Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Canucks Have To Dump Cory Schneider Like It Or Not.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
268 replies to this topic

#181 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

My main problem is I think the team as a whole seems to play better in front of Schneider. Obviously nobody is going to say yeah we play differently depending on who is in net, but it does seem to be the case. I think both Lu and Schneider are great. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Schneider. However Lu has a no trade clause so not sure if he would be willing to leave anyway. Cory being traded though will bring in a very nice piece of the puzzle in winning a cup whereas with Lu you would only get a reasonable return

Take the Ducks game as a great example. Yes Lu should have gotten that one softie, but is he to blame for the others?

AV pulled the goalie BECAUSE THE DEFENSIVE LINE WAS CHOKING.

A goalie change was done in this case to lit a fire under the teams ass because they were letting their goalie down.

Did they play better in front of Schneids? Yes of course. That was the desired effect of pulling Lu last night.

A win for the Schneids, sure. The team played on fire after that. Limiting shots on net. This is the benefits of being a BACKUP GOALIE.

These band wagoners don't think that what happened last night and what some of the media was commenting DOESN'T HAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THE TEAM???

Lu got us here. That is why he will stay and Cory will be dumped. Don't buy his jersey just yet.

Say all you want, Schneider will be gone after the Playoffs. Artificially pumping his stats with games like last night is not helping the cause to keep him.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#182 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

He has to get his shot at being a starting goalie and he won't get it here in Vancouver. And it's creating competitive but negative effects on the team especially going into the playoffs.

Luongo is our No.1 and deservedly so. He has brought us here again to the top. He has been the most consistent player for the team all year. Is he capable of choking a game or two? Yes. Like most goalies who never made it into the Playoffs or got eliminated on the way. Are we at the top because of bad goaltending?

Give Cory his shot and get rid of him this Summer. Many teams will grab him in a heartbeat. Is he better than Luongo? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Put him at the helm of starter, he won't fare so well I think. He still needs a few more seasons for that. His stats are great but mostly in part against teams management calculates he should be able to win in order for our No.1 to get rested.

My prediction is if they get rid of Cory, he will be a starter for whoever grabs him he'll possibly squeak his team into the playoffs (Or not) next year while Lu will bring us back into the top 3 next year.

Schneider can never take No.1 here. If he did, he would go the way of Snow or Cloutier. Loungo is the best we've ever had. Vancouver fans (Mostly bandwagoneers) will always find something to pick about no matter how good they have it. Without Lu, we would be doing exactly what Washington is doing right now. Struggling to stay in.

Let Cory go and lets move on. I doubt if we'll regret it in the next 2 to 3 years.

Amnesty clause in new cba? Meaning if we can't trade Lu, buy him out with no cap hit. Keep Schnieds and let him and Lack battle er out.

#183 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Amnesty clause in new cba? Meaning if we can't trade Lu, buy him out with no cap hit. Keep Schnieds and let him and Lack battle er out.

Yep. This is another option. Hate to see Lu having to endure such an emotional and classless enslaught of bandwagoneers. He'll be appreciated on many teams.

The Scheids is a class act and a brilliant goalie as well and will get top billing on another team. His reputation is untainted and sheltered still. He'll be the one that gets dealt after the Playoffs along with one or two others.

You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

#184 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

trolls feed off of your words, please stop feeding the troll. Merci.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#185 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

trolls feed off of your words, please stop feeding the troll. Merci.

Kind of obvious when they put Blackhawks and Bruins logos on their sigs. Nobody takes them seriously anyways.

And choke he will.

#186 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Ok Nucksnucksnucks.....explain why Schneider's stats are so much better then your hero???

#187 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

I think PITB brought up a pretty good point on After Hours. Why are we so sure that Cory would even want to stay here long term? If I'm a goalie I probably wouldn't. There are plenty of good teams out there where I could go and not have to put up with that kind of abuse.

If we can convince Luongo to go somewhere else, or if the CBA drastically changes that would make such a trade possible, then great, but if we can't and we have to move Schneider I probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Think back to 07 when nobody could have imagined that 5 years later tons of fans want Lu shipped out of here. Goalie situations can change really quickly.

Luongo isn't really as big of a choker as everybody thinks IMO. The amount of pressure that he was under in game 7 against Chicago was probably more than what most professional athletes would ever experience. Can you just imagine the pressure in OT after letting Toews tie in the final minute(s) and the President's Trophy Winners risked getting bounced by the 8th seed after being up 3-0 and losing to the Blackhawks for the 3rd consecutive season? That is unbelievable pressure and he still put up a really stellar effort including his robbery of Patrick Sharp in OT. That to me shows he can get it done in the big game.

