The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

It's much like Louie in shootouts (worst shootout 'tender evarrrrr). Last night:

Anaheim: Two shooters, one goal. CS with a .500 save %.

Vancouver: Three shooters, three goals. 100% shooting %.

Has Louie ever gotten three goals of support on three shots in a shootout?

I agree that fans totally overreacted since we're sitting in first and have played well as of late.

However, it's good to see Schneids come to the rescue. We all know when Lu struggles, he let's in a flurry of quick goals. AV saw this coming and settled things down. So how can anyone complain about AV's decision? They won.

Expect this more in the playoffs if Lu breaks down.

Not to get off topic but it's not like the Russians didn't have their dirty tricks like calling the players rooms all night the night before games so they couldn't get any sleep and things of that nature, not to mention how proficiant the Russians were in their "stick work".

Sure as fan you every right to booo and cheer who you want but ask yourself "Is it productive?" how often do you think negative reinforcment works? You're reaping what you sow and karma has been biting hockey fans in the ass in this city for a very long time. I've never in my life in all my travels and especially in Canada met a group of people with such an entitlement complex and elitest attitude as many hockey fan's here.

Quite frankly it's a joke and an embarrassment to not just yourselves (idiots that booed and condone it here) but the city in general and all the good fans. Time for some serious soul searching folks.

Luo gets hung out to dry by inept d men.

Nobody but AV admonishes Booth. Kesler just keeps floating along without admonition or crowd reaction.

Luo has held this team in for more games than the team deserved to win this year.

Kes,Booth and Gragnani's play just plain sucked -without any crowd response.

Sure, why not. That's what they do most of the time anyways. Bieksa even called them out for not being loud enough. They sit all game not cheering then when this happens they start getting loud? Pretty selective if you ask me.

The thing I dont understand is that how can people side with a guy (schneider) who is american and from the boston area on top of that, over Luongo who will forever be etched into Canadian sports lore winning the gold medal on home soil. Gragnani was the reason for 3 goals, but Luongo gets the blame. Cory Perry allowed to walk right in? Are you kidding, thats Corey freakin Perry, Schneider wouldn't make that save either. How many saves did schneider have to make after he came in? 6? Nice of the team to finally start playing after Luongo gets pulled, where's his support? The team also goes 3 for 3 in the shootout, I dont remember the last time they did that for Luongo. Anyways, Gillis confirmed Luongo's the starter for Game 1 in the playoffs, just like last year, we'll all forget who Schneider is during the playoffs.

Do we really need to do this? Throw one of our own under the bus for the other? They (the goaltenders themselves) don't do that, I'm unsure as to why fans feel they must. It isn't one against the other, it's two against the other teams. They are united and are a support to one another, it's not a competition.

I don't care if CS's from Mars....he's been a brilliant back up and there is no need to find fault with him, especially if it's ridiculous stuff like where he was born. How does that make him any less a teammate? It doesn't. I love both of our goalies and hate when fans feel the need to crucify one to "select" the other.

I'm glad he reposted that........the boos started as soon as the goal was scored.......the boos were directed at the team, not Luongo, just as I suspected.......the crying about booing Luongo is a non-issue as far as I am concerned. I loved the cheer for CS though

The point I guess is that there is no way way to determine that and say with any conviction that the boos were aimed at the team. With the timing of them, it just wasn't obvious and I hate people who feel the need to boo at anytime. How does it help to do that? It simply adds more negativity and that's always a great way to fire someone up (not). So the message wasn't as clear as you make it out to be.

I, too however, loved the cheer for CS.

Im not a luongo fan, i prefer scheinds, but anyone who thinks luongo was to blame for any goals allowed last game is a retard.

go back watch the highlights, ask yourself what was alberts thinking on the perry goal?

what was gragnani thinking on the other goals??? out of position on 3 goals? are you kidding me???? bench this guy asap!

I'm not an nhl goalie, but i imagine its pretty tough to stop a guy all alone in the front of the net cause your d is totally out of position.

the only reason we have a goalie debate is the media............ in all the talks and debates on sportsnet etc, all they care about is the 4 goals on 15 shots, no mention of bad defensive play.....

