Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stick-in-Rink

Salo Feeling Healthy And Ready To Take On Another Year

80 posts in this topic

god i hope he stays...love salo, unless webber fills the hole left by losing him were pretty screwed defensively. its extremely apparent this season just him being part of a game makes a big difference.

Great to hear and very reassuring. No doubt MG will throw this guy a contract if he's good to go. Can't go wrong with a guy like Salo. It's pretty unbelievable how consistent this guy can be in his own zone and on the point. Especially on the PP. Atta boy Sami.

Depending on what he's willing to sign for, I'd like to see him back with the Canucks. He is one of our most consistent D man and can be a good influence on our younger players

It's these moments when I think.....knock on wood.

"For sure, I'll be playing somewhere next year" <--- That's what he said last year before the playoffs. Awesome news!

Sign that guy up for another year!!! Maybe 1 year, 1.5 mill? or around there

EDIT: Maybe next year, use him on the third pairing with Alberts/Rome/Gragnani/Tanev.. and bump Ballard up to the second pairing with Edler? That is, if Ballard can handle more minutes, of course (Good way to finally use him to his full potential)

Give Salo PP and PK time, and keep his minutes around 18-20. Sounds good to me. He'd be the best 5th defenseman in the league that's for sure

2 more years, and then retire as a canuck, thank you for being with us for 10 years, Salo~ :towel:

I really hope Salo wins a cup with the Canucks because he deserves one.

I'd love to have him back on the roster next year.

Ten games less than Bieksa and one more goal scored.

Thirteen games less than Hamhuis and five more goals.

i

Sami is playing 21.5 minutes a night ,j ust a few minutes less than Hammer and Juice play.

Juice gets $7 million and Hammer gets $7 million.

"For sure, I'll be playing somewhere next year," said Salo. "I feel really good and the key has been being healthy and playing with a lot of good teammates has made it fun."

Let's hope Gillis doesn't pull a Burrows on Sami and he leaves for a proper payday elsewhere.