The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian-Injured

{nhl}

Hopefully it is'nt a serious injury to Kassian..Even though he has'nt been putting up points,I've been impressed with his skating,and accurate passing...You get used to having the big guy in the lineup.

Calling Kassian out at this stage of his career is too easy a shot.Probably the same impatient bandwagoners that last year were saying Cody Hodgson will be a career AHL'er.

Hopefully it is'nt a serious injury to Kassian..Even though he has'nt been putting up points,I've been impressed with his skating,and accurate passing...You get used to having the big guy in the lineup.

Calling Kassian out at this stage of his career is too easy a shot.Probably the same impatient bandwagoners that last year were saying Cody Hodgson will be a career AHL'er.

Although I wasn't happy with the trade for Kassian in the first place, I thought he was the key player on the line with Sedin and Raymond. Kassian created space for his linemates, enabling Sedin more time to think about what he needs to do, and for Raymond to have time and space to make a quality shot. He didn't get any points on those goals, but I have no doubt that he was a key contributor on those goals.

Kassian is already a good player in developement , I sorry if you have a hard time seeing that. I suggest you take the time to actually watch the game like a "scout" when Kassian is on the ice and isolate on him. Like alot of young players he is still learning the game at the NHL level, plus adapting to the canuck's system of play.

(Take it for what it's worth) When I isolate(watch him and only him with and without the puck) on kassian, I see alot of flashes of good things to come; His under rated passing, his drive off the boards well protecting the puck which is very Bertuzzi like, his cycle along the boards, his speed for a big body, his back checking, his forechecking, his will to go to the net, mucking it up after the whistle, and more if you get my point or not.

Kassian is, on most plays, without the puck in good position defensively and very rarely a liability in that matter( a huge plus for a young player). It's my opinion that the reason we saw Kassian drop in his hitting, after his first few games, is because AV saw him getting a little over overzealous in his hitting and told him to wait for the playoffs they not not need him getting hurt they already know what he can do in that department.

If you watch Kassian closely you will see alot of good things he does do, they are subtle but there if you know what to watch for. With all that said Kassian can and is some times lazy on the ice, but in mostpart plays the way the team plays if the team looks lazy he follows suit and vise versa. So I disagee with your assumption and Kassian will be a big part of this team way before they are pass their peak and in his prime when they are on a new high peak.

Archived