The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value Of Schneider

J.I.A.H.N

Cory will be one of the more decorated goaltenders after it is all set and done. His value is enormous, I would think his value would be similar to Lus when we traded for him.....ah before you say anything, desperate times call for desperate measures. Teams who are in need of a goalie, see Cory like he is a gold mine, and they would be willing to sacrifice some bodies and picks to get to this top three in stats, calm demenour, great team guy of a gold mine. Everyone is aware of how many shots the canucks have been allowing lately and yet he still won games. He beat all the big teams. He went in to the house of horrors where our other starter was butchered and won us THE GAME of the season. Its not like he lost in his first ever playoff start, he got injured while it was still 3-3 ( one goal was also a ps). This was huge cause before this game the floodgates had opened. His first 5 playoff games he has posted a 9.15 sv% which is good, it will vastly improve, as we all know he has improved this season over the last! Gms with teams that are struggling in the goaltender position know what the value of such a superior goalie is. just as we knew the value of lu when we got him back then. Personally i would keep Cory.

Also the poster who guranteed that all 29 gms will look at him, is correct so please leave them alone. If the Gms dont look into available young talented players then the gms arent doing their jobs...so in all fairness i think they will ask about him. I mean if you could flip miller (for a great return) and get younger and cheaper why wouldnt you give it a thought. Also who knows what if Rask keeps getting injured over and over or doesnt recover fully why not check it out, Mg is cool with Bostons Gm. St louis's gm might check it out to gague the value of his own goalies, the point is they all get a sniff for sure.

preach it brotha, cory is invaluable...hes performed far better than LU this year, how someone could undervalue him is beyond me.

he may not be proven as a starter but he carries a decent load and quite a bit of one compared to other back ups. not like making him a starter would affect his play so negatively that he would be considered even remotely average...hes a top 10 period and will be as a starter wherever he starts...hopefully vancouver someday. Lu is our #1 and needs to remain our #1 but maybe someday and hopefully schneids will still be with us then.

no worries - some fans may not, but MG knows what his value is...

p.s. Patrick Stefan was picked first - but then again, the entire draft was thin, and other than the Sedins, Havlat was the only other first round pick that panned out. Zetteburg went in the 7th round.

One thing to keep in mind with Schiender's value is the RFA status he has. What if a team trades their first round pick and prospects but Schiender won't even talk to them about a contract?

Even with his high credentials and stats, Schiender will be worth lower than everyone expects (probably a first round pick and one prospect)

I really hope Toronto gets him for their first round pick (top 5 pick) and good prospect

I think he is worth:

a 1st round draft pick between 10-20

somebody in similar value to chris higgins

a solid prospect (tim erixon type of value)

I don't know how much sense that makes to people. You have to remember that there are other options out there for teams looking for young POTENTIAL starting goalies (Bernier, Lehner, Rask, Hackett, Lindback, Enroth)

Archived