Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Cdc Changing Quickly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#31 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

CDC's always been like that. But it's gotten worse over last year

#32 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

cdc also develops more hockey minded fans

Posted Image

#33 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Soon enough you'll notice that even when we win games people find ways to criticize the entire team.... :picard: Don't even get me started on when we lose games...some people expect the Canucks to go 82-0
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#34 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

CDC's always been like that. But it's gotten worse over last year

exactly. ever since they became a contender.
NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#35 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hockey and hockey fans.

It is what it is.

#36 BobbyLuoo

BobbyLuoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yet, the posters who try to exude superiority and name call everyone else as "bandwaggoners" in order to make themselves feel better about their lives remain as active as ever.

This isnt about singling out bandwagoners, its about how the posts have gotten progressively worse, and less intelligent over the years.
The fact the some people come on here to chat hockey, and then theres people who know nothing, except, like {nhl} said whatever their friends told them.

I wanna talk about why Luongo may have played bad last night, why he let in soft goals, maybe it was a defensive breakdown on a specific play.
I DONT wanna talk about why we should trade him because he let in a couple soft ones..

see where im goin here?

#37 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

"I feel that CDC is growing more and more into bandwagon type fans then real Canucks fans."

:picard:

#38 BobbyLuoo

BobbyLuoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

"I feel that CDC is growing more and more into bandwagon type fans then real Canucks fans."

:picard:

keep reading. second sentence from the bottom...

I've been reading since at least 09, if not earlier.

It shouldnt matter when someone joins, it should matter whether they have anything to contribute to the board or not...yes?

#39 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,936 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

keep reading. second sentence from the bottom...

I've been reading since at least 09, if not earlier.

It shouldnt matter when someone joins, it should matter whether they have anything to contribute to the board or not...yes?

Exactly

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#40 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I feel that CDC is growing more and more into bandwagon type fans then real Canucks fans.

The fact that nobody has patience and expects Kass to come in and score like 30 goals after the deadline is funny..

When Luo has a bad game all of a sudden he needs to be traded, or we have no chance.
Even though if I remember correctly he took us to game 7 of the cup finals...I could be wrong..no?

Im feeling that alot of people on here ONLY watch and follow the Nucks, and have no idea what other teams are doing.

Players slump, Goalies have bad games. Thats why the game is played on ice and not on paper.
Anything can happen, everything pretty much does happen during the run of a season.
THATS why I love the Canucks regardless of what happens, because every other team is having similar problems, or worse. I think we're doing pretty damn good.

Should we have traded Cody away? Only time will tell, but its way too early to even begin speculation on that.
Should we trade Luongo instead of Schneids? No.. We shouldnt.

I havent been very active on these boards, but I promise you I read almost everything posted.

I'm going to try and make a bigger contribution and get involved in the talk from now on though.

True fan. Well said.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#41 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Most popular sport in Canada with the most popular team in the province.

Leading their Conference and made a trip to the SCF's last year.

Of course,there are going to be a lot of new,younger,less educated fans.

Which lends itself to: What is wrong with that?

This is not motor racing or golf at the Master's.

It is Canada's game and most everyone is involved and has an opinion.

#42 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

yeah..but at the end of the day..who really cares

it takes all kinds to make a world

Op if you think you can change that..well be my guest

we go through this every post season
CDC has to order like 400 new bandwagons just to keep up

welcome to Canuck nation..it is what it is...

real fans..new fans..wanna be fans..bandwagon fans..you can't stop it

let the post season almost begin!! :emot-parrot:

#43 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

First joined in 2002...yes, its very different now than before. Not sure about "quickly", though, it has been a gradual change. I would say the ratio of immature comments to real discussion has gone waaaay up.

#44 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

This isnt about singling out bandwagoners,

Hmmm.... looking at your original post, you could have fooled me

I feel that CDC is growing more and more into bandwagon type fans then real Canucks fans.

The truth is that everyone paid the same admission to get onto this site as you did. The fact that they may be newer or younger fans does not make them less valid or you more important.

As long as they are posting content about hockey, following board rules, and not trolling they get to have their say.

I note that you have only been on the board for a few months and have made few posts, does that mean I get to dismiss you as a yahoo and try to get you banned if you don't agree with me? I have been on this board for almost a decade, so by your logic I am more important and valuable than you are.

Edited by Provost, 04 April 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#45 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

double post

Edited by Provost, 04 April 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#46 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,685 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Soon enough you'll notice that even when we win games people find ways to criticize the entire team.... :picard: Don't even get me started on when we lose games...some people expect the Canucks to go 82-0

98-0 OR BUST!
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#47 BobbyLuoo

BobbyLuoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

I note that you have only been on the board for a few months and have made few posts, does that mean I get to dismiss you as a yahoo and try to get you banned if you don't agree with me? I have been on this board for almost a decade, so by your logic I am more important and valuable than you are.

read post #38...

Im not here to start an argument, if you dont agree with anything I said thats fine. lol

Im here to talk hockey, and most important, Canucks.

#48 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

read post #38...

Im not here to start an argument, if you dont agree with anything I said thats fine. lol

Im here to talk hockey, and most important, Canucks.

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. If you can't see the connection between your using the word "bandwaggoner" and you joining recently... then I despair of your basic understanding of the term:
band·wag·on/ˈbandˌwagən/
Noun:
  • A particular activity or cause that has suddenly become fashionable or popular.
Even if we accept your assertion that you "really" been following the board since 2009, rather than just the few months since you joined... it still makes you someone who started following since the Canucks started to have success, certainly in relation to many of the other members here. That makes your use of the term ironic and a cause for derision in itself. Like a 12 year old complaining that the CDC members are too young and immature.

