Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Canucks Have To Dump Cory Schneider Like It Or Not.

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#61 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

All we need...another new guy who can't search, posts redundant information labelled as "fact", and wouldn't know a great goalie and a truly first class individual if one smacked him in the face

#62 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

That's not true, it's just something that the dumb media here in Vancouver made up.
We literally have 24/7 coverage of the Canucks, and in order for all of them to feel like they're not just repeating what the next guy's saying, they start making crap up.

I'd love to take half of the media here and get them to do really in depth analysis of the other teams... make them watch games other then Canucks'

On a sidenote, I do agree with the rest of your post and we should be looking to get a top 6 forward in the summer in a sign and trade.

You are bang on with the media which I failed to mention was probably the origin of this goalie issue.

As for who we would trade him for? We have such a deep team. Schneider and Raymond for Stamkos?
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#63 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Disagree. The only negative impact is for the sky is falling sheep on CDC..there is no negative impact for the team. 2 Great goalies..yeah..what a terrible problem to have.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#64 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,773 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

You are bang on with the media which I failed to mention was probably the origin of this goalie issue.

As for who we would trade him for? We have such a deep team. Schneider and Raymond for Stamkos?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 lumberman

lumberman

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Ah! and yet another visionary. Thank you seer of all things.
Your hockey knowledge is only preceded by uh, oh !never mind.
Posted Image

#66 GSP*

GSP*

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Schneider is the future!

#67 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Disagree. The only negative impact is for the sky is falling sheep on CDC..there is no negative impact for the team. 2 Great goalies..yeah..what a terrible problem to have.

this, well said.

#68 I.Am.Canuck.

I.Am.Canuck.

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

your a complete jackass. Lu being the most consistent player on the canucks? :picard: ridiculous, everything you said is ridiculous.

#69 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

What if we won the cup this year, just hypothetically speaking... Would Cory want to stick around and hope for another maybe in the next few seasons? We'll see!

#70 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

What about Kirk Mclean.Fans had nothing to do with how he played. In fact if his head was screwed up because one of is teammates was playing around with is wife. As for Cory having a negative affect on the team thats your assumption. Never had there been a good bond between two goaltenders and the team hasn't been negative. In fact they're happy to have two great goaltenders on the team. Quit reading into the media. You have no idea whats going on in the dressing room so how can you say its been a negative affect?
Funny Cory had an interview not too long ago stating he likes it here and likes to win. Even stated whats the point of starting somewhere else when you may lose most of your games!!!!
Part of you wish Cory would start so fans may kick him to the curb in a few months. And you talk about lack of support as the reason this team doesn't have a cup but here you are hoping that Cory gets kicked to the curb?Thats a contradiction isn't it..And what happens if he's turns out to be a better goaltender? Most of the problems starts with the MEDIA trying to stir the pot when their nothing there. !!! Not the fans.

If it were up to me, I would keep Cory and Roberto. I absolutely love both these guys. Cory is a class act. But they are human. To say Cory feels he can be starter and Roberto feels unnecessary pressure from fans and media is valid and most likely true.

Most GMs and coaches are saying, "Unproven because he's never had a full season." This is a bang on assessment.

Like a 100m sprinter at the top of his field moving up to 400m and find he is average and should stay in 100m.

Schneider is a brilliant goalie. But only as BACKUP in Vancouver. He will not be as good as Luongo unless he leaves.

It's a painful truth. One wouldn't need to analyze any further.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

#71 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

If Luongo let's in 5 goals in any game of the SCF and we still lose, I can guarantee Luongo will be heading somewhere for a top 4 defensemen.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#72 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

My only wonder for Schneids so far is whether he can perform in the playoffs. People forget that Schneider hasn't exactly played lights out in the playoffs.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#73 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,773 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

...One wouldn't need to analyze any further.

This was true even before you started this thread!
Posted Image

#74 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Why don't you ask for some Florida Sunshine while you are at it
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#75 Kevlar

Kevlar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

It is very obvious that the OP is just trolling here by the choice of words he uses.

He does have a few legitimate points but it is really too early to comment on what will happen.

He is also trying to integrate in our minds that there is a negative effect with Cory being here. I think he is a fan of another team that would love to have Cory in his team.

Just as a word of warning to Canucks fans everywhere (as someone had already pointed out)... do not expect the #1 draft pick or 3 first rounders or anything outrageous. We, as fans, tend to over price our assets.

#76 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

But he'll never get starter in Vancouver. That is where the problem lies.

He's got some value. Especially if he performs his brilliant magic during the Playoffs, his stock will go up. MG I think is banking on this and will use it to his advantage this Summer. But Lu is our goalie. We have to stay the course.

Let's see how Lu does in the playoffs and if Cory ends up playing. I'm pretty sure that's what management will be doing.
If Lu struggles, and Cory has to carry the team, Lu is finished in Vancouver and wll have to be moved. If LU plays well, Cory is likely gone, hopefully for a valuable asset.

It's not as simple as most fans would like to think and MG isn't going to sell out the team for the next 5-8 yrs because of one contract.

Let's hope it's a decisioni made after the team celebrates winning the Cup no matter who is between the pipes.

#77 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,582 posts

I still think Schneider would be a smarter option for our future. Not to mention, he can win NOW as well.

This.
I agree with op that there isn't room for both in Vancouver, but the smart money sends Lou and keeps Schneider. He's younger and hasn't even peeked in his ability yet. Most likely he gets better and better for many years to come.
Lou, on the other hand, as great as he has played, will most likely not continue to improve. At best he staves off a decline in his performance for a couple of more years. Realistically, though, he declines in his performance.
It makes more sense, strategically/tactically, to keep Schneider and send Lou. Whether that can be done remains to be seen, but ask any lawyer, every contract can be renegotiated, and if needed, the Canucks could find Lou a good home.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#78 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

My only wonder for Schneids so far is whether he can perform in the playoffs. People forget that Schneider hasn't exactly played lights out in the playoffs.

