The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have To Dump Cory Schneider Like It Or Not.

NuckNuckNucks

Cory Schneider isn't going anywhere, I just had to seem him on after hours Saturday to confirm my belief that he loves winning, he loves his team so much so that he can do impressions of them and when that grey haired dude said we know next year you'll be a started/#1 somewhere he almost looked offended and didn't even respond. Again, Goaltenders don't reach prime typically until late twenties mid 30's. I believe Luongo will get a lot more "W's" and "0" games in the next 3 years after this and Cory will get a nice raise and collect a lot of "W's" and "0" himself and stay put until he can take the torch from Roberto as he will be the one guys . Yeah we could use that nice Dman but look at our team and our farm team that is almost #1 in the AHL again, Schroeder, Jensen, Rodin, Connaughton, crap maybe the Westerholm twins will step in next year to groom as potential replacement twins. We don't need anything and we definitely don't need to trade Cory Schneider at the end of the season with the Cap going UP.

Agreed, Schneider needs and deserves his shot at being a starting goalie.

But, any negative effects of the current dual goaltending situation are media driven. Both goaltenders have publicly stated they are fully supportive of the other, and both have shown admirable professionalism towards one another. Furthermore, the Canucks organization is fully supportive of them both.

Luongo is installed as No.1. He takes a lot of heat because he has a huge salary, and the expectations are equally huge. Lu is capable of choking a game or two. He's human.

Your opinions on Schneider are yours and you have a right to them. But, the reality of what we have all seen, and the stats themselves, prove he is a considerably better player than what you are portraying.

Instead of making a rip-roaring decision to dump Schneider, let’s see how the playoffs go.

Cory Schneider isn't going anywhere, I just had to seem him on after hours Saturday to confirm my belief that he loves winning, he loves his team so much so that he can do impressions of them and when that grey haired dude said we know next year you'll be a started/#1 somewhere he almost looked offended and didn't even respond. Again, Goaltenders don't reach prime typically until late twenties mid 30's. I believe Luongo will get a lot more "W's" and "0" games in the next 3 years after this and Cory will get a nice raise and collect a lot of "W's" and "0" himself and stay put until he can take the torch from Roberto as he will be the one guys . Yeah we could use that nice Dman but look at our team and our farm team that is almost #1 in the AHL again, Schroeder, Jensen, Rodin, Connaughton, crap maybe the Westerholm twins will step in next year to groom as potential replacement twins. We don't need anything and we definitely don't need to trade Cory Schneider at the end of the season with the Cap going UP.

Playoffs first, this is an issue best put on the backburner as I'm sure Mike Gillis already knows what he's going to do.

Calling Schneider's continued presence on this team as a negative is load of "horse hockey".

Bringing it up now as something important is pretty much trolling IMO.

If Schneider is causing negative effects, then Luongo simply is a selfish teammate who doesn't care about winning. Schneider is giving us wins, yet it's bringing upon a negative effect on Luongo?

It shouldn't, unless Luongo is jealous and knows he may be the one out.

Do you still believe this?

Playoffs first, this is an issue best put on the backburner as I'm sure Mike Gillis already knows what he's going to do.

Calling Schneider's continued presence on this team as a negative is load of "horse hockey".

Bringing it up now as something important is pretty much trolling IMO.

People hurt by the obvious comes as no surprise when they resort to words like trolling.

You don't think our team picks up a newspaper or watches TV? They're not robots. Imagine how much better they would play if our city backs up our No.1 like they do in Boston? Do you think these are not huge factors?

Has Vancouver EVER been satisfied with their goalie? Has Vancouver ever been satisfied? How many goalies Vancouver touted as "Goalie Of Canucks Future"? Will these same stupid Luongo haters burn our city again?

LOL Bandwagoneers.

You don't follow a lot of hockey do you? Thomas has been constantly criticized in Boston. Rask was constantly called on for being the starter. Thomas had to sit one year. Even this year he's been called out by the fans of Boston for not playing well enough.

You're calling people bandwagoners because they don't support Luongo. Last I checked, Schneider was also a Canuck.

You dumb?

But Boston didn't burn their city down. Schneider is a Canuck yes. A very good Canuck. But Luongo is our No.1 and all this nonsense that an unproven backup goalie (But a brilliant one) is better than Roberto is childish, idiotic and can only come from bandwagoneers that don't know hockey.

I can tell you're a back seat passenger.

Archived