The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have To Dump Cory Schneider Like It Or Not.

NuckNuckNucks

That's not true, it's just something that the dumb media here in Vancouver made up.

We literally have 24/7 coverage of the Canucks, and in order for all of them to feel like they're not just repeating what the next guy's saying, they start making crap up.

I'd love to take half of the media here and get them to do really in depth analysis of the other teams... make them watch games other then Canucks'

On a sidenote, I do agree with the rest of your post and we should be looking to get a top 6 forward in the summer in a sign and trade.

What about Kirk Mclean.Fans had nothing to do with how he played. In fact if his head was screwed up because one of is teammates was playing around with is wife. As for Cory having a negative affect on the team thats your assumption. Never had there been a good bond between two goaltenders and the team hasn't been negative. In fact they're happy to have two great goaltenders on the team. Quit reading into the media. You have no idea whats going on in the dressing room so how can you say its been a negative affect?

Funny Cory had an interview not too long ago stating he likes it here and likes to win. Even stated whats the point of starting somewhere else when you may lose most of your games!!!!

Part of you wish Cory would start so fans may kick him to the curb in a few months. And you talk about lack of support as the reason this team doesn't have a cup but here you are hoping that Cory gets kicked to the curb?Thats a contradiction isn't it..And what happens if he's turns out to be a better goaltender? Most of the problems starts with the MEDIA trying to stir the pot when their nothing there. !!! Not the fans.

It is very obvious that the OP is just trolling here by the choice of words he uses.

He does have a few legitimate points but it is really too early to comment on what will happen.

He is also trying to integrate in our minds that there is a negative effect with Cory being here. I think he is a fan of another team that would love to have Cory in his team.

Just as a word of warning to Canucks fans everywhere (as someone had already pointed out)... do not expect the #1 draft pick or 3 first rounders or anything outrageous. We, as fans, tend to over price our assets.

But he'll never get starter in Vancouver. That is where the problem lies.

He's got some value. Especially if he performs his brilliant magic during the Playoffs, his stock will go up. MG I think is banking on this and will use it to his advantage this Summer. But Lu is our goalie. We have to stay the course.

Everything is resting on this years playoffs. I only hope that pressure helps Lu instead of hampers him.

Lu could have a melt down in one of the series and we get behind 3 games to 1, where he lets in early soft goals.

Cory takes over....and we go all the way with him and win the Cup.

or

Lu could play every game and lead us to the Cup

or

the first scenario only Cory can't hold the fort and we lose anyways.

or

the second scenario only Lu can't quite win it all.

or

They are pingponged throughout the playoffs and we lose anyways

or

They are pingponged throughout the playoffs and we win

or a lot of other tangents including injuries forcing a decision.

If #1 scenario happens, I can see, and would hope, Gillis trying to talk Lu out of his NTC and maybe unloading him in the Summer. Because if that happened and we STILL get rid of Cory in the Summer you may see Riot 3.0 in Vancouver.

This.

I agree with op that there isn't room for both in Vancouver, but the smart money sends Lou and keeps Schneider. He's younger and hasn't even peeked in his ability yet. Most likely he gets better and better for many years to come.

Lou, on the other hand, as great as he has played, will most likely not continue to improve. At best he staves off a decline in his performance for a couple of more years. Realistically, though, he declines in his performance.

It makes more sense, strategically/tactically, to keep Schneider and send Lou. Whether that can be done remains to be seen, but ask any lawyer, every contract can be renegotiated, and if needed, the Canucks could find Lou a good home.

Archived