The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value Of Schneider

J.I.A.H.N

I am about to blow my lid! I know some of you have made reasonable suggestions on the value of Cory Schneider, but I honestly can't believe how little value some people put on a young, talented, high end goalie.

Posters have said such things like, 28th pick is great than Schneider, or that he isn't worth as much as Hedman, or that Connelly is worth more.

The facts are this. He is in the top 10 in every important goaltending category. People say say he unproven as a starting goalie, well so is Hedman unproven as a 1/2 dman, and Connelly can barely break into TB line up. We don't know what, or if they will get any better....they might have topped out! You don't know. And if Cory has topped out, you still have a bonified star!

And Draft picks don't always turn out! Does anyone remember who was drafted first overall the year Hank and Daniel were drafted!

Why do you think, there are so many teams that are interested in Cory? He is proven and draft picks and young prospect are not.....at best it is risky.

It takes 4 or 5 years to develope a goalie, if you are lucky, he plays in the NHL. You are grasping at straws if you know a goalie will be good when you draft him, that is why Cory is so valuable!

Geesh!......................Man I fell better!

no worries - some fans may not, but MG knows what his value is...

p.s. Patrick Stefan was picked first - but then again, the entire draft was thin, and other than the Sedins, Havlat was the only other first round pick that panned out. Zetteburg went in the 7th round.

Schneider is worth a lot more than some people give him credit for. I can guarantee that 29 teams will be asking for him this summer. Only in a perfect world we could keep both Lu and Schneides and convince them to go 50/50 on the season. :( Both deserve to be starters.

Yeah some people way undervalue Schneids' value. I think a package consisting of

- Top six calibre forward

- A bottom six forward

- A top pair d man

- A solid back up

- A grade A prospect/top 5-10 first rounder

Would be the right value for Cory.

Schneider is worth a lot more than some people give him credit for. I can guarantee that 29 teams will be asking for him this summer. Only in a perfect world we could keep both Lu and Schneides and convince them to go 50/50 on the season. :( Both deserve to be starters.

Yeah some people way undervalue Schneids' value. I think a package consisting of

- A bottom six forward

- A top pair d man

- A solid back up

- A bottom six forward

- A top pair d man

- A solid back up

Guest BuckFoston

He was a first rounder, did extremely well at the AHL level and now the NHL. Presents himself as a complete professional on and off the ice. And now has established himself as one of the best most reliable young goalies in the league. In short his value is huge.

We are going to get something very good in return, but the thing to remember is that we are losing a key part of the team and our goalie equation.

I am not excited about losing him at all. Let's remember as well we got the playoffs coming up and if lu struggles (i don't think he will) then things could change.

I don't always overvalue, but when I do, I prefer to overvalue ridiculously. Stay ridiculous, my friends.

The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg

- A bottom six forward

- A top pair d man

- A solid back up

No, you're wrong. People are overvaluing him. Is he valuable? Most definitely, he is our most valued trading piece. But for people to think that he is worth:

- A bottom six forward

- A top pair d man

- A solid back up

Would Schneider for Nikitin and a 2nd roll? I think Nikita would be a really nice piece to have, he's big, showed that he liked to play the right side (thanks for the pick to give Edler his coast-to-coast ::D) has decent offensive instincts and isn't bad defensively either. If Lack gets some time against even decent NHL competition and shows that he can do alright, and there's the threat that Schneids could get targeted I would make a trade using Nikitin and a 2nd for a starting point from them (maybe get Sanford as well?)

- A bottom six forward

- A top pair d man

- A solid back up

Archived