The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

He is inconsistent. period.

What I do not understand is why some of the fans of this team see fit to demonize ANYONE who dares stand up and speak the obvious.

I swear, there are trolls in this forum paid to disrupt any thread which slightly criticize Luongo in any way. It's pathetic. If the guy plays like shat, we should all be able to admit it.. after all HE DID TONIGHT !!!!!

He admitted he didn't play well, yet the fktards are out in full force propping him up like he's Henrik Lundqvists b!tch. :rolleyes:

Luongo is a great goaltender. Nobody doubts it.

Having said that, he's been here for 6 years now, and recently signed a deal for $64 MILLION DOLLARS

The team prodded into the stanley cup final last year only to have him completely dissolve under pressure in Boston.

0-3, 8.05 GAA, 0.773 Save percentage. *Pulled in Games 4 and 6

That, plus his historic meltdowns vs. Chicago in recent years, PLUS the fact he has a tendency to allow goals in the last minutes of games/periods (OLYMPICS ANYONE?) = why fans were cheering for Schneider tonight....

'Cause the kid GETS SHAT DONE.

GO CANUCKS!!!

I am a big time Cory fan and on a personal level I would love to see him be our #1 next year. That being said......

What happened when Luongo got pulled was a joke. We are less than a week from the post season and that is how we thank our #1 for a 6 game win streak in which a case could be argued that he was the first star in almost every game he played. Since January Luongo has been destroying the league with his phenomenal play and our so called fans react by chastising him at their first opportunity.

This is why the majority of our mainstream fans in this city suck. They have a god awful mentality towards our players, they have no respect for the hard work and dedication all of them put into the game and these "fans" have ZERO hockey knowledge. Yes every team has their true hockey fans, ones who understand and respect the game etc. Yes, every team also has it's moron fans as well, but it has become more than evident that our mainstream fans are half as loyal and twice as stupid in comparison to the fans of other teams. Maybe it's the city's culture, maybe it's because of a high % of new Canadians in this city who may not fully understand the game and are just trying to fit in, and maybe it's just because everyone in this city is really baked off of that famous 'BC Bud'. Whatever the reason for it, our fans are displaying some of the most shameful acts possible and unlike the riots, this is clearly the majority of fans being involved and not a select few.

Long story short:

-We have two exceptional goalies. This is one of those GOOD PROBLEMS you hear about. Try to appreciate the situation we are in.

-We are one week away from the playoffs

-The average, mainstream Canucks fan is an insult to the game of hockey

The team feeds off of fan support and right before the playoffs is not the time to stop fully supporting the team. Support anyone on the ice in a Canucks uniform and start creating a better name/culture around being a Canucks fan. Last night was an embarrassment to say the least.

Everyone on Twitter and many writers are calling us 'idiots' and classless for booing him - again. But everyone seems to forget when other fans around the league boo their team/goalie, sigh. I just felt horrible for Luongo in his post-game interview though - I understand a lot of people are 'drunk' (exactly how drunk, not sure), add to it that many were cheering for Schneids when he was coming on but still, not cool man ..

It's pretty obvious that Vancouver fans are getting a bad rep (ie Bob McKenzie calling them 'melodramatic')....We have some of the worst (and the best) fans.Other cities look on in aghast as we boo one of our better players.Even at Rogers Arena,we don't cheer the team on anymore,we're just reactionary.Too bad..it did'nt always used to be that way.

If and when the Canucks are eliminated through devine intervention,I don't think we'll get much sympathy from other fans or media in other cities across the league.

What else should I expect from the same city that booed TEAM CANADA in 1972?!?!?!?

One might think we'd grown up since then, but the goalie grave yard and two riots later it's clear we have not.

All of this equals no Stanley Cup and it looks good on you idiots that booed last night.

It's pretty obvious that Vancouver fans are getting a bad rep (ie Bob McKenzie calling them 'melodramatic')....We have some of the worst (and the best) fans.Other cities look on in aghast as we boo one of our better players.Even at Rogers Arena,we don't cheer the team on anymore,we're just reactionary.Too bad..it did'nt always used to be that way.

If and when the Canucks are eliminated through devine intervention,I don't think we'll get much sympathy from other fans or media in other cities across the league.

I hate things like this. Videos of people burning jerseys, kicking them on the street, yaddda yadda.

F-ME, I would GLADLY take a jersey off your hands if all you're going to do is rip it. Or burn it, what-ever.

Anyway being on point, was pretty classless, what sucks even more is isn't today his birthday? Yeah.

We should trade teams with Toronto for just one day so they (Lu/MayRay haters) really have something to complain about. That way people will realize how good we have it and hopefully that'll make them appreciate the Canucks more.

you mean the retarded corporate fans in Rogers Arena? for one of the quietest crowd in hockey.. they sure knows how to boo.. Even if we are winning like 5-0 or something and he gives up a goal.. the idiots here will complain about how he can't shut the door and get the shutout

Eff you OP. I was at the game and was def cheering when Lou got pulled. We all paid money for our tix and can cheer or yell if we want. Lou is a plug. He played bad and I'm glad Rogers arena let him know. This province has grown tired of his poor play and we all know Cory is the better tender. We won't win the cup with Lou and Vancouver fans have come to realize this. I'd bench Lou starting thurs..

You can say he's done alot for the city but I don't see a cup ring on hos finger.., only a riot which he indirectly caused with his brilliant play during the most important series of his life..

Go schnieds!!! Nucks for the cup!!

to me the loungo jersey was almost as bad as a flames one lol. i paid for it so i can do whatever to it. at least i ruined my own property that night and not the city of van.

also what i dont understand is why all the lou supporters cant admit when hes off.cory came in, made SAVES, the team played better, and we won.  i could care less how amazing lou is in stretches during the regular season, his playoff performances are what define him. he can be great but also very bad.. to win a cup you gotta be consistent. all i hope for is that AV has the balls to pull him before its too late. this playoff run is gunna either result in lou winning the cup and schnieds being traded, or lou craptin the bed, schnieds coming in and winning, and lou is off to flordia or whoever wants his 10 years left on his contract.. prolly the latter,,, if not ill shut up and give lou the credit ..

Saying things like this make you just as bad as me or fans you critique. I'm a huge nucks fan but I'm tired of loungo. I ripped my lou jersey in half after the game 7 loss and no, I didn't riot. I'll continue to cheer schnieds cuz I think he's a better tender and has yet to meltdown 3 years in a row

Archived