The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

Exactly. Fans are not stupid, they know the difference between soft goal and a goal that he has no chance on.

The first one scored on him tonight was ugly.

U think the reaction tonight is bad? Wait until he puts up some more performances like he did in Boston and you will know how "bad" the fans can be towards this guy....

This is from an article on cbc recaping the game.

Schneider also took exception to the way fans responded when he entered the game and Luongo left.

"It's getting old," said Schneider. "I'm glad they like me and support me, but he's a guy that has done a lot for this team and this city — and he deserves a lot better than that."

I know this has been discussed a lot so I'm not going to say much except that it was shameful and I hope that Luongo, Schneider, and the rest of the team know that there are many of us who really appreciate what Luongo has meant to this team over the years (even if we do get frustrated with him from time to time).

You are saying when Lu has a bad game he should not be pulled?

If it was the D or Lu is irrelevant. He was getting hammered and you don't leave your number 1 in the net in that circumstance. If AV didn't get him out of the line of fire, we would be posting about questioning our coaching.

HOLY! You guys love to over-analyze things don't you?

The fans simply cheered AV's decision to put Schneider in.. Has nothing to do with Luongo getting hate.

Plus, Luongo wasn't having a great night. Fans need to let the players know they're not happy with that kind of effort.

You can't just keep cheering when you're losing, too.

Haven't we already determined that the majority of the people who go to the games are not real fans?

So why are people acting like we're all terrible fans? None of us were even at the game.

All the suits care about is being entertained and getting their money's worth. They'll boo and complain at the first sign of trouble.

can't believe the naivety of some people. "They weren't cheering because AV as pulling Luongo, they were cheering because Schneider was going in." please what a bunch of BS. Yeah the fans were cheering schneider in, but they were also jeering Luongo and it was embarrassing. Even Schneider is getting sick of the fans behavior towards Luongo

Archived