Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Hodgson Could Break Nhl Record This Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Cody Hodgson is on pace to play 83 games this season, including 48 on the road. According to Elias Sports Bureau, Hodgson’s 48 road games in one season would be an NHL record. The current record is 47, held by Darryl Sydor (1995-96) and Niklas Hagman (2005-06). The most road games by a player who spent part of the season in Buffalo is currently 46 (Mike Foligno, 1981-82).

Link: http://sabres.nhl.co...ost.htm?id=7788

;)

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#2 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Av planned this.

#3 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Kassian is a bust, Hodgson is playing way more road games this year. :frantic:

#4 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Kassian is a bust, Hodgson is playing way more road games this year. :frantic:

:lol:

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#5 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

WOW, congratulations, Cody! You're so great and I miss you!

Jokesssss.
Posted Image

#6 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Who?

#7 nuxforever

nuxforever

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hodgson will go down in the record books.....good for him
Posted Image

waiting for the day to hear the announcer say........"As the clock winds down. They have done it! Ladies and Gentleman, Your Vancouver Canucks are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

#8 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hodgsons going to be one of the best players in the NHL in the next year or two.

Good for him, I will still be cheering.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#9 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hodgsons going to be one of the best players in the NHL in the next year or two.

You're definitely special, Ed.
Posted Image

#10 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

who cares

jk
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#11 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Ahh, yes. The highly touted, highly coveted "Most road games played by a player who spent part of their season in Buffalo" record. This truly is a momentous occasion.
/me giving a sh*t

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#12 JoshuaGuy

JoshuaGuy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ahh, yes. The highly touted, highly coveted "Most road games played by a player who spent part of their season in Buffalo" record. This truly is a momentous occasion.
/me giving a sh*t

Has nothing to do with "In Buffalo".
/me giving a sh*t
Posted Image

#13 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Can anyone explain what this means?

This seems like a misprint when there are 82 games in a season and yet they say there's 83. o.O

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#14 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

This seems like a misprint when there are 82 games in a season and yet they say there's 83. o.O

At the time he was traded, he had played all the games for the Canucks, who had played one more than the Sabres. He's now played every game with the Sabres, and assuming he doesn't get hurt/scratched, he'll have played the full regular season plus that game in hand they had on us, hence it being 83.
Posted Image

#15 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,587 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

He was traded to Sabres where the Sabres played one less game than the Canucks at that time so Hodgson has to play one extra game this season.

Edited by Vintage Canuck., 03 April 2012 - 05:20 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#16 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

You posted this in General Hockey Discussion so I give you credit for that.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#17 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

At the time he was traded, he had played all the games for the Canucks, who had played one more than the Sabres. He's now played every game with the Sabres, and assuming he doesn't get hurt/scratched, he'll have played the full regular season plus that game in hand they had on us, hence it being 83.

He was traded to Sabres where the Sabres played one less game than the Canucks at that time so Hodgson has to play one extra game this season.

Thanks for the explanations from you two. Now I completely understand too! YAY!

Makes sense now.

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Posted Image

#18 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the explanations from you two. Now I completely understand too! YAY!

That "YAY!" played in my head in Jersey Shore Deena's voice.
Posted Image

#19 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

That "YAY!" played in my head in Jersey Shore Deena's voice.

What is this.. I don't even... :P

Posted Image

#20 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

You're definitely special, Ed.

How's Kesler doing?

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#21 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

How's Kesler doing?

Better than Hodgson?

One is a 2nd line center about to be eliminated by the Leafs, one is a 2nd line center who is hoping to win the President's trophy.

Oh yeah, he also has more goals, more assists, a better +/- and more hits in fewer games.

#22 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Still a bad trade. Got nothing against Kassian but you can't tell me it was Cody or nothing. Rather Schroder and a 1st. Also Sulzer has been very good addition, I don't think the Canucks gave him much of a chance. But they'll play the crap out of MAG so he can get his RFA status though. /facepalm.

#23 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

He's on pace to play 83 games this season?
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#24 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

At least that's what his agent says - that he is in a class with Stamkos - not sure that is quite true, but no doubt they'll want a comparable contract...

#25 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Still a bad trade. Got nothing against Kassian but you can't tell me it was Cody or nothing. Rather Schroder and a 1st. Also Sulzer has been very good addition, I don't think the Canucks gave him much of a chance. But they'll play the crap out of MAG so he can get his RFA status though. /facepalm.

Speculation says Cody asked for a trade. On top of that, it has been confirmed that Cody's AGENT ASKED ALAIN VIGNEAULT TO GIVE HODGSON MORE MINUTES. You have to earn your way on this team, that's a huge part of why the team has been so good since Gillis took over.

Were you about to play Sulzer over Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler or Salo? Probably not, eh.

Kassian is a whole year younger and is better for this team short term and long term. Not to mention it made room for Pahlsson who is a much more capable 3rd line center at this point than Coho.

#26 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

At least that's what his agent says - that he is in a class with Stamkos - not sure that is quite true, but no doubt they'll want a comparable contract...

HAHAHAHA.

#27 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,612 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

The only record he'll ever come close to.

#28 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

How's Kesler doing?

Would you rather have traded Kesler? Lmao.
Posted Image

#29 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Speculation says Cody asked for a trade. On top of that, it has been confirmed that Cody's AGENT ASKED ALAIN VIGNEAULT TO GIVE HODGSON MORE MINUTES. You have to earn your way on this team, that's a huge part of why the team has been so good since Gillis took over.

Were you about to play Sulzer over Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler or Salo? Probably not, eh.

Kassian is a whole year younger and is better for this team short term and long term. Not to mention it made room for Pahlsson who is a much more capable 3rd line center at this point than Coho.

1. This trade went against everything Gillis said he wouldn't do.††He said he would not allow players dictate the moves he made, nor would he cave in to the pressure to get bigger just to compete with bigger teams.2. Sulzer is at best a 6-8 d man here, so no i would not give gim top 4 minutes.††I'd give him the minutes MAG is getting now though.3. Kassain is not a better fit now, in the future maybe but not now.††As for Pahlsson it was a good pickup but its not like Lappy, Manny, Pahlsson, or Coho can't play wing.††Don't think for a second that none of the centers won't get injured during this playoffs.If you wanted to get rid of CoHo I am sure we can all agree that you could of got more in return, that's why i think this is a bad trade.††Vancouver got lesser talent in return.Why are these forums so bad? Can't post paragraphs or am I missing something.

Edited by Tokasmoka, 03 April 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#30 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Would you rather have traded Kesler? Lmao.

I was just asking how Kesler is doing this year.

What do you think? Doesnt Hodgson have more points last little while?

Oh yeah he does. Don't get mad, just sayin'

Edited by Special Ed, 03 April 2012 - 06:48 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.