Do we really need to do this? Throw one of our own under the bus for the other? They (the goaltenders themselves) don't do that, I'm unsure as to why fans feel they must. It isn't one against the other, it's two against the other teams. They are united and are a support to one another, it's not a competition.

I don't care if CS's from Mars....he's been a brilliant back up and there is no need to find fault with him, especially if it's ridiculous stuff like where he was born. How does that make him any less a teammate? It doesn't. I love both of our goalies and hate when fans feel the need to crucify one to "select" the other.

Two of the goals were because guys missed their checks and left Luongo to fend for himself. If the team played better defensively around him, then he wouldn't have gotten pulled.

It was another case of the Canucks getting lazy because they didn't respect the other team's skill. Once they were down, then they decided to play harder.

He was pulled to wake up the team, and it did. The booing / cheering was childish and inappropriate.

Kind of stupid to boo him off on his birthday:(

If Gragnani could have been pulled instead of Lungo that would suit me. Gragnani was a complete liability on the ice!

Two of the goals were because guys missed their checks and left Luongo to fend for himself. If the team played better defensively around him, then he wouldn't have gotten pulled.

It was another case of the Canucks getting lazy because they didn't respect the other team's skill. Once they were down, then they decided to play harder.

He was pulled to wake up the team, and it did. The booing / cheering was childish and inappropriate.

Kind of stupid to boo him off on his birthday:(

If Gragnani could have been pulled instead of Lungo that would suit me. Gragnani was a complete liability on the ice!

I made a very similar post yesterday so I have to agree with this topic. Some of the responses are absolutely silly. "He's a big boy" Ummmm so? Is this big boy not human does he not lack confidence at times. Others say fans have nothing to do with it, they couldnt be so wrong. I'm pretty sure the fans of Chicago and Boston had some affect on Luongo. I'm pretty sure the road team generally holds off the home team the first 10 minutes of a playoff game. I'm pretty sure the reason Luongo was asked "what do you think about the fans reaction after being pulled" was because the fans reacted the way they did.

Here we are two games before the playoffs and a good portion that attend the games decide to put doubts up in the air over a game against Anaheim a week before the playoffs. Smart move. Even Cory is starting to realize how horrible the fan base can be for no reason. Does Cory believe he is invincible and he won't receive the same treatment when he loses a game? He sees how Luongo gets treated he knows what's coming. Why don't the fans just bring tombstones with Luongo's name just to remind the players how much you love your goalie graveyard? Some fans embarrass true fans by their actions but its the reputation over the past two years that has honestly killed the reputation of our fan base. I live in Toronto so I'm outside the Vancity reality and I see the way people talk about our fans. Take a look at the polls does this make anyone proud? Sure we are not the worst but I couldnt care less, I simply care about the tasteless and senseless actions that I see all the time and everytime you get the opportunity to knock Luongo down you do. It seems more people want Luongo to fail then to succeed. More people want Luongo off the team then they want the cup. This is all the reputation that precedes canucks fans as a whole. Its what people see, yes there are great great fans but reality is they dont get noticed. They get drowned out by the ones who dont care about the reputation, don't truly care about the team and wouldnt think twice about destroying their city.

I'm not saying fans shouldnt boo but it has to serve a purpose. For example the leafs chanting fire wilson and ultimately getting him fired (remember all those posts about fans have nothing to do with it haha). However doing it to Luongo right before the playoffs serves no purpose and after 6 wins not even deserving but hey the fans got the opportunity and they ran with it. Just like they will do in the playoffs and honestly if I were Luongo and I did finally win the cup I'd take it right back to the locker room. Let me guess that would be Luongo's fault? Couldnt be the fans fault they paid for a ticket they can do whatever they want or so is the attitude of some. Sure of course you can but it still shows your character.

All I ask from a fan in Toronto is be happy with what you do have, a 1st place team, elite cup contender, two great goalies, twin art ross champions, a beast in Kesler, great D core, and smart management that doesnt listen to the Luongo saga from the fans. Make the decision to CHEER on the team even when they lose is there anything wrong with that when you are in 1st? Right now all you fans are accomplishing is making every single goalie think twice about coming to Vancouver. Good job.

Archived