I'll fully recognize that he crapped the bed beyond belief in game 6 against Boston but all of the others you can say all of the Canucks sucked too. Where was the #1 ranked PP, where were the goals, etc, etc. I remember one of those games there was a lot of bad bounces and in the other there were a ton of defensive blunders that I identified and posted on facebook so I could dig them up.
Posted Image

#188 SimplyHockey

SimplyHockey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I agree with you %100 about the 'negative influence' story that is being made up by the media.

Now as far as the return for Corey, you have to look at the other prospects that are available.

Jonathan Bernier from the Kings
Josh Harding from the Wild
Lindback from the Preds
Tim Thomas or Tuuka Raask from the Bruins

Assuming that the Bruins choose to stick with Raask, you have to assume that Corey Schneider is the top prospect amongst the bunch, but the fact that there is so much choice might drive the price down.

I think that we'll be lucky if we get a 1st round pick and (a top 4 d-man or a top 6 foward).

You may be right but I was just throwing out other options Gillis may have with keeping Schneider for another season. I am a staunch Schneider fan as well but I still contend there is a strong possibility that Luongo may just agree to waiving his NM/NT clause if the Nucks are fortunate enough to win the cup this year. Schneider should be a starting goalie and if he becomes one, I would really like it to be as a Canuck and, if offered the right team, Lou might just see some advantage in playing in Tampa Bay or Montreal where he can try to reach another bench mark with his competitiveness.

Schneider's value is at least worth a first rounder and more. If you look at he salaries being paid out to most starting goaltenders right now, you will note that many of them are paid 5M+ per year. Yes there are some competing teams that pay less but I suggest they are all probably looking for a caliber goalie like Schneider, that piece that will help them win a cup. Goalies are worth what teams are willing to pay for them and there are losts of teams out there that have enough money to pay good bucks for Schneider or take on Luongo's contract until the backout clauses written in his contract kick in.

I simply cannot accept all the media driven hype being rumoured that a Schneider trade come July1 is etched in stone, not with Gillis negotiating the deal in that respect. He has surprised us before has he not?

Edited by SimplyHockey, 04 April 2012 - 12:16 PM.

"If you win say nothing, if you lose say less."

#189 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

A dream scenario:

We keep both goalies, Luongo agrees to sit back as 1b, Schneider takes 1a and gets to prove his worth which I think he can. Not as good as Roberto but he will be stellar enough where his value would be indisputable. Then make a decision on who to keep.

This would satisfy both fans and bandwagoneers.

But this is just a dream. Cory will be gone after Playoffs win or lose.

And choke he will.

#190 taiwanchik

taiwanchik

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

"dump" may not be quite the word that MG will want to choose when calling the other GMs....

Don't entirely dismiss the possibility of Luongo being moved though... mainly through no real fault of his own. If he does play horribly in the playoffs and get replaced by Schneider, then his staying here will become virtually untenable by virtue of the heat he will get from fans and media.

Look at how much grief that he has gotten for JUST getting us to the 7th game of the SCF last year... AND that us losing had very little to do with him. The odds of us getting that far again are pretty remote, not because we don't have a good team... but just because it is damn hard and requires luck as well.

Hrudey put it corrently recently "Luongo can do no right in Vancouver".

I pin it at a 10-20% chance that it is Luongo that moves in the offseason to a place like Tampa or in the East, mainly because of the reasons above.

This is not a "Luongo-bashing" comment. He is a better and more proven goalie, and his contract is quite good value (regardless of what some folks want to believe)... and it gets to be a better value every year as other goalie salaries rise and his stays the same. In 2-4 years he will move from the middle of the salary pack, to one of the lowest paid starting goalies in the league.

It's not so much that Luongo doesn't have good value in terms of his salary cap hit, it's the length and the fact that it has a no trade clause to boot. While I don't discredit the fact that Luongo is an elite goaltender, age doesn't factor in his favor. There have been great goaltenders in the past that will fade as time goes back. Brodeur, Thomas, Glenn Hall, etc are exceptions to the norm. Schneiders has been highly touted throughout his entire playing career and his two full seasons in the NHL is a testament that those accolades are well warranted. Schneider is an exceptional goaltender who figures to get much better with time. He is a Superstar in the making. His calm demeanor and team first attitude is a great quality to have in a player. While I appreciate what Roberto Luongo has brought to the team, there are a few intangibles that will suggest that his play will falter in years to come while Schneider has yet to peak. May as well get high value return for Luongo and start building Schneider as the number one. We still have Eddie Lack and Joe Cannata to develop. Still not sure about David Honcik but only time will tell.

