The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have To Dump Cory Schneider Like It Or Not.

NuckNuckNucks

If it were up to me, I would keep Cory and Roberto. I absolutely love both these guys. Cory is a class act. But they are human. To say Cory feels he can be starter and Roberto feels unnecessary pressure from fans and media is valid and most likely true.

Most GMs and coaches are saying, "Unproven because he's never had a full season." This is a bang on assessment.

Like a 100m sprinter at the top of his field moving up to 400m and find he is average and should stay in 100m.

Schneider is a brilliant goalie. But only as BACKUP in Vancouver. He will not be as good as Luongo unless he leaves.

It's a painful truth. One wouldn't need to analyze any further.

Letting go of Schneider in favor of Luongo would be a huge mistake. Schneider is already the better goaltender and seems to never get flustered. He would give us a much better chance of winning the cup this year and for many years into the future. Any move Mike Gillis has made would effectively be thrown into the toilet in my books. Aside from his first year here, Luongo has barely helped at all in the playoffs. He has flashes of brilliance but far far too many breakdowns.

Option 1. We'll have a lot of very emotional fans that won't understand due to their lack of knowledge on how it should work or why, but all you have to do is look at Hodgson and how it's been forgotten already after a few short weeks.

lmao i love how idiots like u seem to know exactly what schneider wants.

what if schneider likes the canucks and likes playing on a winning team?

I agree it'll be impossible to keep both schneids and lu but theres no way u can know.

luongo might be let go and schneids could easily be kept, he seems to like playing on this team.

Archived