The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible 1St Round Opponent

Arm_chair_GM

As of right now, the only possible 1st round opponents are Phoenix, San Jose, Dallas or Colorado (as a long shot). Of these opponents, definately Colorado suits us the most due to our absolute dominance of their team. We've handled Dallas fairly well too, so that match up suits me fine. Of Phoenix or San Jose, I'm not too worried about either, but I think I'd prefer to take on San Jose. Generally SJ - Vancouver produce some exciting hockey to watch, and I think we'd dispatch them in 5 or 6. Phoenix makes me a little nervous because I think they can be stifling and I could see that turning into a frustrating, boring battle that doesn't bring out the best in us. So my ranking of preference for 1st round opponents goes like this:

1) Colorado (feint hope)

2) Dallas

3) San Jose (tougher team but most exciting series)

4) Phoenix

Thoughts?

You have to beat the best to be the best. There's never an easy run through the playoffs, and we certainly didn't have one last year. Don't really care who we get, as long as the boys show up and when they do, we know that they can beat anyone!

Besides, the chances of the Avs making the playoffs are very slim.

I think we'd beat any of those teams.

We are 3-0-1 against San Jose, and I would take that match up any day.

Dallas could be a good series, and I think they are the most dangerous.

Phoenix would be boring, and yeah they might frustrate us, but we're the better team.

Colorado would be a rough series, but a short one.

We've got another gear, and you'll see that in game 3 of round 1. By we I mean Kesler has another gear. He'll turn beast mode on again. We'll need it to get through Nashville.

Well I much rather have Phoenix or Dallas, than San Jose or Los Angelos thats for sure. But this Canucks team can play and beat everyone, thats the biggest difference with what it used to be a couple of years ago.

Atleast I'm not the only one that was trying to figure out why LA is not on the list. I dont see Colorado getting in, they need too much help, but it is still possible. That pacific division is gonna be a dog fight, 2 pts separates first from 4th, and atleast one of them will miss(2 if Colorado somehow lucks out and gets in)

Personally I'd like to see Phoenix in R1, but it really doesnt matter, you have to win 4 serries to hoist Lord Stanley, so you can't get caught up with R1 matchups, just try to win the presidents trophy and go from there

Archived