The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Birthday Lui!

cmpunk

As someone who has lived through some TERRIBLE goalies in Vancouver (Felix Potvin - need I say more!), I really appreciate having Lu for the last six-ish years.

We have only missed the playoffs once since trading for him from Florida. He has been a dominant player, putting us in the position to compete every year.

Happy birthday, LU!

*hope he wishes for the cup when he blows out his candles!

I can remember a lot of bad goalies over 42 years. What always made me the maddest was the Cloutier got treated. He was left out to dry on a continual basis by a team weak on defence. Back checking be the WCE line was pathetic exxcept for B Mo. Van fans were/are so ignorant of the game that just like Lou who was responsible for 1 of the 4 scored against him, Cloutier was drummed out of town. The dif between Lou and Cloutier is that Lou challenged the ignorance by denying full responsibility. He doesn't do it much anymore as nothing he said has sunk in that much.

The class act last night was Hank admitting that the team had let Lou down by not picking up their checks. That was something the previous captain Naslund never did.

Archived