Well, that makes him on even ground with Lou.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#79 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Everything is resting on this years playoffs. I only hope that pressure helps Lu instead of hampers him.

Lu could have a melt down in one of the series and we get behind 3 games to 1, where he lets in early soft goals.
Cory takes over....and we go all the way with him and win the Cup.

or

Lu could play every game and lead us to the Cup

or

the first scenario only Cory can't hold the fort and we lose anyways.

or

the second scenario only Lu can't quite win it all.

or

They are pingponged throughout the playoffs and we lose anyways

or

They are pingponged throughout the playoffs and we win

or a lot of other tangents including injuries forcing a decision.

If #1 scenario happens, I can see, and would hope, Gillis trying to talk Lu out of his NTC and maybe unloading him in the Summer. Because if that happened and we STILL get rid of Cory in the Summer you may see Riot 3.0 in Vancouver.

#80 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

This.
I agree with op that there isn't room for both in Vancouver, but the smart money sends Lou and keeps Schneider. He's younger and hasn't even peeked in his ability yet. Most likely he gets better and better for many years to come.
Lou, on the other hand, as great as he has played, will most likely not continue to improve. At best he staves off a decline in his performance for a couple of more years. Realistically, though, he declines in his performance.
It makes more sense, strategically/tactically, to keep Schneider and send Lou. Whether that can be done remains to be seen, but ask any lawyer, every contract can be renegotiated, and if needed, the Canucks could find Lou a good home.

Sounds like the same stuff we said about Snow and Cloutier. Lu is the best goalie we've had in Canuck history. Stay the course.

Cory is unproven. And put him as No.1 next year (A bad choice) and he'll be burned at the stake like every other goalie that has played for Vancouver. If you guys really cared for Schneider, you'd hope he finds a good home.

Edited by NuckNuckNucks, 03 April 2012 - 01:38 PM.

And choke he will.

#81 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

i'm not the hugest Lou supporter but he is horribly under valued in this thread. Guy has a horrible contract but has value.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#82 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

So many holes in this original post I don't know where to start....

Meh....

Edited by riffraff, 03 April 2012 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#83 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Well, that makes him on even ground with Lou.

The thing is, while Lu has played iffy games, he's also played fantastic games. We've yet to see Schneider play any amazing hockey in the playoffs.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#84 PDubbya

PDubbya

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Cory Schneider isn't going anywhere, I just had to seem him on after hours Saturday to confirm my belief that he loves winning, he loves his team so much so that he can do impressions of them and when that grey haired dude said we know next year you'll be a started/#1 somewhere he almost looked offended and didn't even respond. Again, Goaltenders don't reach prime typically until late twenties mid 30's. I believe Luongo will get a lot more "W's" and "0" games in the next 3 years after this and Cory will get a nice raise and collect a lot of "W's" and "0" himself and stay put until he can take the torch from Roberto as he will be the one guys . Yeah we could use that nice Dman but look at our team and our farm team that is almost #1 in the AHL again, Schroeder, Jensen, Rodin, Connaughton, crap maybe the Westerholm twins will step in next year to groom as potential replacement twins. We don't need anything and we definitely don't need to trade Cory Schneider at the end of the season with the Cap going UP.

#85 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

The thing is, while Lu has played iffy games, he's also played fantastic games. We've yet to see Schneider play any amazing hockey in the playoffs.

I think that muscle spasm injury was his way of saying the pressure was too much.

And choke he will.

#86 canuck_face54

canuck_face54

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Lu > Schneider

Enough said.
Canucks4Life!

#87 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,671 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'd just like for us to be allowed to use him in the playoffs and i hope he performs well. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#88 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Schneider > Lu

Posted Image

#89 Walkin'2929

Walkin'2929

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Agreed, Schneider needs and deserves his shot at being a starting goalie.

But, any negative effects of the current dual goaltending situation are media driven. Both goaltenders have publicly stated they are fully supportive of the other, and both have shown admirable professionalism towards one another. Furthermore, the Canucks organization is fully supportive of them both.

Luongo is installed as No.1. He takes a lot of heat because he has a huge salary, and the expectations are equally huge. Lu is capable of choking a game or two. He's human.

Your opinions on Schneider are yours and you have a right to them. But, the reality of what we have all seen, and the stats themselves, prove he is a considerably better player than what you are portraying.

Instead of making a rip-roaring decision to dump Schneider, letís see how the playoffs go.

#90 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Cory Schneider isn't going anywhere, I just had to seem him on after hours Saturday to confirm my belief that he loves winning, he loves his team so much so that he can do impressions of them and when that grey haired dude said we know next year you'll be a started/#1 somewhere he almost looked offended and didn't even respond. Again, Goaltenders don't reach prime typically until late twenties mid 30's. I believe Luongo will get a lot more "W's" and "0" games in the next 3 years after this and Cory will get a nice raise and collect a lot of "W's" and "0" himself and stay put until he can take the torch from Roberto as he will be the one guys . Yeah we could use that nice Dman but look at our team and our farm team that is almost #1 in the AHL again, Schroeder, Jensen, Rodin, Connaughton, crap maybe the Westerholm twins will step in next year to groom as potential replacement twins. We don't need anything and we definitely don't need to trade Cory Schneider at the end of the season with the Cap going UP.

This would be the best outcome. But realistically, I think and hope he'll be gone after Playoffs. It's best for him.

People who get angered by this are probably fans who bought Hodgson Jerseys a week before he was traded.

And choke he will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.