Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 12 votes

Canucks Have To Dump Cory Schneider Like It Or Not.

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#241 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,147 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

POPULAR

They are both good goalies. Ive been a Lu supporter all along, hate the way he is treated, but to turn around and treat schneider the same way is hypocritical. Goalies cant win in this town.

Heres the facts, Cory is younger and has a higher ceiling than Luongo as Cory hasnt hit his prime yet. And i think Cory battles harder. I love Lu and he is by far the best goalie this team has ever had, but how many goal line scrums the puck winds up under his pad in the net.

Cory has much greater potential, hes just not as far developed as majority thinks he is.

Besides u need A LOT more than just a good goalie to win cups. Look how many rings chris osgood has?

Enough with the negativity surrounding our players...

Schneider is a good goalie and will be an NHL starter, but we have no basis or evidence that says he'll be better than Luongo - just probability.

So the probability that this kid who has played some 58 regular season games, 1 playoff win and a good AHL career (which means nothing compared to the NHL as countless players have proven) will end up better than Luongo who is a top-10 ALL TIME goaltender in the NHL.

That's right, people forget how high up in the record books Luongo is. He'll finish his career top-10 if not higher in wins and shutouts, plus this guy performs in big games. He single-handedly won us Game 7 against Chicago, IMO this franchise's biggest win to date (if we lost that game this franchise becomes the league's laughing stock and we see the biggest rehaul to date). Oh and he also won Canada gold in a very close match, as well as dragging this team to Game 7 against Boston despite our team in front of him being brutally outplayed.

So basically, Schneider has to end up as a top-10 NHL goalie of all time to be better than Luongo. The probability of that happening is so slim, and that's the probability MG is going with if he trades Luongo and keeps Schneider. I don't like those odds at all, I'd much rather stick with Luongo.

Look at Boston - they had a Rask-Thomas problem, Rask "overthrew" Thomas one season, stunk it up the next and Thomas comes back despite being "washed up" and "too old", only to put up the best season ever by a goaltender and carry his team to a Cup.

Don't give up on Luongo - Boston didn't give up on their veteran goalie and look what happened. If we don't show loyalty to one of the game's best and this team's greatest goalie ever we will pay the price.
Posted Image

#242 Vancouver's comeback

Vancouver's comeback

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

POPULAR

I warned CDC and Canucks fans everywhere - the pressure of playing in Vancouver as a starter is COMPLETELY different to playing as a backup. Luongo is one of the best if not the best in the world at playing under pressure - he's done it and excelled in the Olympics where he had to outplay the game's best in Brodeur, then did it in the playoffs to carry this sorry team to Game 7 despite no offensive help.

Now he's replaced by Schneider because Schneider put up good numbers as a backup in spot starts with no mental or physical fatigue worries, but more importantly because the team played terribly in the Stanley Cup playoffs against L.A. Luongo played well in the first two games, Schneider didn't do much better (just won 1 game). This kid still has no experience compared to Luongo and it's showing now.

In 2013 we see Schneider, dubbed our starter (just because he played 3 games last playoffs, Luongo played 2 and AV particularly mentioned that it was due to the team's poor play and for change, not a swapping of the guard in net). Now he's playing with the pressure of a starting goaltender and has one of the worst statistics in the NHL.

Bombed out in one game, pitches a decent shutout in another and craps it once again against San Jose (even scored on himself on that Marleau goal). This inconsistency is exactly what everyone criticized Luongo of, how ironic that it's happening to the once "consistent, positionally perfect" Schneider. Schneider is nothing special and is definately NOT a better goaltender than Luongo. The only reason his numbers were fantastic the last two seasons was because he was playing behind the best team in the NHL and had a few spot starts here and there.

Cory Schneider, welcome to the pressure of a starting goaltender in the NHL. He clearly wasn't ready for this, and if he doesn't adapt soon he's the one that should be traded, not Luongo. We don't have another 3 seasons for him to get used to the pressure or our window will expire. Instead look to the goalie who is a proven starter already, and that's Luongo, not Schneider.

