The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Changing Quickly

BobbyLuoo

I lurked the boards for years and didn't sign up until 2010.

However, the influx of bad, immature posters can probably be attributed to the team's success. As the Canucks have become an elite team, more people have jumped on the bandwagon and become fans.

A lot of the newer posters are quite young and weren't around when this team sucked. They weren't here for the goalie graveyard days, or the days when the attendance at games were so low we almost lost the team. They weren't around when the Canucks were missing the playoffs consistently.

A lot of the knee-jerk reactionary posts come from fans who just haven't followed the team, or the sport for long enough. I always say that a lot of Canucks fans aren't hockey fans. They couldn't name 5 players on each of the NHL teams if you asked them.

That's how you get fans complaining about this team after every loss. Because the teams been so good for the last few years, the expectations have been set really high. New fans don't know any better. They don't understand the Canucks situation compared to the rest of the league. It's the same douchebags who boo Luongo or create a thread about him after every soft goal he lets in.

41 years and no cup is also attributable. The fan base is just starving for a cup. It's just made the fans really anxious, and a little neurotic about the team.

Same demographics, just more users.

However, some of the more 'mature' ones have bolted after getting sick of all the crap. The ones that have stayed have learned to mainly ignore the crap. And there is a lot of crap. Cheers.

TOML

By the way, I do fully agree that the Canucks have a large group of banwagoners. It has increased both on CDC and in general amongst Canuck fans. They often spew some opinion that they heard their friend say or some article say without any backup. It is best to ignore than idiots.

Also, this number of fake/immature fans has increased ever since they became contenders.

I would say canucks are ranked top 5 when it comes to worst fans in the league. Last night was just a taste of the Canucks faithful.

keep reading. second sentence from the bottom...

I've been reading since at least 09, if not earlier.

It shouldnt matter when someone joins, it should matter whether they have anything to contribute to the board or not...yes?

I feel that CDC is growing more and more into bandwagon type fans then real Canucks fans.

The fact that nobody has patience and expects Kass to come in and score like 30 goals after the deadline is funny..

When Luo has a bad game all of a sudden he needs to be traded, or we have no chance.

Even though if I remember correctly he took us to game 7 of the cup finals...I could be wrong..no?

Im feeling that alot of people on here ONLY watch and follow the Nucks, and have no idea what other teams are doing.

Players slump, Goalies have bad games. Thats why the game is played on ice and not on paper.

Anything can happen, everything pretty much does happen during the run of a season.

THATS why I love the Canucks regardless of what happens, because every other team is having similar problems, or worse. I think we're doing pretty damn good.

Should we have traded Cody away? Only time will tell, but its way too early to even begin speculation on that.

Should we trade Luongo instead of Schneids? No.. We shouldnt.

I havent been very active on these boards, but I promise you I read almost everything posted.

I'm going to try and make a bigger contribution and get involved in the talk from now on though.

Archived