The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have To Dump Cory Schneider Like It Or Not.

NuckNuckNucks

Yeah I don't think it is fair to say Vancouver is a Goalie graveyeard either but we just haven't gotten stellar goaltending in the playoffs since Kirk Mclean. Luongo has been good at times in the playoffs but has had way too many meltdowns, none worse than the one in the Stanley Cup Finals last year.

The most mistaken and overused belief on the these forums.

King Richard played here 7 seasons, and Kirk McLean was here longer. McLean's tenure ended when his play faltered badly (poor save pct consistently his last year or two). He certainly didn't get run out of town unjustly.

Also, Luongo has already been here for years, and he could be here a lot longer.

Yeah I don't think it is fair to say Vancouver is a Goalie graveyeard either but we just haven't gotten stellar goaltending in the playoffs since Kirk Mclean. Luongo has been good at times in the playoffs but has had way too many meltdowns, none worse than the one in the Stanley Cup Finals last year.

This is exactly the mistake people make. So quick to say Luongo had a meltdown when clearly the entire team was in collapse. To the untrained eye, the convenient finger to point at is Roberto.

Schneider has all the benefits and convenience of being the backup goalie. Put him in No.1, give him the starter schedule, put the pressures of being the No.1 goalie and he will fail because he is not ready. He is not as good as Luongo.

And inevitably, he will get run out of town like the rest of our goalies in the past. It's a Vancouver tradition.

This is Vancouver. It is full of bandwagoneers that have no clue what hockey is and don't really care for the team. Not fans.

If Jesus played in net, they would find a way to crucify him.....And burn the city down.

Cory will be worth much more depending on how he performs during the Playoffs. He's a starter goalie for most teams in the league right now. But not good enough to be a starter in Vancouver. It will interesting to see what MG will do after the Playoffs.

Why are people soooo stupid?!? Luongo is great there is no taking that away from him but if the Canucks lose in the 1st/2nd round and a big reason is Luongo letting in 3-5 goals a game then I'm sorry but there is a 70/30 chance that we will ship Lui out. It would go to prove that we can't win with him in net and that this organization needs a player change in net. If luongo can lead us to Lord Stanley then he will stay for sure and we will ship out Cory. And the OP saying that Cory's stock will be risen if Cory can play magically in the playoffs is stupid.... If Cory has to come in for Lui and become the starter to lead us to the cup....you're going to trade him and keep Lui?? People thinking they know that Cory is gone for sure... or Luongo staying for sure is just ridiculous.

This is exactly the mistake people make. So quick to say Luongo had a meltdown when clearly the entire team was in collapse. To the untrained eye, the convenient finger to point at is Roberto.

Schneider has all the benefits and convenience of being the backup goalie. Put him in No.1, give him the starter schedule, put the pressures of being the No.1 goalie and he will fail because he is not ready. He is not as good as Luongo.

And inevitably, he will get run out of town like the rest of our goalies in the past. It's a Vancouver tradition.

This is Vancouver. It is full of bandwagoneers that have no clue what hockey is and don't really care for the team. Not fans.

If Jesus played in net, they would find a way to crucify him.....And burn the city down.

Sorry for the double post: Cory Schneider is pretty much a proven #1 goalie. He's played 31 games this season with a 1.97 GAA. You realize that the defensive coverage on this team has been absolute garbage the whole year? You can't argue with that fact. Cory has been thrown in a variety of situations. He's been thrown in these situations, all with terrible defensive coverage and he's coming out with a 1.97 GAA. He's had to play in front of guys like Keith "Bobby Orr" Ballard and he's not a #1 calibre. You're crazy.

But he'll never get starter in Vancouver. That is where the problem lies.

He's got some value. Especially if he performs his brilliant magic during the Playoffs, his stock will go up. MG I think is banking on this and will use it to his advantage this Summer. But Lu is our goalie. We have to stay the course.

My main problem is I think the team as a whole seems to play better in front of Schneider. Obviously nobody is going to say yeah we play differently depending on who is in net, but it does seem to be the case. I think both Lu and Schneider are great. If I had to choose one, I'd go with Schneider. However Lu has a no trade clause so not sure if he would be willing to leave anyway. Cory being traded though will bring in a very nice piece of the puzzle in winning a cup whereas with Lu you would only get a reasonable return

I love these people who are not Mike Gillis or Cory Schneider stating what Cory or the Canucks have to do. It's one thing to state an opinion it's another to go on a long rant like this repeating what everyone else has already said a thousand times over. If Cory wants to leave the team he will the thing is only Cory knows whether he wants to leave or not no one else does. So until Cory says so himself everyone should just calm the expletive down.

Archived