Trade Luongo now and this team closes it's Stanley Cup window.

You are a manifestation of the stupidity that seems to be the lifeblood of the majority of this fanbase. People who've likely never played hockey competitively at any level somehow convincing themselves they understand the intrinsics of the sport and know how to manage a hockey club. It's not hard to see why Canucks fans are hated so widely.
#BOSTONSTRONG
Hit first, ask questions second
Posted Image

#243 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Schneider is a good goalie and will be an NHL starter, but we have no basis or evidence that says he'll be better than Luongo - just probability.

So the probability that this kid who has played some 58 regular season games, 1 playoff win and a good AHL career (which means nothing compared to the NHL as countless players have proven) will end up better than Luongo who is a top-10 ALL TIME goaltender in the NHL.

That's right, people forget how high up in the record books Luongo is. He'll finish his career top-10 if not higher in wins and shutouts, plus this guy performs in big games. He single-handedly won us Game 7 against Chicago, IMO this franchise's biggest win to date (if we lost that game this franchise becomes the league's laughing stock and we see the biggest rehaul to date). Oh and he also won Canada gold in a very close match, as well as dragging this team to Game 7 against Boston despite our team in front of him being brutally outplayed.

So basically, Schneider has to end up as a top-10 NHL goalie of all time to be better than Luongo. The probability of that happening is so slim, and that's the probability MG is going with if he trades Luongo and keeps Schneider. I don't like those odds at all, I'd much rather stick with Luongo.

Look at Boston - they had a Rask-Thomas problem, Rask "overthrew" Thomas one season, stunk it up the next and Thomas comes back despite being "washed up" and "too old", only to put up the best season ever by a goaltender and carry his team to a Cup.

Don't give up on Luongo - Boston didn't give up on their veteran goalie and look what happened. If we don't show loyalty to one of the game's best and this team's greatest goalie ever we will pay the price.

You make some valid points, only time will tell

And i havent given up on lu, i know he will have success wherever he is

Edited by frazzY, 28 January 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#244 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

POPULAR

You are a manifestation of the stupidity that seems to be the lifeblood of the majority of this fanbase. People who've likely never played hockey competitively at any level somehow convincing themselves they understand the intrinsics of the sport and know how to manage a hockey club. It's not hard to see why Canucks fans are hated so widely.

Then you have the CDCer who is concerned only with belittling others while trying to sound intelligent, and those who think playing beer league hockey gives them a deep understanding of things :-D

#245 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

We should all just get along. As the brilliant Groucho Marx once exclaimed,"Those are my principles, dammit! & if you DON'T like'em..well, I have others!"

#246 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

POPULAR

There are a cross section of Canuck fans with bland and stolen opinions from other bland fans who live and die by local sports media babbling.

And variations of that fan theme.

One of which is you.

You are the failed Hockey jock that clings to his coulda-been Hockey dreams, which gives him/her some grandiose insight on how the NHL works.

And you totally kick-ass in all your Hockey pools...name drop pro Hockey players who you have brushed up against...and probably have a decent passing knowledge of the history of the game and your preferred team. If you are of a certain demographic, you probably play the living poop out of EA NHL.

In this context of 1 of the busiest NHL team message boards, you types astonishingly exhibit ham fisted, long winded, convoluted condescending, passive aggressive opinions about Canucks Hockey and anyone that doesnt agree with you because you foolishly hide behind those kinds of things. You are probably one of the biggest blowhards on HF Boards.

You are the kind of Canucks fan in the recent past of CDC that:
  • Wanted the Twins to be let go when they became UFA's after MG's first year. For such classic 'reasons' like the tired "they are too soft"
  • Thought that Kesler had hands of stone...and was a career 3rd liner. Same goes for Burrows.
  • That there should be a coaching change. Which is generally a constant opinion, no matter who it is coaching. Yep. Arniel would have totally taken this version of the Canucks to the Stanley Cup final.
  • Cherry picks negative stats to boost a non-argument, yet the raw historic info plainly illustrate differently.
There are sooooo many more examples of just flat out silly grievances. You aint special in your maligned opinions.