#191 taiwanchik

taiwanchik

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Option 1. We'll have a lot of very emotional fans that won't understand due to their lack of knowledge on how it should work or why, but all you have to do is look at Hodgson and how it's been forgotten already after a few short weeks.

You don't give a lot of hockey fans credit for their knowledge and passion for the game. Your superiority complex appears to suggest that you have a greater knowledge of hockey than practically everyone on CDC and branding them as "bandwagoners". Fans here, like Toronto, Montreal and New York are passionate about their teams. There is nothing wrong with them demanding excellence from the teams they support. The reasons why fans hold players accountable is because of the player's salary, demeanor and lofty expectations. Goalies such as Richard Brodeur and Kirk McLean were praised by their fans not because they were better than Luongo, but because they didn't mentally breakdown or throw teammates under the bus. It's not too often that you can find a young player such as Schneider who has never been negatively vocal about his role, lack of playing time and publicly saying he's happy playing second fiddle to Luongo. Even four years ago when people were making comparison between Carey Price and Cory Schneider, pundits were saying that Schneider is actually a better prospect.

Anyways, just because nobody is barking about the Hodgson trade means they still don't rue that trade. You wait until next year and you'll see the complaints again.

#192 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Sounds like the same stuff we said about Snow and Cloutier. Lu is the best goalie we've had in Canuck history. Stay the course.

Cory is unproven. And put him as No.1 next year (A bad choice) and he'll be burned at the stake like every other goalie that has played for Vancouver. If you guys really cared for Schneider, you'd hope he finds a good home.

So how long do you stay the course with Lou? Another year, two, five, seven? Do you think opportunities like Schneider will just keep coming along? Smart money bets on Schneids.
And Vancouver is a good home for him. If you were a real Scottsman, you'd know that.
And as for being unproven, how much more does he need to do to prove himself? He's the real deal. There's no doubt about that any more.
To start Corey is no longer a gamble, it's a smart/safe move. That's not to say Lou isn't a reliable goal tender, but his shelf life is a lot shorter than CS's, and it makes it makes strategic sense to keep Schneider. Long term and short term.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#193 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

A dream scenario:

We keep both goalies, Luongo agrees to sit back as 1b, Schneider takes 1a and gets to prove his worth which I think he can. Not as good as Roberto but he will be stellar enough where his value would be indisputable. Then make a decision on who to keep.

This would satisfy both fans and bandwagoneers.

But this is just a dream. Cory will be gone after Playoffs win or lose.

So those who agree with you - keep Lou and send Schneider - are fans, and those who disagree - keep Schneider and send Lou - are bandwagoners?
Just making sure I understand your sociological profiling metric.

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#194 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

So how long do you stay the course with Lou? Another year, two, five, seven? Do you think opportunities like Schneider will just keep coming along? Smart money bets on Schneids.
And Vancouver is a good home for him. If you were a real Scottsman, you'd know that.
And as for being unproven, how much more does he need to do to prove himself? He's the real deal. There's no doubt about that any more.
To start Corey is no longer a gamble, it's a smart/safe move. That's not to say Lou isn't a reliable goal tender, but his shelf life is a lot shorter than CS's, and it makes it makes strategic sense to keep Schneider. Long term and short term.

Stay they course for as long as his contract states. are we not here again in top spot? Regardless of the team meltdown collapse of last year, did he not bring us to the final dance? Are we not in a good position to give it another go this year?

The problem with some bandwagoneers here is their gift to panic and over react WAY too soon. It's not buyers remorse. It's about having a 4 year old Ferrari and trying to convince your wife that you need a new one because the windshield on your old one won't deflect bugs as well.

Is Schneider proven? No way in hell. He looks great, well composed and with padded stats made better from games like last night with the Ducks, looks like a hero. That is the convenience of being a backup goalie.

Put him under the spot light, give him Roberto's schedule, media pressure and responsibilities. Then we can honestly say he's proven. If you give him No1 next year will he do as well as Luongo? Not even close.

This rush to remove a goalie who is taking us this close, for a goalie that will take us a few steps backwards to get to where we are now is insane and can only suggest illiteracy to the sport of hockey. I'll put my faith in AV and MG. They see this as most real fans do.

