The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Off-Topic Members Disgust Me

Don't anyone dare be offensive towards gays, transgenders, blacks etc. here, but it's a free for all for attacking religious/beliefs people. Bunch of hypocrites. Probably think you're so intelligent coming here mocking religious people, and how you're so much better just because you're atheist or something. I am not a religous person myself, but some of the most upstanding people I know are good religious folks, you ignorant, hate spewing people. I have nothing against atheists that can argue logically without getting emotional, or still show respect to other peoples beliefs. THIS goes the same for religous people too. If you can't be an adult about it, keep your beliefs to yourself, everyone can have thier own beliefs, just don't try to shove them down my throat. This subforum for years has been populated with high and uppity, holier than thou members.

Although I agree with almost everything you said, you have to realize a lot of people who post here are under 17. Teenagers are not the most mature people in the world. You are taking what these people say to seriously. If they are getting to you, they win.

i totally agree with you

hardliners sucks in all cases..it doesnt matter if political or relgious or non religious

on the paper i´m a catholic... but i call myself atheist cuz i dont believe in this one god...so monotheism

i prefer polytheist religions though

i accept religious and political people if they accept my opinons

i hate extremists who try to oppress other people

Welcome to the Internet. Where people post what they are thinking. Interesting view of humans here as opposed to walking around and wondering what people are thinking. On the internet you can see what many actually think. For the most part I can agree that from what I have seen. People, in general, disgust me as well.

I agree. When people realize that a poster is defending religious people or IS a religious person - the claws come out, but nothing disrespectful can ever be said about those who aren't religious or any of the other things you mentioned. I don't ever post or personally feel ill of any religion, or colour, or sexual orientation but holy sh*t some people go freaking nuts with their biases on here. At the same time ...it IS the internet, what do you expect, really? ...Ignore, and live your life.

I used to be religious, then I became an atheist. Now I'm comfortably settled on not caring one way or the other. Life is so much easier this way.

That said... Internet Atheists are the most obnoxious people on CDC.

Christians are easy targets these days.. Western religion is the punchline to a joke that any idiot can make, so many idiots make it.

Don't anyone dare be offensive towards gays, transgenders, blacks etc. here, but it's a free for all for attacking religious/beliefs people. Bunch of hypocrites. Probably think you're so intelligent coming here mocking religious people, and how you're so much better just because you're atheist or something. I am not a religous person myself, but some of the most upstanding people I know are good religious folks, you ignorant, hate spewing people. I have nothing against atheists that can argue logically without getting emotional, or still show respect to other peoples beliefs. THIS goes the same for religous people too. If you can't be an adult about it, keep your beliefs to yourself, everyone can have thier own beliefs, just don't try to shove them down my throat. This subforum for years has been populated with high and uppity, holier than thou members.

Welcome to the Internet. Where people post what they are thinking. Interesting view of humans here as opposed to walking around and wondering what people are thinking. On the internet you can see what many actually think. For the most part I can agree that from what I have seen. People, in general, disgust me as well.

I love how the OP considered themselves oppressed merely because religion gets criticism on an internet board, but compares it to homosexuality and blacks which have a history of oppression and worse in North America. Grow some balls, if the worst you get is criticism, you're doing pretty well. Quit being a baby.

It really doesn't help your case to throw out a general, sweeping statement without providing topics that you are referencing.

Also: people are born black, gay, etc. but they're not born "religious" - it is a choice. While I agree and don't think that it's something worth targeting, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And the argument usually goes both ways. I can say that there is no "hate" spewing here because it isn't tolerated (or, as the case may be, missed). If you see hate spewing, rather than add to it by making a rather angry thread, report it.

FTR: there is a reason that topics that delve into religion end up closed and yes, OP, people do get inflammatory. We always look at the big picture here - if it's two sides "cramming it down each other's throats" (in any situation here) and both sides have heels dug in, arguing, then we only remove posts that directly violate the rules. You'll find most religious topics get shut down because they lead down this path.

Unfortunately, religion has always been a topic of contention as people have different beliefs. Again, if you see something that violates board rules you have nothing to complain about if you're not reporting it. We can't see everything...so the report button is in place FOR addressing these posts.

Kind off topic but...I find it very odd that on a NHL forum/site it's very much okay to insult (including false accusations/libel) hockey players, coaches, teams, GM's but rules are in place to stop this from happening to other posters.

Kind off topic but...I find it very odd that on a NHL forum/site it's very much okay to insult (including false accusations/libel) hockey players, coaches, teams, GM's but rules are in place to stop this from happening to other posters.

It really doesn't help your case to throw out a general, sweeping statement without providing topics that you are referencing.

Also: people are born black, gay, etc. but they're not born "religious" - it is a choice. While I agree and don't think that it's something worth targeting, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And the argument usually goes both ways. I can say that there is no "hate" spewing here because it isn't tolerated (or, as the case may be, missed). If you see hate spewing, rather than add to it by making a rather angry thread, report it.

Archived