For arguments sake, suspending present day reality and context: If this shortened season was laid out in an elaborate tournament style of far less that 48 games with only a small opportunity to trade to improve your team. Would you really actually subtract 2 ridiculously strong pieces of defence?!

Im reaching there, but the scenario remains.

MG is pretty darn shrewd. His job is to maintain player personnel to have a winning team.

A tandem of Schnieds and Lu would give ANY team a chance to win it all in a shortened NHL season.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#247 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'm almost tempted to say, trade Schneider for another great forward, then ride Luongo and Lack, by the time Luongo retires, Lack will be at his prime.

#248 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

I'm almost tempted to say, trade Schneider for another great forward, then ride Luongo and Lack, by the time Luongo retires, Lack will be at his prime.

Well we have another problem with that.Lack is has a groin injury that hasn't healed .

#249 niklas

niklas

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Lp

#250 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

POPULAR

Luongo is not a top 10 all-time goalie over Roy, Hasek, Parent, Brodeur, Plante, Sawchuk, Dryden, Hall, Bower, Belfour, Esposito, Fuhr, Hainsworth, Durnan...you're taking your Luongo love to new heights DownUnda.

Also, if you're using Boston as your example then you believe Schneider should start the rest of this year to see if your theory holds true? Schneider doesn't have to surpass Luongo's prime to be starter, just has to outplay Luongo now and, in case you haven't noticed, it's been 5 games. We've got a small sample size so far.

For somebody who defends Luongo so furiously for having a bad game or the D playing poorly in front of him, you don't give Schneider the same benefit of the doubt. He outplayed Luongo against the Kings; you can't call playoff games against the eventual champs 'spot games'. He earned his role to start the season, and it hasn't been a long enough determination period to say he's unfit for the #1 gig.

I can sum it up like this: What would you be saying if Luongo was having his usual bad start and people were calling for Schneider? Answer me that.

As somebody who's more of a Luongo fan than a Schneider fan, I think it's hilarious when people put their favourite players above the team. Luongo's my favourite goalie of all-time, but I can recognize we've got a younger goalie with loads of potential who has earned a shot this season.
Posted Image

#251 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,214 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Luongo is not a top 10 all-time goalie over Roy, Hasek, Parent, Brodeur, Plante, Sawchuk, Dryden, Hall, Bower, Belfour, Esposito, Fuhr, Hainsworth, Durnan...you're taking your Luongo love to new heights DownUnda.

Also, if you're using Boston as your example then you believe Schneider should start the rest of this year to see if your theory holds true? Schneider doesn't have to surpass Luongo's prime to be starter, just has to outplay Luongo now and, in case you haven't noticed, it's been 5 games. We've got a small sample size so far.

For somebody who defends Luongo so furiously for having a bad game or the D playing poorly in front of him, you don't give Schneider the same benefit of the doubt. He outplayed Luongo against the Kings; you can't call playoff games against the eventual champs 'spot games'. He earned his role to start the season, and it hasn't been a long enough determination period to say he's unfit for the #1 gig.

I can sum it up like this: What would you be saying if Luongo was having his usual bad start and people were calling for Schneider? Answer me that.

As somebody who's more of a Luongo fan than a Schneider fan, I think it's hilarious when people put their favourite players above the team. Luongo's my favourite goalie of all-time, but I can recognize we've got a younger goalie with loads of potential who has earned a shot this season.

Newflash - Schneider isn't a top 10 goalie right now neither - and I mean that in just the current season.

Yes...it's only 5 games - but it's also only 5 games for all those goalies that are doing better than him.

Edited by Heretic, 28 January 2013 - 10:50 AM.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#252 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Newflash - Schneider isn't a top 10 goalie right now neither - and I mean that in just the current season. Did I ever say he was?

Yes...it's only 5 games - but it's also only 5 games for all those goalies that are doing better than him. Exactly?

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 28 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image

#253 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I agree with the OP mostly. As far as I'm concerned both goalies are on the market. Which ever one fetches the better deal for us goes. Simple as that....

