The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Salo Feeling Healthy And Ready To Take On Another Year

Stick-in-Rink

When healthy he is still our best all-around defenceman... it will be great to have him back.

He may want an upgrade on his $2 million though as he has had a pretty good year health-wise. I am sure we have the cap space for it, I don't see Ballard coming back next year, neither he nor the organization is going to want to repeat him sitting in the box when they are playing call-ups/depth guys instead.

Next year:

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Salo-Edler

Alberts-Tanev

Gragnani

It would be great if he comes back another year. He's a solid guy to have. The current 2 million contract sounds right for him. People offering less need to get real.

I would like to reduce his minutes though. Next year he would preferably be on the 3rd pairing and can move into the top-four seamlessly if needed.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - _______

______ - Salo

Ballard moved, probably one of Gragnani, Connautton, Rome on the 3rd pair. Hoping we find a solid UFA defenceman to play with Edler on the right side or get a good-young, top-four right-hander in a trade.

Salo is our Lidstrom. Guy is the most dedicated guy to winning than any other player on our team, not taking anything away from the rest if the team, but Salo is just a God.

Could've easily called it a career with all his injuries but no, Salo is so eager to win the Cup and will play as much as he can and do whatever it takes to win it; he is a true Canuck as well.

Seems like he has another year or two left with his great year this season, but it all depends if we win the Cup or no - win, retires a boss, lose, returns like a boss; all hail Sami - most humble guy there is and ever will be! :)

Archived