round Opponent

Arm_chair_GM

Thornton may be a pest, but he is tough enough to handle himself in all situation with his size and strength. You can't say the same about Hank and Danny. Winchester got one punched by Volpatti but you know that was like a one time thing and Volpatti isn't even going to be in our lineup....Murray is as big and as tough as they come. SJ is BIG and TOUGH, maybe not to the extend of the BIG, BAD Bruins, but they certainly have more size and toughness than we can handle in the playoffs....Also, they will for sure look for a revenge after last season! So please, no Sharks in the first round!!!!!!!!

I think we'd beat any of those teams.

We are 3-0-1 against San Jose, and I would take that match up any day.

Dallas could be a good series, and I think they are the most dangerous.

Phoenix would be boring, and yeah they might frustrate us, but we're the better team.

Colorado would be a rough series, but a short one.

We've got another gear, and you'll see that in game 3 of round 1. By we I mean Kesler has another gear. He'll turn beast mode on again. We'll need it to get through Nashville.

Stars or Sharks.

I don't want to face Quick or Smith. (I don't even want to think about Elliot/Halak)

I know some stats mean less than others, but the Stars have a goal differential of -4 this year, so I nominate them to help us get back into the swing of things.

Stars or Sharks.

I don't want to face Quick or Smith. (I don't even want to think about Elliot/Halak)

I know some stats mean less than others, but the Stars have a goal differential of -4 this year, so I nominate them to help us get back into the swing of things.

So LA wins today, widening their gap of the Pacific Division a little bit... But still. I don't remember when I've seen 4 of the 5 teams in a division all with a realistic chance of claiming the division title with only 2-3 games left in the season.

Look at the standings:

Kings - 80 GP, 40 W, 93 PTS

Coyotes - 79 GP, 39 W, 91 PTS

Sharks - 79 GP, 40 W, 90 PTS

Stars - 79 GP, 42 W, 89 PTS

Pretty amazing it's that close between four teams in one division...Technically I believe, any of those four teams can still take the division title, though it's a slim shot for Dallas, especially since SJ and LA play each other twice so someonehas to take those points with them into the division. But Dallas has the edge in wins if it comes to a tiebreaker. Should be an interesting race.

However, I'd say we have a high probability of facing either Phoenix or San Jose in the first round.

It really doesn't matter who the Canucks would play in the first round if they keep playing the way they have been in their last ten games. After watching the hockey games on the tube for the past three evenings, as well as the first period of the Phx Vrs Stl game that is on now, the Canucks will be out of it in four games.

I am not sure what has happened to this team; however, they are nothing more than a middle of the standings team that has lost their will to win. Last night's game in Calgary was an absolute pathetic game on the part of the Canucks. They had absolutley zero intensity, kept up their one handed pokes at the puck along the boards, lost every battle along the boards and did not win one race to the boards for the puck. Bieksa and Salo were almost useless and the offence was nothing more than semi pro skaters who were playing out of their league. Pretty passes, if they connect does not win hockey games nor will the Canucks unless a drastic transformation takes place within this team.

The way Phoenix is playing against the Blues right now, the Canucks will be out in four. The Canucks had speed, desire and drive last year. This year, they don't seem to have anything in the way of a playoff team.

Archived