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#254 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Tonight should have been a 3-2 win for the Canucks. Another game squandered do to blind faith in an unproved and inexperienced goalie named Schneider.

No Gaurentee that Loungo would have faired much better. Seriously two give aways by your top Dmen to start the game Lappy untimly penalty. 0-7 On the powerplay.And if our players learned to hit the net ,not the post then yes we would have won.
Don't get wrong here Nucks! I respect your opinion. What do you need to see in a goaltender to prove his worth? I look at it another way. When Lui Played with Florida at 22 years of age. Do you think Lui was too young and inexperience to bring up?When he was traded here at 26 he Never played on an NHL team that finished above .500 Never played in a hockey mad city before And never played in a Stanley Cup playoff game until he came here. To a point Nuck Loungo also came here unproven with no playoff expereince.
We don't know what Schnieder career is going to be.But at the same time we don't want to see another Goaltender like Mclean who after taking us to the finals and in two years as his skills declined. Not every goaltender can play as long or as consistent as a Marty Broduer.
Unproven and inexperience? You have to restock and get younger at some point. Carey Price was a starter at 21. Edmonton took a chance on goaltenders like Moog who was 20 and Fuhr was 19,Both young and inexperience. But learned to get better as years went on.
Ken Dryden only had 6 games under his belt and was made the starting goaltender for Montreal for their playoff run. Patrick Roy won a cup at 21 years with only 4o odd games under his belt after coming out of Major Jr with a GAA OVER 5 the year before. We don't have say much about Brouder. Hey we can say the same thing about Fluery in Pittsburg. Do you think if a Gm was worrying about unproven and experience do you think those teams would have won those cups if Montreal had Roy in the farm system until he's 24 or 25, same with Fuhr,Moog ,FlueryBelfour, and Broduer with their respective teams? I'll tell ya it wasn't always smooth for them either. Not saying Cory is going to take us to the cup,But its also his first year as a starter. What does a goalie need to be proven . How much games or seasons in your mind would be called experienced?

#255 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Sample size, gents. That and patience.
Just sayin'.

no duh.

You win the internet, EOM.

#256 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

So you think other fan bases have better hockey knowledge than the Canucks? I'm pretty sure they don't hold the title for ignorant fans in the NHL.

I think the reason Canuck fans are disliked is because there are so many of them and they tend to overwhelm any forum they go to.

I personally have issues with them because they give up on their team so easily.

#257 "Bull" Horvat

"Bull" Horvat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

What if all this time... Gillis was designing a plan to raise his stock and trade him for Bjugstad Kulikov !

Edited by HowWeiseAreYou, 28 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

Posted Image

#258 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

No Gaurentee that Loungo would have faired much better. Seriously two give aways by your top Dmen to start the game Lappy untimly penalty. 0-7 On the powerplay.And if our players learned to hit the net ,not the post then yes we would have won.
Don't get wrong here Nucks! I respect your opinion. What do you need to see in a goaltender to prove his worth? I look at it another way. When Lui Played with Florida at 22 years of age. Do you think Lui was too young and inexperience to bring up?When he was traded here at 26 he Never played on an NHL team that finished above .500 Never played in a hockey mad city before And never played in a Stanley Cup playoff game until he came here. To a point Nuck Loungo also came here unproven with no playoff expereince.
We don't know what Schnieder career is going to be.But at the same time we don't want to see another Goaltender like Mclean who after taking us to the finals and in two years as his skills declined. Not every goaltender can play as long or as consistent as a Marty Broduer.
Unproven and inexperience? You have to restock and get younger at some point. Carey Price was a starter at 21. Edmonton took a chance on goaltenders like Moog who was 20 and Fuhr was 19,Both young and inexperience. But learned to get better as years went on.
Ken Dryden only had 6 games under his belt and was made the starting goaltender for Montreal for their playoff run. Patrick Roy won a cup at 21 years with only 4o odd games under his belt after coming out of Major Jr with a GAA OVER 5 the year before. We don't have say much about Brouder. Hey we can say the same thing about Fluery in Pittsburg. Do you think if a Gm was worrying about unproven and experience do you think those teams would have won those cups if Montreal had Roy in the farm system until he's 24 or 25, same with Fuhr,Moog ,FlueryBelfour, and Broduer with their respective teams? I'll tell ya it wasn't always smooth for them either. Not saying Cory is going to take us to the cup,But its also his first year as a starter. What does a goalie need to be proven . How much games or seasons in your mind would be called experienced?