And choke he will.

#195 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,386 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image

PBF020-Skub.gif

#196 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Stay they course for as long as his contract states. are we not here again in top spot? Regardless of the team meltdown collapse of last year, did he not bring us to the final dance? Are we not in a good position to give it another go this year?

The problem with some bandwagoneers here is their gift to panic and over react WAY too soon. It's not buyers remorse. It's about having a 4 year old Ferrari and trying to convince your wife that you need a new one because the windshield on your old one won't deflect bugs as well.

Is Schneider proven? No way in hell. He looks great, well composed and with padded stats made better from games like last night with the Ducks, looks like a hero. That is the convenience of being a backup goalie.

Put him under the spot light, give him Roberto's schedule, media pressure and responsibilities. Then we can honestly say he's proven. If you give him No1 next year will he do as well as Luongo? Not even close.

This rush to remove a goalie who is taking us this close, for a goalie that will take us a few steps backwards to get to where we are now is insane and can only suggest illiteracy to the sport of hockey. I'll put my faith in AV and MG. They see this as most real fans do.

Luongo will only decline from here, he just turned 33 and I guarantee his best years are now behind him. The smart decision would be to go with Schneider who is just coming into his prime. You value your own biased opinion way too highly, I don't understand why your opinion is more valid than anyone else......oh yeah because you type it in every post u make and anyone who doesn't share your biased opinion is a bandwagoner with no hockey knowledge....give me a break.

Edited by Kesler_smash, 04 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#197 Glory Days

Glory Days

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,875 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

After we win the Cup it will be hard to let either go. My thoughts which have nothing to do with what the Canucks will do.....is we move RL and Ballard and Raymond for Nash and Webber signs as UFA and we go with Cory and Lack.

Like I said though after we win the Cup we keep them both...neither will want to move.
Posted Image

When I get older I will be stronger,
they'll call me freedom just like a wavin flag

#198 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

I would suggest to you that the entire team got themselves there, and that if the Schneider of today was between the pipes, they would likely have had at least as much success. And would likely continue their winning ways for a longer stretch with a younger goaltender.

No. It's more like having two Ferraris, one that is four years old and one that is brand new, and telling your wife the old one is better than the new one because it has driven you more miles and is therefore more reliable, even when she knows that a car with less miles will likely last longer.

If he looked like a hero against the Ducks last night with his "padded" stats, what does that make Lou look like?
Corey's proven he is the real deal. Whether or not you want to accept that depends on whether or not you want to admit that you want to hang on to Lou no matter what the options are, to pad your stats, so to speak.

You have absolutely zero proof or evidence that that would be the case. He may do better than Luongo. You have no idea one way or the other.
Schneider has played very well under pressure. Lou is the one who has a history of folding under pressure. Granted, Lou has had a good season, but he always has slow starts and has a history of getting into his own head.

Illiteracy to the sport of hockey? I do not think that means what you think it means.
No one is rushing to chase Lou out of town. It is obvious, however, that both goaltenders won't be here for very much longer, and given a choice, there are those of us who believe that investing in the future means going with the younger player who has a longer shelf life. Does that require a bit of risk taking? yes, but it's a gamble that a lot of people feel good about, especially given Schneider's track record.
And his track record speaks for itself.

#199 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,418 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

lol if we trade Luongo and keep Schneider in a few years you guys will be all over Schneider just like you guys are all over Luongo right now.

Its inevitable. :picard:

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#200 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

After we win the Cup it will be hard to let either go. My thoughts which have nothing to do with what the Canucks will do.....is we move RL and Ballard and Raymond for Nash

Lol. Maybe throw in Gragnani and Sauve too? Any other junk you want to include? A 7th?

Now go ahead and force the players with NTC's to accept a trade to CBJ.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#201 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

lol if we trade Luongo and keep Schneider in a few years you guys will be all over Schneider just like you guys are all over Luongo right now.

The point being what? That pro athletes playing in sports mad cities get lots of attention? Alert the press!
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#202 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

And the bandwagoneer groupies will be stroking the next backup goalie to replace poor broken down Schneider.

And choke he will.

#203 SimplyHockey

SimplyHockey

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

After we win the Cup it will be hard to let either go. My thoughts which have nothing to do with what the Canucks will do.....is we move RL and Ballard and Raymond for Nash and Webber signs as UFA and we go with Cory and Lack.

Like I said though after we win the Cup we keep them both...neither will want to move.

