Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arm_chair_GM

Possible 1St Round Opponent

104 posts in this topic

The remaining schedules of Dallas, SJ, Phoenix, LA:

Dallas-- SJ, NSH, STL

SJ-- Dallas, LA, LA

Phoenix-- CLS, STL, MIN

LA-- EDM, SJ, SJ

Phoenix and LA seem to have a easier schedule to get a playoff spot, and more likely to be our R-1 opponent.

at least dallas would be a little more exciting than the coyotes.

but at this point im just glad the playoffs are around the corner and im stoked to be watching the nucks bury anyone they come up against.

yayyyyyyy its almost playoff time, getting goosebumps just thinking about it!!

:towel::towel::towel:

Kassian, Bitz, Lapierre, Kesler, Burrows, Duco, Bieksa, Alberts, Rome, Ballard, all say HI back......

Also, take in to account that these teams are burning up some energy trying to get to the post season as well.

The remaining schedules of Dallas, SJ, Phoenix, LA:

Dallas-- SJ, NSH, STL

SJ-- Dallas, LA, LA

Phoenix-- CLS, STL, MIN

LA-- EDM, SJ, SJ

Phoenix and LA seem to have a easier schedule to get a playoff spot, and more likely to be our R-1 opponent.

1. LA

2. Phoenix

3. San Jose

4. Dallas

To the OP, like others are saying, you forgot about LA. I really hope the Canucks play the Kings as it would be the best series. It was a good one 2 years ago and I like the rivalry.

I'm more worried about the second round opponents. I think the boys will wrap up the series in 6 or less no matter who they face. This team is going to have a hard fought round to begin this play-off run. Stay healthy and hungry!!

at least dallas would be a little more exciting than the coyotes. but at this point im just glad the playoffs are around the corner and im stoked to be watching the nucks bury anyone they come up against. yayyyyyyy its almost playoff time, getting goosebumps just thinking about it!! :towel::towel::towel:

My only hope is that none of the actual canucks players think like the posters on this thread do.

Last thing we need is to assume any opponent is a pushover - that's the only danger of any of these teams in the 1st round.

looking at the standings its conceivable we have the exact same plyoff opponents as last year just in different order.

Clown, Winchester, Burns, Murray, Thornton, White, Winnik all say Hi......

And our toughest guy is.......Weise. lol

With LA and San Jose playing a Home and Home to end the season I believe it will be either 1 of those teams.  I think they both make it, and 1 team will end up 3rd and the other 8th.

I'd rather play San Jose.  Goaltending can steal a series, and Quick is a beast.  Also leave it to Darryl "sloth" Sutter to figure out a way to incorporate a quality trap system in a the post clutch and grab era.

LA is a very very scary team.  They are in a good position going into the playoffs, and haven't figured out a way to score more than 2 goals a game.  With their level of talent it is only a matter of time before they figure it out, and that time could be the playoffs.

So I hope LA finishes 3rd and face either the Wings or Hawks first round, so that one scary team gets eliminated 1st round.  And I would like to face San Jose because their Dcore and goaltending is suspect.

History has shown never take any opponent lightly. LA beating Gretzky (92 goal) and the Oilers in the First round.

Our Canucks finishing 39 points or something like that behind Calgary and ended up going the distance, Or the time the Canucks with a rookie Bure., After winning the division with ease that year. Faced a Winnipeg in the first round in which they had a pretty easy time with in the regular season all of a sudden the Canucks had to clawed their way out of a 3-1 situation to win the series in 7 games.

You know one thing in common with those lower seeded teams I just mention above. They all had a losing record and finished below .500 that year.

Doesn't matter who you play as long as we win . I'll keep saying it there are no easy opponents in the playoffs. Teams 1 thru 8 that makes the dance will have a record over.500 .Every team is going to amp it up abit come playoff time, Especially a lower seeded team facing a top seeded team.

Under no circumstance do I want the Kings in the first round. In fact, I'd be happier if they missed the playoffs altogether.

Most favorable dance partners for us (most to least):

Phoenix - Style less boring than LA, every game would be a home game, demoralized since waiting for Quebec move

Dallas - Weak D, style somewhat more open hence more suited for us

San Jose - makes for most entertaining series, BUT they could actually beat us IF they get goaltending

LA - ugliest thing on ice from entertainment standpoint, most chippy - potential for injuries, also big names may finally show up

Get ready for a 2nd round Chicago series again! 4 seasons in a row, dayamn!