Nicely put.

I think in all honesty, the frustration comes with Luongo's contract. We have the guy for 12 years. Was there anything in that contract that stated we would have to win the Cup within 4? What a joke bandwagoneers are here in Vancouver. The man has consistently put us at the top of the pile yet they scream inconsistent. I think with Luongo as our No.1 would get us Stanley in the next 2 seasons. I highly doubt Boston was the pinnacle.

What logic is at work for putting a talented but unproven goalie to replace Luongo just because we came within a game of hoisting the Stanley? What logic is at work for replacing a goalie that has consistently taken us to the dance? What logic is at work for replacing a the best goalie in Canuck history? The team wins, Kudos go to the team, the team plays like crap all is dumped on Luongo. That was the only consistency I observed. Instead of supporting the guy, they pile on enormous negativity and criticism on his shoulders. What goalie goes through that kind of unnecessary pressure?

Maybe the bandwagoneers would much prefer seeing the Nucks on the golf course during the Playoffs. That's where they are heading.

If Luongo can perform under this much hate and pressure, just imagine how much better Luongo would perform had he had a supportive fan base.

I feel bad for Schneider. He'll never reach Luongo's pinnacle. Imagine what the bandwagoneers will do to him in 2 seasons. It's what Vancouver is. What a riot.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#259 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Canucks potentially have 2 sieves in net. May take a few more games to confirm. The best goalie tandem in the NHL ?? What a laugher.

#260 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Canucks potentially have 2 sieves in net. May take a few more games to confirm. The best goalie tandem in the NHL ?? What a laugher.

Is this a joke?
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#261 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

People need to realize that Luongo's time here has ended. He will be moved soon, like it or not. MG has chosen that he wants to go with the younger and maybe potentially better Cory Schneider. Luongo was a great goalie and played awesome, but someone has stolen that job from him. He can either win it back, or start fresh somewhere else.
Posted Image

#262 thirtyfive35

thirtyfive35

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

In my opinion, Luongo isn't top 10 in anything until he wins something. Jennings trophies don't count. And Canada would have won that gold medal, regardless of who was in net. In fact, Luongo almost blew it by letting USA tie it in the dying seconds (something that Luongo is well known for).

He didn't carry the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Finals, and again, almost blew it against the Hawks in the first round.

I am not leaning towards Schneider or Luongo, I just can't stand to listen to Luongo fan-boys praising Luongo for all that he has done, when in reality, he has zero noteworthy awards, and most importantly, has proven to be unable to get the job done in the playoffs.

#263 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I don't understand why the goalie saga.... the team has two very competitive goalies and they can both be starters (CS still needs to prove he can can last an entire season as a starter though).

I believe when the right player(s) come on the market and the trade will favor us for whatever reason might be, MG will most likely trade either one in order to achieve or try to achieve the ultimate goal which is the SC... At the moment I don't think we can trade Lu or Cory since we don't have a real backup goalie...
Posted Image

#264 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

In my opinion, Luongo isn't top 10 in anything until he wins something. Jennings trophies don't count. And Canada would have won that gold medal, regardless of who was in net. In fact, Luongo almost blew it by letting USA tie it in the dying seconds (something that Luongo is well known for).

He didn't carry the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Finals, and again, almost blew it against the Hawks in the first round.

I am not leaning towards Schneider or Luongo, I just can't stand to listen to Luongo fan-boys praising Luongo for all that he has done, when in reality, he has zero noteworthy awards, and most importantly, has proven to be unable to get the job done in the playoffs.