Where will we get 15M a year for Nash and Weber
"If you win say nothing, if you lose say less."

#204 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,167 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Two legitimate #1s - no need to take sides (within a team) - it is a great tandem.

#205 Z3tt3rB3rg19

Z3tt3rB3rg19

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Luongo will only decline from here, he just turned 33 and I guarantee his best years are now behind him. The smart decision would be to go with Schneider who is just coming into his prime. You value your own biased opinion way too highly, I don't understand why your opinion is more valid than anyone else......oh yeah because you type it in every post u make and anyone who doesn't share your biased opinion is a bandwagoner with no hockey knowledge....give me a break.

What else do you see from that crystal ball you seem to be looking into?

#206 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

They'll be boo'ing him and the same bandwagoneer groupies will be crying to invest in the future with Lack. They will eat the ginger much faster than Lu and run him out of town.

And choke he will.

#207 Nuck_Fan11

Nuck_Fan11

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I think most people agree that Lu has tremendous amounts of pressure on him here and has been dealing with it pretty darn good. Price had a few meltdowns in MTL and Luongo has been pretty composed. I am not going to address the dump Luongo threads because they are idiotic. Cory has been playing very well... Is he as good as Luongo, not yet and who knows if he will be as a #1 goalie... time will tell. He will be gone next year because he deserves to start and get paid which he clearly will and we will wish him well.

Luongo's contract is great for the Canucks. 5.3 million cap hit is an excellent price for a top 5 goalie.

One thing that I need to get off my chest is the CoHo trade... Man I still can't believe how little we got for him. I understand if we need to trade him at the draft. Could we not get #1 Defenseman that our team lacks (Elder isn't there yet) by trading CoHo and Cory as a package?? Instead we will probably end up with Kassian and a unproven first round pick. I bet you if we Tampa would trade Hedman for CoHo and Cory. ( we probably could get a prospect too)

Hedman is not quite a #1 yet, but he will be... Ideally Shea Weber for CoHo & Cory would be godsent but don't think thats realistic.

Who here can name the last Stanley Cup Champions without a #1 defenseman?

Go Canucks!

Edited by Nuck_Fan11, 05 April 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#208 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,203 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Posted Image

You can view all of my CDC artwork in this thread:

http://forum.canucks...f-toni-zamboni/

Follow me on Twitter:  @Toni_Zamboni

#209 sdnucksfan

sdnucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

He has to get his shot at being a starting goalie and he won't get it here in Vancouver. And it's creating competitive but negative effects on the team especially going into the playoffs.

Luongo is our No.1 and deservedly so. He has brought us here again to the top. He has been the most consistent player for the team all year. Is he capable of choking a game or two? Yes. Like most goalies who never made it into the Playoffs or got eliminated on the way. Are we at the top because of bad goaltending?

Give Cory his shot and get rid of him this Summer. Many teams will grab him in a heartbeat. Is he better than Luongo? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Put him at the helm of starter, he won't fare so well I think. He still needs a few more seasons for that. His stats are great but mostly in part against teams management calculates he should be able to win in order for our No.1 to get rested.

My prediction is if they get rid of Cory, he will be a starter for whoever grabs him he'll possibly squeak his team into the playoffs (Or not) next year while Lu will bring us back into the top 3 next year.

Schneider can never take No.1 here. If he did, he would go the way of Snow or Cloutier. Loungo is the best we've ever had. Vancouver fans (Mostly bandwagoneers) will always find something to pick about no matter how good they have it. Without Lu, we would be doing exactly what Washington is doing right now. Struggling to stay in.

Let Cory go and lets move on. I doubt if we'll regret it in the next 2 to 3 years.

deservedly so? ive been stickin up for they guy all season, just look at my sig...his performance this season has made it awful hard to keep doing that, and hes consistenly looked out of sorts in the crease and consistently struggled all season...so ya hes the most consistent all right...hes had a few good games and looked really good from time to time but im sorry to say, schneider is looking much more at ease and has been consistently good than this entire season. canucks dont HAVE to do anything, cory is an rfa and we can match probably what any team is willing to offer unless a gm from some other team gets stupid and offers a rediculous amount. letting cory go and watching him backstop a team to a cup before lu does it for us would be very regretable.

#210 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

Keep both goalies.

Split starts, 41 a piece.

Hot hand is starter in the playoffs.

Boom! Problem solved.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows."
-Bieksa on Ryan Kesler's clothing line.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.