The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juices Maintence Days Have Another A Reason?

savagespeaks

We all know Kevin is taking "maintence" days, partially because of the long road last year, and playing 76 already this year. But do you think it may also be do to the fact that Marc-Andre Gragnani needs a certain amount of games to play in playoffs? I remember during the chicago game (i think) Ray Ferraro mentioned that at that point in time, he needed 7 more games to be eligable to play in playoffs.

Just a thought

Gragnani has to play a certain # of games to reach RFA status. If he doesn't play enough games he will be a Group 6 UFA. As far as I know his eligibility in the playoffs has nothing to do with the # of games he has to play.

so you're saying that Bieksa is sitting out to give Gragnani some ice time even though both of them had been playing games at the same time before his absence?

I swear it's been confirmed that he had a bit of an injury that he and the organisation felt it best to rest him and get him 100% ready for the playoffs. He can be a beast in the playoffs, and is the exact type of player we will need 100% if we want another long run. We seem to be on a roll right now, so why not rest some of our players. We're not playing for much right now. I know some people will say we are playing for the presidents trophy, but i dont care about that. Thats not the trophy that players talk about every year....

Gragnani has to play a certain # of games to reach RFA status. If he doesn't play enough games he will be a Group 6 UFA. As far as I know his eligibility in the playoffs has nothing to do with the # of games he has to play.

Archived