Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Luongo Will Always Be My Favourite!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#31 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Fans in this city are generally just ungrateful, especially the new generation of fans. This team has been good for quite some time now, and they take it for granted.

A lot of the Canucks fans these days don't remember when Vancouver was considered the "goalie graveyard". Anybody who lived through those dark years as a fan understands how lucky we were as a franchise to pry Lu out of Florida.

Fans often look at Luongo's meltdowns last spring but the fact of the matter is the entire team was just not good in the finals against the Bruins. A goalie has a bad game and it's extremely noticeable. A forward has a bad game and most casual fans won't take much note.

As much as Luongo is a big part of the core of this team, and a leader for the team, where was the rest of our big-name players against the Bruins? Nowhere to be found. Anyone who places all the blame solely on Luongo either didn't watch the playoffs or just has a blind hatred for Luongo.

That's not to say he played well in Boston, or in game 7. I don't think anyone could claim that he did, but to place Lu under the spotlight and blame him for losing that series is unwarranted.

RIP LB RR PD

#32 guyfromblackcreek

guyfromblackcreek

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

I get tired of all the Lou bashing on here..... Good to hear some people still like the guy.

#33 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#34 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

He will always be an awesome goalie, I believe in Luuuuuuuuu

#35 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Scoring 8 goals in 7 games by any elite team with the highest scoring in the regular season is unheard of. The Canucks will only win if the Sedins Kesler and the rest of the team show up along with Luongo.

i don't care how many times we were blown out.. but the fact was even in blown out games.. the player just half way gave up? like you don't even try to score on the other team to set the tone for the next game and just folding it in?

seriously?? in game 7.. after Luongo gave up the soft goal.. the team kinda just deflated?? in a game 7? u just give in after 1 goal?? Luongo was at fault for some of the games in the SCF for sure he's definitely not off the hook.. but it seems like u guys are saying we woulda won in the finals if schnieder played the series instead of Luongo.. let's say Schneider played in the finals instead and have a gaa of 2.0 which is excellent by any goalie.. we prolly woulda lost game 1, game 2, game 3 and 4 coz 2 goals against is already too big of a mountain for us to overcome.

Anyone, MG and AV included, who thinks that a heartless Luongo, who jumped up in the air to avoid being hit by a helpless Bruin lying on ice to slide with the puck into an empty Canucks net to give up the third goal in game 7 of the SCF when the team was down by only 2, will win a Cup as starting goalie, has to be a fool. It had to be sticks and pads down by heartless Luongo, only to take a hit, to make an easiest save but this guy chose to let in an easiest backbreaking goal just to avoid a hit.

This team will win nothing with Luongo. It will be game over for this group if Schneider is traded in July. Vancouver only has to give the much better goalie, Schneider, the starting role and Luongo will waive his no trade clause and ask for a trade. Teams like Tampa and Leafs would be more than happy to take Luongo and he should be happy to be close to his family in Florida and Montreal.

#36 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

The team sucked in the finals last year also, but Lui did too. He played three great games and four games that were downright pathetic in comparison to other goalies in the finals over time. And no one has mentioned the first round meltdown and the previous two years against Chicago with some terrible games he played. I'm hoping he can get it together and put a consistent effort in this year and win the damn cup finally! If he falters again, drag his sorry azz out of net and put Cory in there and dump him in the offseason.

#37 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Luongo is a great goalie, will a tendancy to choke. I dislike him and his tendancy to choke combined with his ego and salary.

Schnieds will immediately say that was my fault on a goal or a game, Luongo will throw his team-mates under the bus. It seems the fans will do the same.

#38 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Schnieds will immediately say that was my fault on a goal or a game, Luongo will throw his team-mates under the bus. It seems the fans will do the same.

When has Luongo said that recently? Or even in this last year?
Posted Image

#39 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Lou isn't as good as he used to be.... but he is still very good, and the horse you will ride this spring.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

#40 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Luongo > Schneider

As far as BACKUPS go, Cory is incredible. Can he take the fulltime schedule of a no1 and still perform as well? NO. Not even close.

Why does this bother some? I think MG and AV know this. They are the experts.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#41 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Cory is good no doubt. But had he been NO.1, we would be looking at 6th or 8th right now. Fact.

Not a "fact". Just your biased, and in most people's opinions, incorrect assumption.

#42 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Luongo is a great goalie, will a tendancy to choke. I dislike him and his tendancy to choke combined with his ego and salary.

What?
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#43 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

What?

X2
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#44 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Consistancy people !! Its not the shutouts or the blowouts...he needs to be consistant !!

Yeah, people here want consistency alright. They want Luongo to consistently get 4 shutouts in the SCF.

Expectation he gets is ridiculous enough to justify if we changed our team's name to Vancouver Luongo.. and his boys.
Posted Image
Thanks to Hockey_Crazy for the sig!

#45 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

I felt that at the beginning of this year to TBH. But now I disagree. I think we can easily trump every team in the West except Nashville. Nashville + Eastern teams (NYR, Boston, Phi and Pit) they scare.

San Jose and LA were also cup contenders at the years start and now look at em. 1 of the 2 will most likely miss the post season

Not to worry. That's when we up the ante and put in Schneider.

#46 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

What?

I have not been a Luongo fan for several years. Loved him when he first came, but I gradually began to despise that he threw other players under the bus. This year he has not done that at all, so I am happy when he does well. I don't delude myself into believing he is better than Schneider though, because he isn't - and a full season of stats prove that. The difference is consistency. When Roberto is confident and on his game he is a very good goalie. Schneider plays a different kind of game than Lou, a more structured game that makes him more consistent and virtually always on his game - and his game is top drawer.

#47 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I feel the experience last few playoff years will keep the strong emotions out of Luongo's game which will lead to great success.
Posted Image

#48 VancouverHabitant

VancouverHabitant

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

One part of me wants the Canucks to move Luongo so that these idiots a.k.a. Luongo Bashers, see what it's like having a bad goalie.

But on the other hand, I know that they will just stop following hockey altogether and go back to watching Desperate Housewives.

It's funny talking to any other knowledgeable NHL fan. They would all love to have Lou, yet we have the turds here in Vancouver who look for ways to ridicule him.
Posted Image __ Posted Image

#49 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

I get tired of all the Lou bashing on here..... Good to hear some people still like the guy.

me tooo!!!!!

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#50 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Anyone who thinks Lou is not our man is content to squeak into the playoffs instead of dominating claim into it.

Cory is good no doubt. But had he been NO.1, we would be looking at 6th or 8th right now. Fact.

I don't think you understand correctly what a fact is.

If I said the Canucks would have the Presidents trophy locked up a month ago had we played Schnieds all year and then used the word "fact" to emphasize it, I would be full of it. It would just be an unproven opinion based on bias. Kinda what you just did.

(and no, I am not saying that about Schnieds, just an example)

Edited by TimberWolf, 03 April 2012 - 12:32 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#51 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Great game last night, especially liked how Lou had to come in the wrong door on the bench then cut across the entire team to go sit and sulk.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.