The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Changing Quickly

BobbyLuoo

I would say that a combination of factors has contributed.

1. A demographic that is slowly getting younger.

2. Greater accessibility to the boards, in part facilitated by the CDC staff. (mobile phone access being the primary one)

3. A younger demographic that has access to the tools required to get onto CDC.

4. A continuous feedback loop of noise that slowly drowns out the meaningful conversations.

5. Lack of respect which has been endemic within our society.

6. Lack of willingness to accept responsibility, which may have come hand-in-hand with point #5.

There are probably other factors as well, but these are likely to be the primary ones.

keep reading. second sentence from the bottom...

I've been reading since at least 09, if not earlier.

It shouldnt matter when someone joins, it should matter whether they have anything to contribute to the board or not...yes?

It isn't just on here it is all around the city/province. It is an extremely 'social' thing to be a Canucks fan especially around the Play-offs . conversations between complete strangers about the team, this part I actually really enjoy , it's a bonding experience. BUT every Play-offs I am around 'new' fans who have just realized what a 'bonding' experience the fans have around the city at this time and they try too hard to act like they are knowledgeable about the team, more often or not their info is wrong and that frustrates me. Once the Play-offs are over and all the city-wide bonding is done those fans fade away. There are the few that truly get into the game/team and they usually are eager to learn more and I am happy to help out.

How long you have been a fan, have posted on here or how much merchandise you have doesn't mean a thing, it's an emotional commitment and that is why I take offence to how we are portrayed because of the actions of a small portion of the fan base. Voice your frustrations, stick up for or critcize a player , it's an opinion, personal, and therefore not neccesarily right or wrong in most cases but worthy of a "discussion" not personal attacks, name calling or critcism. We are all here because we are fans , right?

I had the painful experience of allowing 'new' fans to come over and watch game 7 in the finals, as most of you may relate it was an extremely tense, upsetting time and I was ready blow up after hearing " aw, that's too bad " etc. Never again, I was in a major depression after that and wished I was alone, This time ( and I do believe there will be another appearance in the finals ) I am alone or with a couple family/friends who are as emotionally invested as I am.

I feel that CDC is growing more and more into bandwagon type fans then real Canucks fans.

The fact that nobody has patience and expects Kass to come in and score like 30 goals after the deadline is funny..

When Luo has a bad game all of a sudden he needs to be traded, or we have no chance.

Even though if I remember correctly he took us to game 7 of the cup finals...I could be wrong..no?

Im feeling that alot of people on here ONLY watch and follow the Nucks, and have no idea what other teams are doing.

Players slump, Goalies have bad games. Thats why the game is played on ice and not on paper.

Anything can happen, everything pretty much does happen during the run of a season.

THATS why I love the Canucks regardless of what happens, because every other team is having similar problems, or worse. I think we're doing pretty damn good.

Should we have traded Cody away? Only time will tell, but its way too early to even begin speculation on that.

Should we trade Luongo instead of Schneids? No.. We shouldnt.

I havent been very active on these boards, but I promise you I read almost everything posted.

I'm going to try and make a bigger contribution and get involved in the talk from now on though.

i dont see anything wrong with that.

there will always be the hardcore base of fans through think and thin.

and when a team gets on a role and especially has success in the playoffs, there will be more interest and more fareweather fans.

it doesnt make them any less important because they are not as obsssessed as some of us.

my 10 year old nephew loves the nucks and likes playoff games, but he will not spend all year following every game...hes still an important fan tho.

fans come in all types, and they all belong on the bandwagon when and where they choose.

That's not so much where I was going at, people will say crap about the team when their not doing well, then praise them when they hear their doing good. Also people who dont watch the game start arguing that this player sucks, or he sucks because he let in 4 goals, when in reality it could of been due to a 5 on 3, team turning the puck over several times, bad line change, defense leaving somebody wide open ect.

Archived