What you say here could have happened to any goalie not just Lu... unfortunately fans only look at the bad and not the good aspects of a player... Just think about how many points we actually made last year along during the last stretch of the season due to the teams inability to score... Last season our PP dried up, our offense dried up and we kept on going to a OT/SO pretty much every game getting at least one point per game....
Posted Image

#265 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

...Hopefully this is just Sarcasm !!!!!

#266 Vancouver's comeback

Vancouver's comeback

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

There are a cross section of Canuck fans with bland and stolen opinions from other bland fans who live and die by local sports media babbling.

And variations of that fan theme.

One of which is you.

You are the failed Hockey jock that clings to his coulda-been Hockey dreams, which gives him/her some grandiose insight on how the NHL works.

And you totally kick-ass in all your Hockey pools...name drop pro Hockey players who you have brushed up against...and probably have a decent passing knowledge of the history of the game and your preferred team. If you are of a certain demographic, you probably play the living poop out of EA NHL.

In this context of 1 of the busiest NHL team message boards, you types astonishingly exhibit ham fisted, long winded, convoluted condescending, passive aggressive opinions about Canucks Hockey and anyone that doesnt agree with you because you foolishly hide behind those kinds of things. You are probably one of the biggest blowhards on HF Boards.

You are the kind of Canucks fan in the recent past of CDC that:

• Wanted the Twins to be let go when they became UFA's after MG's first year. For such classic 'reasons' like the tired "they are too soft"
  • Thought that Kesler had hands of stone...and was a career 3rd liner. Same goes for Burrows.
  • That there should be a coaching change. Which is generally a constant opinion, no matter who it is coaching. Yep. Arniel would have totally taken this version of the Canucks to the Stanley Cup final.
  • Cherry picks negative stats to boost a non-argument, yet the raw historic info plainly illustrate differently.
There are sooooo many more examples of just flat out silly grievances. You aint special in your maligned opinions.

For arguments sake, suspending present day reality and context: If this shortened season was laid out in an elaborate tournament style of far less that 48 games with only a small opportunity to trade to improve your team. Would you really actually subtract 2 ridiculously strong pieces of defence?!

Im reaching there, but the scenario remains.

MG is pretty darn shrewd. His job is to maintain player personnel to have a winning team.

A tandem of Schnieds and Lu would give ANY team a chance to win it all in a shortened NHL season.

I like how you seem to think that making all manner of entirely baseless assumptions and presenting it as the textual diarrhea that was your post somehow gives validity to your defense. I could go and refute the claims you made, but it would be an exercise in futility, a vicious circle if you will, as the only substantiation to be found is in your own head- a place that can continually churn out more of the same bull that you just provided me with. Address the point or don't bother responding at all.

Though I find it amusing you would bring up 'cherry picking stats'. People who bring up stats are the antithesis of what I'm championing, the type of people incapable of analyzing the game themselves... In fact you more or less described what I was attacking.

Posted Image

Edited by bardown, 28 January 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#BOSTONSTRONG
Hit first, ask questions second
Posted Image

#267 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Tonight should have been a 3-2 win for the Canucks. Another game squandered do to blind faith in an unproved and inexperienced goalie named Schneider.

:lol:

Your hilarious, looking back at your OP it is easy to tell now that were dead wrong.

Trading Cory would have been a colossal mistake.

Big Lu fan but I wish him well, moving forward with Cory is the best thing for us.

zackass.png

#268 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Huge Luongo fan (And it pains me to admit it) but he isn't top 10 of all time, he hasn't won enough, in order to be a top 10 he would likely half to be a HHOFer, and with without a Stanley Cup or Vezina to his name, I just can't see it.

Luongo has had his opportunities, and hasn't delivered. It's Cory's time.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 28 January 2013 - 06:51 PM.

zackass.png

#269 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

the safe route is let them fight it out like last yr, but the main prob this yr is booth and kes injury

if MG cant find a trading partner, doesnt make sense to let lui go

cory is still unproven as #1, that is able to carry the entire nhl season in a hockey craze market. he prob can do it, but betting on that without a track record is not the smartest thing to do when the team is capable of winning a cup.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.