The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have To Dump Cory Schneider Like It Or Not.

NuckNuckNucks

He has to get his shot at being a starting goalie and he won't get it here in Vancouver. And it's creating competitive but negative effects on the team especially going into the playoffs.

Luongo is our No.1 and deservedly so. He has brought us here again to the top. He has been the most consistent player for the team all year. Is he capable of choking a game or two? Yes. Like most goalies who never made it into the Playoffs or got eliminated on the way. Are we at the top because of bad goaltending?

Give Cory his shot and get rid of him this Summer. Many teams will grab him in a heartbeat. Is he better than Luongo? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Put him at the helm of starter, he won't fare so well I think. He still needs a few more seasons for that. His stats are great but mostly in part against teams management calculates he should be able to win in order for our No.1 to get rested.

My prediction is if they get rid of Cory, he will be a starter for whoever grabs him he'll possibly squeak his team into the playoffs (Or not) next year while Lu will bring us back into the top 3 next year.

Schneider can never take No.1 here. If he did, he would go the way of Snow or Cloutier. Loungo is the best we've ever had. Vancouver fans (Mostly bandwagoneers) will always find something to pick about no matter how good they have it. Without Lu, we would be doing exactly what Washington is doing right now. Struggling to stay in.

Let Cory go and lets move on. I doubt if we'll regret it in the next 2 to 3 years.

Kind of like that Cody....what's his name again...guy....

I agree Luongo is our number 1.

I can't wait to see what we get for Cory.

At the same time, if we could keep him somehow, then that would be great too.

I hope everyone keeps their expectations in check of what we will get in return so theres not a hundred threads discrediting MG if in fact he does get traded (most likely will).

Halak was traded for Eller and Schultz

Varlamov was traded for a 1st and 2nd.

I expect something along those lines. Some of the proposals here make out the Canucks getting the 1st overall pick or 2-3 1st round picks (players +picks). I'm sorry to disappoint but that is a very very unlikely scenario.

Cory is a great goalie and will be for a long time but the same argument is going to come out of every GM's mouth, "Hasn't played a full season"

But he'll never get starter in Vancouver. That is where the problem lies.

He's got some value. Especially if he performs his brilliant magic during the Playoffs, his stock will go up. MG I think is banking on this and will use it to his advantage this Summer. But Lu is our goalie. We have to stay the course.

it's a little premature to say that schneider will never get to be a #1 here just yet. if luongo faulters in the playoffs, and the fans turn on him again, thats likely to be it for him in vancouver. then schneids becomes the #1. on a side note, the best organizations are the ones that keep the talent that they develop, not the ones that trade it away.

He has to get his shot at being a starting goalie and he won't get it here in Vancouver. And it's creating competitive but negative effects on the team especially going into the playoffs.

Luongo is our No.1 and deservedly so. He has brought us here again to the top. He has been the most consistent player for the team all year. Is he capable of choking a game or two? Yes. Like most goalies who never made it into the Playoffs or got eliminated on the way. Are we at the top because of bad goaltending?

Give Cory his shot and get rid of him this Summer. Many teams will grab him in a heartbeat. Is he better than Luongo? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Put him at the helm of starter, he won't fare so well I think. He still needs a few more seasons for that. His stats are great but mostly in part against teams management calculates he should be able to win in order for our No.1 to get rested.

My prediction is if they get rid of Cory, he will be a starter for whoever grabs him he'll possibly squeak his team into the playoffs (Or not) next year while Lu will bring us back into the top 3 next year.

Schneider can never take No.1 here. If he did, he would go the way of Snow or Cloutier. Loungo is the best we've ever had. Vancouver fans (Mostly bandwagoneers) will always find something to pick about no matter how good they have it. Without Lu, we would be doing exactly what Washington is doing right now. Struggling to stay in.

Let Cory go and lets move on. I doubt if we'll regret it in the next 2 to 3 years.

Guest BuckFoston

But he'll never get starter in Vancouver. That is where the problem lies.

He's got some value. Especially if he performs his brilliant magic during the Playoffs, his stock will go up. MG I think is banking on this and will use it to his advantage this Summer. But Lu is our goalie. We have to stay the course.

Archived