Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Cdc Changing Quickly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#91 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,913 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

CDC has actually stayed the same since '07. The time I started viewing it.

Bashing/Trolling whatever happened before and still happens.

307mg00.jpg

#92 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

you spelt LOU wrong in your name buddy

lol fail
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#93 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hockey is as big as its ever been, and since we have a good team it's offcially "cool" to be a Canucks fan, especially near playoff time.

i dont see anything wrong with that.
there will always be the hardcore base of fans through think and thin.
and when a team gets on a role and especially has success in the playoffs, there will be more interest and more fareweather fans.
it doesnt make them any less important because they are not as obsssessed as some of us.
my 10 year old nephew loves the nucks and likes playoff games, but he will not spend all year following every game...hes still an important fan tho.
fans come in all types, and they all belong on the bandwagon when and where they choose.

#94 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

It isn't just on here it is all around the city/province. It is an extremely 'social' thing to be a Canucks fan especially around the Play-offs . conversations between complete strangers about the team, this part I actually really enjoy , it's a bonding experience. BUT every Play-offs I am around 'new' fans who have just realized what a 'bonding' experience the fans have around the city at this time and they try too hard to act like they are knowledgeable about the team, more often or not their info is wrong and that frustrates me. Once the Play-offs are over and all the city-wide bonding is done those fans fade away. There are the few that truly get into the game/team and they usually are eager to learn more and I am happy to help out.
How long you have been a fan, have posted on here or how much merchandise you have doesn't mean a thing, it's an emotional commitment and that is why I take offence to how we are portrayed because of the actions of a small portion of the fan base. Voice your frustrations, stick up for or critcize a player , it's an opinion, personal, and therefore not neccesarily right or wrong in most cases but worthy of a "discussion" not personal attacks, name calling or critcism. We are all here because we are fans , right?
I had the painful experience of allowing 'new' fans to come over and watch game 7 in the finals, as most of you may relate it was an extremely tense, upsetting time and I was ready blow up after hearing " aw, that's too bad " etc. Never again, I was in a major depression after that and wished I was alone, This time ( and I do believe there will be another appearance in the finals ) I am alone or with a couple family/friends who are as emotionally invested as I am.
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#95 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

I feel that CDC is growing more and more into bandwagon type fans then real Canucks fans.

The fact that nobody has patience and expects Kass to come in and score like 30 goals after the deadline is funny..

When Luo has a bad game all of a sudden he needs to be traded, or we have no chance.
Even though if I remember correctly he took us to game 7 of the cup finals...I could be wrong..no?

Im feeling that alot of people on here ONLY watch and follow the Nucks, and have no idea what other teams are doing.

Players slump, Goalies have bad games. Thats why the game is played on ice and not on paper.
Anything can happen, everything pretty much does happen during the run of a season.
THATS why I love the Canucks regardless of what happens, because every other team is having similar problems, or worse. I think we're doing pretty damn good.

Should we have traded Cody away? Only time will tell, but its way too early to even begin speculation on that.
Should we trade Luongo instead of Schneids? No.. We shouldnt.

I havent been very active on these boards, but I promise you I read almost everything posted.

I'm going to try and make a bigger contribution and get involved in the talk from now on though.

I think you are a band-wagoner of this city and province. Just because the fans let you down here and there (even though they have suffered for 40 years especially the last 3 years) , you start posting threads about how we all suck...

#96 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,265 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

i dont see anything wrong with that.
there will always be the hardcore base of fans through think and thin.
and when a team gets on a role and especially has success in the playoffs, there will be more interest and more fareweather fans.
it doesnt make them any less important because they are not as obsssessed as some of us.
my 10 year old nephew loves the nucks and likes playoff games, but he will not spend all year following every game...hes still an important fan tho.
fans come in all types, and they all belong on the bandwagon when and where they choose.

That's not so much where I was going at, people will say crap about the team when their not doing well, then praise them when they hear their doing good. Also people who dont watch the game start arguing that this player sucks, or he sucks because he let in 4 goals, when in reality it could of been due to a 5 on 3, team turning the puck over several times, bad line change, defense leaving somebody wide open ect.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#97 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

That's not so much where I was going at, people will say crap about the team when their not doing well, then praise them when they hear their doing good. Also people who dont watch the game start arguing that this player sucks, or he sucks because he let in 4 goals, when in reality it could of been due to a 5 on 3, team turning the puck over several times, bad line change, defense leaving somebody wide open ect.

i understand your point here...it can be frustrating...but we should know better than to engage in a conversation with the fans that are less knowledgeable...or at least just take what they are saying with a grain of salt.
my point was more just saying that its a fact of life that people jump on and off the bandwagon and that those people young and old have that right to.....my mom gets in a frenzy in the playoffs, but she knows very little about hockey and even the canucks...but i know better than to argue with her if she has poor judgemnent on a certain play....im happy to have her on the bandwagon when she is there tho.

#98 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

It's the Internet buddy
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#99 BobbyLuoo

BobbyLuoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

lol fail

again, Roberto LUOngo...correct.

I think you are a band-wagoner of this city and province. Just because the fans let you down here and there (even though they have suffered for 40 years especially the last 3 years) , you start posting threads about how we all suck...

I never said anyone sucked. I may have said the conversation did.

#100 BobbyLuoo

BobbyLuoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

It's the Internet buddy

god damnit I always do this.
I meant to post this in real life, not on the internet.

sorry guys.

#101 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Remember that a lot of posters here are pretty young.

not all, some just have the brain capacity of a 12 year old so it seems like it

#102 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Whiney thread=whining :picard:
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#103 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

again, Roberto LUOngo...correct.

I never said anyone sucked. I may have said the conversation did.

Fair enough. But I hope you can see why the fans are upset. I personally believe people on cdc are not bandwagoners at all. If anything they are diehard. The Lu supporters, the Cory Supporters, and everyone else...I think they really care about this team and that is why they risk their views getting crucified on these boards, just as you are with your thread. Anyone who comes to these boards everyday or listens to team 1040 everyday lol (given the fact that they watch every game they can) cannot be considered a bandwagoner at all. They are passionate fans who suffer with the team, so they are entitled to whine and complain cause they are invested emotionally and not just financially or time-wise.

Edited by iluvbc, 04 April 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#104 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,265 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

i understand your point here...it can be frustrating...but we should know better than to engage in a conversation with the fans that are less knowledgeable...or at least just take what they are saying with a grain of salt.
my point was more just saying that its a fact of life that people jump on and off the bandwagon and that those people young and old have that right to.....my mom gets in a frenzy in the playoffs, but she knows very little about hockey and even the canucks...but i know better than to argue with her if she has poor judgemnent on a certain play....im happy to have her on the bandwagon when she is there tho.

No problems there but those who act like they know everything when they really dont know anything at all... It's just like...
Ofcourse it shouldnt be taken as much coming from a person as I was talking about, but it does get really annoying when they wont shutup or theirs a bunch of them. I always stand by my team 199% so ofcourse I take it as if someones saying it about me.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#105 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

You sir are a Tool!

troll
just jk
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.