The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible 1St Round Opponent

Arm_chair_GM

It really doesn't matter who the Canucks would play in the first round if they keep playing the way they have been in their last ten games. After watching the hockey games on the tube for the past three evenings, as well as the first period of the Phx Vrs Stl game that is on now, the Canucks will be out of it in four games.

I am not sure what has happened to this team; however, they are nothing more than a middle of the standings team that has lost their will to win. Last night's game in Calgary was an absolute pathetic game on the part of the Canucks. They had absolutley zero intensity, kept up their one handed pokes at the puck along the boards, lost every battle along the boards and did not win one race to the boards for the puck. Bieksa and Salo were almost useless and the offence was nothing more than semi pro skaters who were playing out of their league. Pretty passes, if they connect does not win hockey games nor will the Canucks unless a drastic transformation takes place within this team.

Guest Dasein

PROVIDED THAT WE FINISH #1 IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE:

PHX winning tonight means LAK is 7th and SJS is 8th.

LAK and SJS play against each other in the final game of the season.

If PHX loses in regulation or in OT against MIN and the game between LAK and SJS finishes in regulation, then we will face the loser of the LAK and SJS game.

If PHX loses in regulation and LAK loses in OT, then we will play PHX because LAK holds the tiebreaker.

If PHX loses in regulation and SJS loses in OT, then we will play SJS because PHX holds the tiebreaker.

If PHX loses in OT and SJS loses in OT, then we will play SJS (LAK is 3rd and PHX is 7th).

If PHX loses in OT and LAK loses in OT, then we will face LAK (PHX is 3rd and SJS is 7th).

If PHX wins in regulation or OT, then we will face whoever loses the game between SJS and LAK.

I THINK that's how it works :S

I think our best bet is SJS - and that's who I'd rather meet too. Both LAK and PHX have game-stealing calibre goaltending while SJS has a sieve in Niemi in net.

PROVIDED THAT WE FINISH #1 IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE:

PHX winning tonight means LAK is 7th and SJS is 8th.

LAK and SJS play against each other in the final game of the season.

If PHX loses in regulation or in OT against MIN and the game between LAK and SJS finishes in regulation, then we will face the loser of the LAK and SJS game.

If PHX loses in regulation and LAK loses in OT, then we will play PHX because LAK holds the tiebreaker.

If PHX loses in regulation and SJS loses in OT, then we will play SJS because PHX holds the tiebreaker.

If PHX loses in OT and SJS loses in OT, then we will play SJS (LAK is 3rd and PHX is 7th).

If PHX loses in OT and LAK loses in OT, then we will face LAK (PHX is 3rd and SJS is 7th).

If PHX wins in regulation or OT, then we will face whoever loses the game between SJS and LAK.

I THINK that's how it works :S

I think our best bet is SJS - and that's who I'd rather meet too. Both LAK and PHX have game-stealing calibre goaltending while SJS has a sieve in Niemi in net.

I'd also rather play SJS because first of all, that would be one hell of a series since it's a rematch of last year's WCF. The sharkies are also less bruising to play against (the Kings dish out more hits according to nhl.com) and Niemi is definitely easier to light up than Quick.

We could still play Phoenix, LA or SJ.

With the loss of the Blues Tonight to Phoenix, the Coyotes lead frogged to #3 in the conference and now the Canucks can win the West with 1 Point tommorow tonight or with a loss from St.Louis.

If the Canucks do hold on to first they will play the loser of the LA or SJ game.

If the Canucks finish first, it's impossible to play Phoenix in the first round because they have more ROW than both LA and SJS so the loser of the LAK/SJS game cannot pass Phoenix in the standings.

Archived