The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kudos To Av

Boudrias

Through choice and necessity AV has been rationing out ice time in a very effective manner for the Canuck roster to be playoff ready. The 3rd and 4th line have had their minutes upped and the line shakeups have brought forth some interesting combos.

The last six games have really shown how deep the talent is on this club. While I still have concern about the d-core's ability against CUP contending offences the Canucks can overcome this by forwards coming back and their ability to play in the opposing zone. The combos AV is experimenting with has to give fans real optimism.

Oh yeah!!!

Our 3a 3b lines are going to be getting lots of ice time come playoffs.

Last year our 4th line averaged something like 4-5 minutes a game in playoffs. Wearing out the top 3 lines as the playoff went on.

They'll both be getting 10-12 minutes a game, and with the abundance of centreman we have on our bottom 6 AV will not feel nervous on icing calls and/or defencive zone faceoffs!

Orca Bay All the Way!!

AV always does well in the regular season .. the test is in a potential 7 game series, where he seems to be unable to adapt to other Coaches shifts in strategy and tactics .. this season will make or break AV;s Canuck "legacy" ..

AV always does well in the regular season .. the test is in a potential 7 game series, where he seems to be unable to adapt to other Coaches shifts in strategy and tactics .. this season will make or break AV;s Canuck "legacy" ..

Yeah hes a good coach i mean hes done wonders here since he got here.

but i do agree with tearloch he does have issues with adapting and one thing from last years finals was he didn;t want to split up the sedins and he still hesitates......i think its too easy to coach against.

He is a very good coach. I like how he tries different combinations and gives players opportunities to flourish. It just baffles me as to why he doesn't use Ballard in more situations (when he's 100% healthy), but then again I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

I mean there must have been a reason why MG acquired Ballard, knowing he was going to get paid $4.2M per season. I don't think being a healthy scratch was one of them.

Meh,

The love fest is here now, but lets wait till we see his shenanigans in the playoffs and then the fire AV threads will be back.

I stand by my belief that he isnt dynamic enough to compete against the strategies of greater coaches.

Also, he doesnt seem to have that leadership, and sense of action when things are going sour in a hurry.

We also have troublefinishing teams off, and thats partly on the coach.

AV is old boys club coach, we will see what happens in the playoffs.

edit- screwed up format on iphone

Archived