You did in fact come on here to start an argument, that was the entire purpose of creating this thread. Look at the title your used. You did not want to talk hockey... you simply wanted to inform people that you were better than they were.

I suppose it is possible that with that mindset, you did not actually anticipate anyone arguing... that they should have just accepted your judgement.

Edited by Provost, 04 April 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#49 BobbyLuoo

BobbyLuoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

You did in fact come on here to start an argument, that was the entire purpose of creating this thread. Look at the title your used. You did not want to talk hockey... you simply wanted to inform people that you were better than they were.

you're not worth it.

My post was basically asking "where have all the good people gone"

But if you want to talk to me personally, msg me. Dont blow up a thread over it.

I graduated highschool, Im out of that drama phase dude.

#50 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

you're not worth it.

My post was basically asking "where have all the good people gone"

But if you want to talk to me personally, msg me. Dont blow up a thread over it.

I graduated highschool, Im out of that drama phase dude.

The hubris remains....

"good people" are defined by people who agree with your particular views.

#51 BobbyLuoo

BobbyLuoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

The hubris remains....

"good people" are defined by people who agree with your particular views.

people that can hold a conversation without turning it into a huge disagreement and argument like yourself, actually.

Last time I reply to you in this thread dude. I respect the rules.

ps. If I only started following since they have success why do I own a Bure jersey from the 95-96 season?
and a 1979 Jersey, as well as a new Luongo one..

Yepppp...I just hopped on that bandwagon last night actually.

Edited by BobbyLuoo, 04 April 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#52 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,109 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Read my lips.

Bandwagon Fan
Anyone who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don't own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

cdc-unavailable.jpg

#53 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

well when your team has no cups since they started expectations are bound to be high if you know your team has the ability to win but keep coming up short for years now. That's why there's a lot of bandwagoners around. If canucks can win a stanley cup anytime soon you will see a lot of them disappear but if they keep coming up short you'll see more of them everyday

#54 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

You don't say...

#55 danjr

danjr

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think anyone who hasn't lived through the Smythe division days has no right to complain. You didn't have to live through the humiliating Oiler shelacings week after week.

And Provost, I think you are taking it a bit over the top. Your posts are making you look like an ass by the context, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.
Calling dibs on a Presidents trophy. Boy did I call that right X2.

#56 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

I would say that a combination of factors has contributed.

1. A demographic that is slowly getting younger.
2. Greater accessibility to the boards, in part facilitated by the CDC staff. (mobile phone access being the primary one)
3. A younger demographic that has access to the tools required to get onto CDC.
4. A continuous feedback loop of noise that slowly drowns out the meaningful conversations.
5. Lack of respect which has been endemic within our society.
6. Lack of willingness to accept responsibility, which may have come hand-in-hand with point #5.

There are probably other factors as well, but these are likely to be the primary ones.
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#57 sdnucksfan

sdnucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

well man, welcome to CDC. all you can do really is realize the trends here and ignore them...after a loss our D is garbage and lu needs to be gone...after a win(unless its 8-0 domination) someone played like crap and needs to be gone(most popular in this type of thread is mason raymond).

Just be one of the smart ones on here that writes decent posts and be a positive part of the canucks society. there are always idiots wherever you go, there not just on here, and theres nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

dont get involved with the stupidity its a waste of time, as they say "ya cant fix stupid". combat the idiots with some intelligence and well thought out researched posts.

#58 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

I agree... that is why a thread created specifically to tell people that most of them are stupid gets me annoyed.

I do have to say that putting a post calling someone an ass and then using the above quoted statement as the rest of the sentence is a little ridiculous and illogical.

eg. ""Hey idiots! Name calling is totally inappropriate!"

#59 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Im not sure what prompts people who deem themselves to be "true fans" to lable others posters, ticket buyers and such as bandwagoners. It is meritorious to support your team in a thoughtful way, but if one does indeed remember the days when we were nowhere,then one must also acknowledge that those bandwagoners and " suits" and " texters" who sit at the game & never cheer enough and come on CDC and post thoughtless judgemental comments are part of the reason we have the riches we have now, because they buy tickets and merchandise.
Its natural to feel somewhat proprietorial when youve been a forever supporter, but forgive people for their youth, newness to hockey or whatever transgressions you feel theyve commited. You cant expect others to adhere to your personal standards, and they aren't worth the time.. There will always be bandwagoners and haters.

Edited by Cristalinastar, 04 April 2012 - 01:22 PM.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#60 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

OP: Every hockey forum I have ever read is the same as ours. Was it necessary to start a topic on this? Can I ask what you were hoping to achieve?

Why not ? there are threads for complaining about players, etc. why not one where we can complain about the fans, I'm enjoying it personally. I too spend more time reading than posting. I agree with the above poster about there being more fans because of the teams recent success, fans that do not know much except the basics about the team. I see that all the time with more people talking publicly during the Play-offs and I find it extremely frustrating listening to 'new' fans being totally wrong in the info they are talking about (but I can appreciate the enthusiasm) we have a right to complain since they are a big part of why the Canucks fans are perceived in such a negative way , last night for example, all the talk about how the fans treat Luongo, really , that is not fair to ALL the fans cause I don't agree with booing your own team \ players even if they do frustrate me, and I don't appreciate being lumped into a group 'publicly' that does it. I do remember the losing years, missing the Play-offs etc. and maybe that is why I enjoy what we have now so much ( even our goalie ) because you just know, that soon enough this window of opportuniy will be gone and the lean years will be back for a while, wonder how many 'die hard' fans will be sticking with the team then .... ;)
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.